Language Tips

  • John Patten
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2000
      Things I have learned so far while studying Spanish in
      Guadalajara:

      1. David Hasselhoff is a huge world star.
      2. "English" and "groin" is the exact same word
      depending on where you put the stressor. If you choose
      poorly, as I did, "Do you know my language" becomes
      something different altogether.
      3. Do not followup #2 by calling your host father a
      potato.
      4. Incredulous looks know no linguistic boundary.
      5. Everything we have was reverse engineered using UFO
      technology. Wait, that was the X-Files in Spanish.
      6. The Simpsons are funny in any language.
      7. Mixing in a few Chichewa words to finish the
      sentence practically NEVER works.

      More as the situation deteriorates. JP

      Confidential to Melissa S: "Pork" is not a verb in
      Espanol either.

      http://mail.yahoo.com/