Re: [ujeni] Distribution of the world population

  • Vyrle Owens
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 23, 2000

      Dear Bill,

      Thank you for the quick response to my query. Very helpful.

      Vyrle

      By the way, to all the people following the HIV/AIDS situation: One of our
      local/regional daily newspapers (Salem, Oregon, Statesman Journal) finally
      carried an article on AIDS, front page too.

      The headline: FACING AIDS The epidemic quietly overtook half a continent.

      The next line after the pictures:

      The warning signs of the oncoming calamity in sub-Saharan Africa have been
      clear for at least a decade, but authorities at all levels refused to act.

      Actually, it is from the Washington Post by Barton Gellman.

      I thought it was significant to have a local paper carry this
      story on the front page, along with a story about a Returned Peace Corps
      Volunteer from Namibia, a teacher who tried to do something about HIV/AIDS
      education on the side.

      The date, Monday, 17 July 2000

      the website: www.StatesmanJournal.com

      So, Cathy and Don Weber, go to your local newspaper and have them do a
      story on you, then run the AIDS article from the Washington Post.

      Cheers to all,

      Vyrle