5329RE: [ujeni] Zimbabwe

    Feb 14, 2008
      And inflation is over 66,000% per year, which is absolutely unimaginable.

      Interestingly, tho, one of the presidential challengers is someone from within Mugabe's ZANU-PF party (or he was until he declared his candidacy, then they kicked him out).  He (Simba Makoni) probably has the best chance of any of them to unseat Mugabe, but even if he does (and that's a huge if) he hasn't yet given any specifics for what he'll do differently to turn things around.

      To: ujeni@yahoogroups.com
      From: dweber@...
      Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 08:00:26 -0800
      Subject: [ujeni] Zimbabwe

      Zimbabwe.  In the last month, the black market exchange rate has risen from Z$2 million to the $1 to Z$7.5 million  to the $1.   (And to think we only got Z$10 for a $1)

      Mr Mugabe is standing for re-election next month against three confirmed challengers.   (Can't imagine a valid or peaceful election)

      Poor, poor Zimbabwe.  I keep wondering about the McCrackens.
      Cathy