Re: [ujeni] Fwd: school geography lesson

  • Paul Dever
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 6, 2000
      Reply to: RE>[ujeni] Fwd: school geography lesson
      How does one know if this is real? I get about 8 each day, so there are a
      lot of grade schools that want this thing...funny the request is exactly
      the same, but the school name changes...hmmmmm

      SO let everyone kow that they're received in Mali....

      --------------------------------------
      Date: 4/6/00 1:54 PM
      To: Custodian
      From: ujeni@egroups.com
      Hello everyone,

      I thought my Peace Corps acquaintances might provide a nice broad spectrum
      of locations for this class. Thanks,

      Brian

      >Hi everyone,
      >My cousin sent this to me and it sounds like a neat little project for the
      >kids. Can you help them out by sending them a reply, and telling them
      >where
      >you are and something about yourself?
      >Thanks, Mike
      >

      >Subject: GEOGRAPHY LESSON

      >world

      > > >year.

      > > class.

      >your

      LOW RATE, NO WAIT!
      Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds! Get rates
      as low as 2.9% Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR and no hidden fees.
      Apply NOW!
      http://click.egroups.com/1/2122/3/_/519888/_/955029285/

      |------------------------- enclosed message -------------------------|
      From: DDOOHER@...
      Full-name: DDOOHER
      Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 17:46:38 EDT
      Subject: Fwd: fwd school geography lesson
      To: Rtmmchavez@..., maryd@..., gendd@...,
      blecchoolihan@..., JHoolihan@..., Jrk3250@...,
      Koerinca@..., ckranda@...,
      Mlavelle2@..., m_mcgrane@..., dm513@...,
      CST1268@..., Zedco@...

      --part2_36.42fbc54.261d0e3e_boundary

      Hello everyone, Hope you help this class out. we got this note from our
      friends in Nebraska. Our love to you all. Dave and Jane

      --part2_36.42fbc54.261d0e3e_boundary

      From: Frostsharp@...
      Full-name: Frostsharp
      Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 13:57:09 EDT
      To: THEBORERS@..., Rtmmchavez@..., KKD819@..., DDOOHER@...,
      adruliner@..., Ander06@..., Jomax927@...,
      Deepokits@..., OHSharpes@..., JChisme@...

      --part3_36.42fbc54.261cd875_boundary

      --part3_36.42fbc54.261cd875_boundary

      From: "Kerry Zingg" <kzingg@...>
      To: "Anne Walden" <awalden@...>, "Deb Wetzel" <debwetzel@...>,
      "Melinda & Steve" <mebrown@...>,
      "Frostsharp" <Frostsharp@...>, "Dean Zingg" <Deanzingg@...>
      Subject: fwd school geography lesson
      Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 15:58:05 -0500

      Subject: GEOGRAPHY LESSON

      > >year.
      > class.

      --part3_36.42fbc54.261cd875_boundary--

      --part2_36.42fbc54.261d0e3e_boundary--

      |______________________ end of enclosed message ______________________|

      [Message ID: -1257093224]
      [Internet header:]
      To: mipall@..., cphangaphanga@..., ujeni@onelist.com
      Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 06:54:44 PDT
      From: "brian stoessel" <brianstoessel@...>
      Subject: [ujeni] Fwd: school geography lesson
        I checked the hoax sites, and nothing was mentioned about this sort of thing. I guess it's just a popular way to teach kids about geography and technology at the same time.

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 6, 2000
          Reply to: RE>>[ujeni] Fwd: school geography lesson
          How can it possibly teach them about geography. They could learn more by
          consulting an encyclopedia, which is a book that we used to use to read
          things....I am not sure many kids know that these days...

          They can learn about email, and the internet I concede that, but
          geography, no...

          --------------------------------------
          Date: 4/6/00 3:26 PM
          To: Custodian
          From: ujeni@egroups.com

          Date: 4/6/00 1:54 PM
          To: Custodian
          From: ujeni@egroups.com
          Hello everyone,

          I thought my Peace Corps acquaintances might provide a nice broad spectrum
          of locations for this class. Thanks,

          Brian

          Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!
          1. Fill in the brief application
          Apply NOW!
          http://click.egroups.com/1/975/3/_/519888/_/955033462/

          [Message ID: -1257087689]
          [Internet header:]
          To: ujeni@egroups.com
          Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 11:01:23 -0400
          From: "Christine Chumbler" <cchumble@...>
          Subject: Re: [ujeni] Fwd: school geography lesson
            Actually, it is called spatial distribution. And technology is a large part
            of Geography right now - GIS, GPS, etc... However, I do think you are right,
            Paul, kids should consult the good 'ole Atlas and Encyclopedia more than
            they do.

            I guess I felt that I should pipe up, since I am getting Master's degree in
            Geography right now. A lovely field, indeed. I will be heading to Ecuador
            this summer to do "geographic," hands on research in the highlands. Perhaps
            I should email the fourth grade class from Ecuador, for diversity's sake....

            Emma Spenner
            M.S. Candidate, Geography
            Western Washington University