      Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 11:45:39 -0700
      From: learned_mike@...
      Subject: Fw: Ted Sneed
      To: d_bink@...

      David:
      I'll call you  also.
      Mike

      --- On Fri, 6/18/10, nancy Laursen <nglaursen@...> wrote:

      From: nancy Laursen <nglaursen@...>
      Subject: Ted Sneed
      To: "lotters" <wslotter@...>, "bravinder" <bravinder@...>, "basom" <cbasom@...>, "duane Laursen" <laursen1@...>, "glass" <gmglass@...>, "wolgin" <jmwolgin@...>, "carla" <cbasom@...>, "parks" <carltonparks@...>, "hornburg" <mariskany@...>, "ellis" <itec@...>, "learned" <learned_mike@...>
      Date: Friday, June 18, 2010, 1:31 PM

      Dear Friends,

      We wanted to share some information with you concerning Ted.  His death still seems unreal to us. His brother said that although Ted appeared to be in great physical health, the coroner confirmed that his arteries were occluded by plaque due to extremely high cholesterol.  Ted had only recently learned that his cholesterol was high and had just started on medication. He was jogging on the beach in San Diego when he had a massive heart attack. He was found unconscious and was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.

      Duane talked with Ted's brother Michael in Virginia.  He has already been to California to retrieve Ted's car and some other personal things.  He also went to Austin to take care of Ted's shop.  Michael said that his brother,Bob, will be planning a memorial celebration for July or August in Virginia. Ted's brother, Richard, lives in Rancho Mirage, and is hoping to plan some sort of memorial here in California later. If you want to send a note or contact Ted's family, here is the info:

      Michael Sneed
      2062 Lake Audubon Ct.
      Reston, VA 20191
      Phone:  (703) 391-6167
      Email:  mbs44@...

      Richard Sneed
      72420 Doheny Dr.
      Rancho Mirage, Ca 92270-4030
      Phone:  (760) 346-6311
      no email

      Michael said that he would appreciate it if we all could let others know about Ted.  They don't have any contact information.  We have spoken with (or emailed) the Lotters, Jerry Wolgin, Carla Basom, Carlton and Leslie Parks, Judy Ellis, Gordon Glass,  Maria Hornburg, and Michael Learned.  Jane has contacted Phyllis Bravinder,  Mike Hill, and Linda Millette.  If you are in contact with anyone else that knew Ted, please let them know -- and then let us know so that we can tell Michael.

      On a less-business-like note, I just want to share how much Ted's friendship has meant to us.  Ted and I student-taught together in Peace Corps training, and then, as you know, he was   our closest friend in Malawi (Mlanda and Ncheu were only 35 miles apart.)  Our hikes up Mt. Mlanda were wonderful times of sharing and singing (did you know he had a beautiful voice?) We have seen each other many times through the years, and most recently ,he stayed with us while helping us build a fence and gate.  He played Team Trivia with us  on Tuesday nights in a local bar (he knew LOTS of stuff!) Afterwards, he came back to our house to watch "Glee" - and usually sang at the piano.  The three of us were really looking forward to meeting a guy from Malawi last Saturday night.  We all practiced the Malawi national anthem to sing for him. Duane and I did go - and had  wonderful conversation - but there was such a hole in my heart.    Ted was an interesting, interested, kind, caring, loving friend. We still find it hard to believe that he is gone. . .

      Pitani bwino,

      Nancy and Duane