Re: uganda mission cancelled

  • Kristen E. Cheney
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 1999
      Liz,

      I would be very interested in your more detailed information, as I do
      research in Uganda and was in the process of planning a summer trip there to
      get my dissertation work going. News like this, then, is really devastating to
      me on several fronts. I was in Buhoma, one of the camps that was attacked, just
      before I left Malawi. Bwindi was considered a much safer place to see the
      gorillas than Mgahinga at the time, because Laurent Kabila's guerillas were
      amassing on the boarder inside the national park there.

      Thanks,
      Kristen