End of e-mail

  • Peter Bertling
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2000
      Well, everyone, life is ending as we know it. School ended (only for the
      foreign staff, though) yesterday, with most foreign staff getting the hell
      out of Dodge ASAP. For those of us who are sticking around for awhile, we
      came over to check our computer accounts, only to find that our access had
      been revoked. For those of you joining our program late (ie, I haven't
      talked with you all year), our new director this year has had a beef with
      anyone who doesn't follow his vision of the school. By the end of the
      year, that included just about every teacher on campus, Turkish and
      foreign. Today, I woke up to no electricity in the apt., but electricity
      here at school, which is right across the street. Am I just paranoid in
      thinking that he's trying to make life harder to push us out faster?
      Maybe. But with some of the stuff this guy has pulled, it wouldn't
      surprise me one bit to find the locks changed on my door in the next few days.
      Anyway, so what this all leads up to is that this account will be closing
      for good in a day or so. If you have any further comments to send, stories
      to tell, or just good old greetings, please start to send them to

      pjbertling@...

      That's one account I'll be able to get into. Hope all is well with
      everyone. Deb and Rand, congrats on the homecoming. Anyone who's
      interested, my return date has been temporarily suspended, by my choice.
      I'm not sure when I'll be back in the Chicago/ US area, but I'll be in
      phone touch once I am. Until then, e-mail will have to do. Take care,
      peace, and pancakes.

      Peter