Re: [ujeni] Digest Number 331

  • phil oneill
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 7, 2000
      My friends,

      I am somehow confusing.

      Why do I often receive in a single Ujeni Digest both the initial posting of
      a message and responses to that message? Am I missing something fundamental
      about the nature of this... what is this Ujeni exactly.

      My assumption is that on a daily basis messages are collected and sent out
      as a single digest. Then people can respond and their responses would be
      seen the next day. But this is not the pattern I see. Below is a digest
      that contains Brian's note about a geography project in Wyoming - presumably
      this was sent from Minn. Also contained in this digest is Paul's response
      to this message. (It is often Paul's response that immediately follows an
      initial posting. At first I thought this was a result of timezone, and
      maybe it is, but I think it has more to do with frequency. Paul have you
      ever considered a daily editorial column?) Furthermore, there are responses
      to Paul's response. How did everyone involved see Brian's post and respond
      (X2) before I saw the original post?

      If you do not have the answer to this question please forward my message to
      everyone you know and ask them to send me $10 each at
      1556 Plateau Ave
      Los Altos, CA 94024

      and further to sign as many far-left petitions as possible and to forward me
      the results.

      At a minimum, let's all thank 4th grade classes of all nations for
      generating controversy that leads to scintillating Ujeni discussion.

      On a personal note. I have been accepted to the Haas School of Business at
      UC Berkeley. Go Bears! (I was also rejected by four schools considered
      better than my beloved Haas. So F&%$ the #1 seeded loser Cardinals and the
      entire populations of Boston, Philadelphia, and NYC.)

      Stay well,

      Phil

      >From: ujeni@egroups.com
      >To: ujeni@egroups.com
      >Subject: [ujeni] Digest Number 331
      >Date: 7 Apr 2000 10:22:20 -0000

      >There are 16 messages in this issue.
      >
      >Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. Re: (unknown)
      > From: leah321@...
      > 2. Fwd: Live WWW Discussion from Lilongwe, Friday - April 7
      > From: susan_clasby@...
      > 3. zim news
      > From: "Christine Chumbler" <cchumble@...>
      > 4. Malawi news
      > From: "Christine Chumbler" <cchumble@...>
      > 5. Fwd: school geography lesson
      > From: "brian stoessel" <brianstoessel@...>
      > 6. Re: Fwd: school geography lesson
      > From: "Paul Dever" <pdever@...>
      > 7. Re: Fwd: school geography lesson
      > From: "Christine Chumbler" <cchumble@...>
      > 8. Re: geography lesson
      > From: Mark Holland <holland@...>
      > 9. Re: Fwd: school geography lesson
      > From: "Paul Dever" <pdever@...>
      > 10. Re: Fwd: school geography lesson
      > From: "emma spenner" <espenner@...>
      > 11. FW: Live WWW Discussion from Lilongwe, Friday - April 7
      > From: "Kadakia, Roopangi" <rkadakia@...>
      > 12. Geography Project
      > From: Rand Wise <wiserd@...>
      > 13. Re: Geography Project
      > From: "Weber" <weber@...>
      > 14. Re: Geography Project
      > From: "Paul Dever" <pdever@...>
      > 15. PCV Search
      > From: "Paul Dever" <pdever@...>
      > 16. ZIMBABWE: IRIN chronology [2000407]
      > From: Kristen Cheney <kcheney@...>

    • Paul Dever
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 8, 2000
        Reply to: RE>>[ujeni] Digest Number 331
        Yes you are confusing.

        The time-space transmordium concept of stratospheric travel of emails in
        the plasma state of the universe allows for the quick-witted comments such
        as mine to travel much faster than the actual comments....it is a quirk of
        nature, as am I.

        --------------------------------------
        Date: 4/8/00 4:20 AM
        To: Custodian
        From: ujeni@egroups.com
        My friends,

> [...]

        >Topics in this digest:
        >
        > 1. Re: (unknown)
        > From: leah321@...
        > 2. Fwd: Live WWW Discussion from Lilongwe, Friday - April 7
        > From: susan_clasby@...
        > 3. zim news
        > From: "Christine Chumbler" <cchumble@...>
        > 4. Malawi news
        > From: "Christine Chumbler" <cchumble@...>
        > 5. Fwd: school geography lesson
        > From: "brian stoessel" <brianstoessel@...>
        > 6. Re: Fwd: school geography lesson
        > From: "Paul Dever" <pdever@...>
        > 7. Re: Fwd: school geography lesson
        > From: "Christine Chumbler" <cchumble@...>
        > 8. Re: geography lesson
        > From: Mark Holland <holland@...>
        > 9. Re: Fwd: school geography lesson
        > From: "Paul Dever" <pdever@...>
        > 10. Re: Fwd: school geography lesson
        > From: "emma spenner" <espenner@...>
        > 11. FW: Live WWW Discussion from Lilongwe, Friday - April 7

        LOW RATE, NO WAIT!
        Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds! Get rates
        as low as 2.9% Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR and no hidden fees.
        Learn more at:
        http://click.egroups.com/1/937/3/_/519888/_/955162189/

        [Message ID: -1256954875]
        [Internet header:]
        To: ujeni@egroups.com
        Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 19:49:48 PDT
        From: "phil oneill" <oneill_phil@...>
        Subject: Re: [ujeni] Digest Number 331
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 8, 2000
          listserve, where Paul posts, proposes, responds, and Pauls to all things
          Paul in Pauldom.

          Don't take this Pauliously, Paul. I'm just Pauling around. Looking forward
          to your next Paulsting.

          Signed,

          Paul

          P.S. -- I need a salary advance... don't make me come to post.

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 8, 2000
            Reply to: RE>>[ujeni] Digest Number 331
            I have paid the wages of arrogance and that in the most abject manner.

            The Paul

            --------------------------------------

> [...]

            > From: "Paul Dever" <pdever@...>
            > 7. Re: Fwd: school geography lesson
            > From: "Christine Chumbler" <cchumble@...>
            > 8. Re: geography lesson
            > From: Mark Holland <holland@...>
            > 9. Re: Fwd: school geography lesson
            > From: "Paul Dever" <pdever@...>
            > 10. Re: Fwd: school geography lesson
            > From: "emma spenner" <espenner@...>
            > 11. FW: Live WWW Discussion from Lilongwe, Friday - April 7
            > From: "Kadakia, Roopangi" <rkadakia@...>
            > 12. Geography Project
            > From: Rand Wise <wiserd@...>
            > 13. Re: Geography Project
            > From: "Weber" <weber@...>
            > 14. Re: Geography Project
            > From: "Paul Dever" <pdever@...>
            > 15. PCV Search
            > From: "Paul Dever" <pdever@...>
            > 16. ZIMBABWE: IRIN chronology [2000407]
            > From: Kristen Cheney <kcheney@...>

            GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds! Get rates as low as 2.9%
            Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR and no hidden fees. Apply NOW!
            http://click.egroups.com/1/936/3/_/519888/_/955190196/

            [Message ID: -1256927188]
            [Internet header:]
            To: ujeni@egroups.com