Re: PCVs - Uganda

  • Bell, Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 3, 1999
      well i, personally, appreciate the "don't die" message.

      if anyone with a machete asks, i'm canadian. raised in malawi. muli
      bwanji.

      seriously though, i am not a fool. i am fully aware of what happened in
      bwindi a couple of days ago. it is horrifying. however, i believe the
      problems to be very very localized and will be very very careful. i will
      also be with people who do this for a living in some very bad places and
      have gotten pretty good at staying alive in unstable situations, primarily
      by knowing when to leave.

      thanks paul. will let you know how it goes.

    • DSJarvi@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 3, 1999
        I will follow Alan anywhere because he will make a great human shield when the
        bullets/pangas start flying.
      • Alan de Brauw
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 4, 1999
          Yarvels-

          I'm too skinny to shild you these days! We'll take USAID people hostage
          and chain them up in front of our bottle store, so we can drink without
          interruption. Then, Hobbler MacBain can slice through the shield when he's
          completed the mission.

          Sobel, now there's a fat bastard these days...

        • DSJarvi@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 4, 1999
            Sounds like a plan with me. By the way where is Sobel?