Re: [ujeni] pe-f-pani...

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29, 2000
      What I remember (And, Deepa, this doesn't count since I rebutted them):

      Home Boy...Janell, me and others playing Asshole, and all the guys havingt
      to sing the Homeboy refrain in Ekwendeni...then we had the chief of police
      palying asshole...did he really sing the national anthemm backwards ruinning
      around the PC vehicle???

      When Paul lost at asshole... with a watermelon on his head....I remember
      some <interesting converdations that night too...eh, Bruner???

      When Paul gave you your walkaround with no hassles........ not: At least I
      was consistent...ask the Mali PCVs...Janell and Roopangi found this to be
      true...

      A certain Big-ass chess set...Did he ever hollow those things out, or sea
      freight them???

      Pat & John getting busted for the Peace Corpse...the one time I go on
      vacaiton, and I miss it...

      Jarvo naked at Roopangi's house...AGH!...but he COULD make god banafi pie...

      Hobbs's Tye dye suit...Bakili wanted one if I remember correctly...

      Paul Dever - Ujeni Man of the Year...24 signed copies left

      Driving the Peace Corps vehicles naked...I don't even want more detail..

      Paul was wearing lipstick....or was it mipstick? Cool Moodstick, and that
      was the nite that the computer guy from PC/Wash got malaria 'cause Erin
      Oconnel forgot to make hotel reservations...

      Disclaimer: Jarvo may or may not have been naked at any or all of the above
      named places...but he DID have his shirt off

      how about a few more...

      a Health PCV (AIDS education) confessing that she had had unprotected
      sex...the irony...

      the Dever hotel, and all that perdiem that was paid...but not to ME!!!!!!!!

      Joe Kemmer's ode to Whistle (anyone got a copy?)

      the AK-47's...did they make it to Monkey Bay???

      the pig roasts????

      Korean Hotel???

      doig the "circuit" : Lilongwe Hotel (HIV Bar), Hollywood, Lingadzi Inn...

      Likoma John and his outreach at the Lilongwe Hotel...

      Steve and the Croc...

      Dolly's chocolate chip cookies...

      well, let us contemplate those and see what other nostalgia comes abound...

    • Robert Cregg
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 30, 2000
        I don't EVER recall squealing like a pig!!! At least I wasn't the GREAT
        CORNHOLIO!!!... Meridth.. Sorry to those for whom this makes no sense!

        Rob

        viva Zomba

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 10, 2000
          Hay, the stories of my nakedness were greatly exaggerated. I was never naked
          in Roopangi's house although the rest may have been true. I think. Maybe. I
          don't know, who really does know? Does anyone have pictures? Anyways, all I
          know is that McNutty, Soble, Jessie "The Alien Expert", Shockley, Allen, and
          others kept feeding me shot and trying to shave my chest.

          Jarvo