Re: PCVs - Uganda

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 3, 1999
      O, Paul, you sensitive soul...

      >>> "Paul Dever" <pdever@...> 03/03 11:25 AM >>>
      From: "Paul Dever" <pdever@...>

      Reply to: RE>[ujeni] PCVs - Uganda
      I know some tourists were killed. Don't gop to Le foret inpenetrable (The
      impenatrable forest) to see mountain gorillas. They were killed there.

      Stay off the streets at night. Go to your work and back to the hotel. No
      bar hopping...

      Good luck

      Ideas on how we can improve ONElist?
      http://www.onelist.com
      Check out the Suggestion Box feature on our new web site
    • Alan de Brauw
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 3, 1999
        Hey, is Hobbler subscribed to this list? I say the CIA sends Hobbler in
        with his machete to take care of the Hutus du foret. I'll nominate myself,
        Yarvels, BFKATFB, Dug Bush, and Booker to go in as back-up. We'll wait for
        him at the bottle store...

        Any of you in Washington want to look into this? We're all ready to take
        action immediately if necessary, if its for the grope... oops, I mean
        good... of the country.

        Alan

        From: "Christine Chumbler" <cchumble@...>

        >O, Paul, you sensitive soul...

        >From: "Paul Dever" <pdever@...>
        >
        > Reply to: RE>[ujeni] PCVs - Uganda
        >I know some tourists were killed. Don't gop to Le foret inpenetrable (The
        >impenatrable forest) to see mountain gorillas. They were killed there.
        >
        >Stay off the streets at night. Go to your work and back to the hotel. No
        >bar hopping...
        >
        >Good luck

        >Ideas on how we can improve ONElist?
        >http://www.onelist.com
        >Check out the Suggestion Box feature on our new web site

        >Ta Da! Come see our new web site!
        >http://www.onelist.com
        >Onelist: A free email community service
      • Bell, Elizabeth
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 3, 1999
          well i, personally, appreciate the "don't die" message.

          if anyone with a machete asks, i'm canadian. raised in malawi. muli
          bwanji.

          seriously though, i am not a fool. i am fully aware of what happened in
          bwindi a couple of days ago. it is horrifying. however, i believe the
          problems to be very very localized and will be very very careful. i will
          also be with people who do this for a living in some very bad places and
          have gotten pretty good at staying alive in unstable situations, primarily
          by knowing when to leave.

          thanks paul. will let you know how it goes.

        • DSJarvi@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 3, 1999
            I will follow Alan anywhere because he will make a great human shield when the
            bullets/pangas start flying.
          • Alan de Brauw
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 4, 1999
              Yarvels-

              I'm too skinny to shild you these days! We'll take USAID people hostage
              and chain them up in front of our bottle store, so we can drink without
              interruption. Then, Hobbler MacBain can slice through the shield when he's
              completed the mission.

              Sobel, now there's a fat bastard these days...

            • DSJarvi@xxx.xxx
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 4, 1999
                Sounds like a plan with me. By the way where is Sobel?