Debt relife to fight graft and poverty?????

    Message 1 of 1 , May 16 7:57 AM
      Hmmm...Debt relief....so more can be plundered?????

      If there were real concern for alleviating poverty, I think all the MPs
      would donate their 2,000 litre petrol allotment to charities...and maybe not
      be so persnikitty about per diems, and just do their jobs...

      Why are there extra efforts necessary to fight corruption? Does this mean if
      ther is no debt relief, there will be no effort to alleviate poverty and
      eliminate graft...

      One good method of alleviating graft is found in some countries which put a
      severe penalty for crossing a certain threshhold...In one country, if you
      steal/graft/em,bezzle/whatever more than 1.000.000 FCFA (Approx $1400 now),
      you have purchased a bullet placed firmly in the cranium....

      Drastic yes, but somewhat effective...

      Allright, bring on the critics.....heh, heh...