3837May be worth reading

  • Vyrle Owens
    Jul 5 3:43 PM

      Dear all,

      I am not much of a fan of Rush Limbaugh but if this is true (the Social
      Security exemption of members of Congress) he may be onto something
      about how to fix the system. I am also not sure about how much is his
      words and what was added or edited by the forwarders.

      Christine was out to stir some action with the HRH message. What does
      HRH mean? Not much action, life is just too busy.

      More later,

      Vyrle

      Quote from the persons who forwarded this to me: "I wonder how many
      people are aware of this information. Love him or loath him, he nailed
      this one right on the head ..."

      By Rush Limbaugh:

      I think the vast differences in compensation between victims of the
      September 11 casualty and those who die serving the country in Uniform
      are profound. No one is really talking about it either, because you just
      don't criticize anything having to do with September 11.

      Well, I just can't let the numbers pass by because it says something
      really disturbing about the entitlement mentality of this country.

      If you lost a family member in the September 11 attack, you're going to
      get an average of $1,185,000. The range is a minimum guarantee of
      $250,000, all the way up to $4.7 million.

      If you are a surviving family member of an American soldier killed in
      action, the first check you get is a $6,000 direct death benefit, half
      of which is taxable. Next, you get $1,750 for burial costs. If you are
      the surviving spouse, you get $833 a month until you remarry.

      And there's a payment of $211 per month for each child under 18. When
      the child hits 18, those payments come to a screeching halt.

      Keep in mind that some of the people who are getting an average of
      $1.185 million up to $4.7 million are complaining that it's not enough.
      Their deaths were tragic, but for most, they were simply in the wrong
      place at the wrong time. Soldiers put themselves in harms way FOR ALL OF
      US, and they and their families know the dangers.

      We also learned over the weekend that some of the victims from the
      Oklahoma City bombing have started an organization asking for the same
      deal that the September 11 families are getting. In addition to that,
      some of the families of those bombed in the embassies are now asking for
      compensation as well.

      You see where this is going, don't you? Folks, this is part and parcel
      of over 50 years of entitlement politics in this country. It's just
      really sad.

      Every time a pay raise comes up for the military, they usually receive
      next to nothing of a raise. Now the green machine is in combat in the
      Middle East while their families have to survive on food stamps and live
      in low-rent housing. Make sense?

      However, our own U.S. Congress just voted themselves a raise, and many
      of you don't know that they only have to be in Congress one time to
      receive a pension that is more than $15,000 per month, and most are now
      equal to being millionaires plus. They also do not receive Social
      Security on retirement because they didn't have to pay into the system.

      If some of the military people stay in for 20 years and get out as an
      E-7, you may receive a pension of $1,000 per month, and the very people
      who placed you in harm's way receive a pension of $15,000 per month. I
      would like to see our elected officials pick up a weapon and join ranks
      before they start cutting out benefits and lowering pay for our sons and
      daughters who are now fighting.

      "When do we finally do something about this?" If this doesn't seem fair
      to you, it is time to forward this to as many people as you can.

      If your interested there is more............

      This must be a campaign issue in 2004. Keep it going. SOCIAL SECURITY:

      (This is worth the read. It's short and to the point.)

      Perhaps we are asking the wrong questions during election years. Our
      Senators and Congressmen do not pay into Social Security. Many years ago
      they voted in their own benefit plan. In more recent years, no
      congressperson has felt the need to change it. For all practical
      purposes their plan works like this:

      When they retire, they continue to draw the same pay until they die,
      except it may increase from time-to-time for cost of living adjustments.
      For example, former Senator Byrd and Congressman White and their wives
      may expect to draw $7,800,000 - that's Seven Million, Eight Hundred
      Thousand), with their wives drawing $275,000.00 during the last years of
      their lives.

      This is calculated on an average life span for each.

      Their cost for this excellent plan is $00.00. These little perks they
      voted for themselves is free to them. You and I pick up the tab for this
      plan. The funds for this fine retirement plan come directly from the
      General Fund--our tax dollars at work! From our own Social Security
      Plan, which you and I pay (or have paid) into --every payday until we
      retire (which amount is matched by our employer) --we can expect to get
      an average $1,000 per month after retirement. Or, in other words, we
      would have to collect our average of $1,000 monthly benefits for 68
      years and one month to equal Senator Bill Bradley's benefits!

      Social Security could be very good if only one small change were made.
      And that change would be to jerk the Golden Fleece Retirement Plan from
      under the Senators and Congressmen. Put them into the Social Security
      plan with the rest of us and then watch how fast they would fix it.

      If enough people receive this, maybe a seed of awareness will be planted
      and maybe good changes will evolve. WE, each one of us... can make a
      difference..

      How many people can YOU send this to?

      IN GOD I TRUST.
      Evil prevails when good men do nothing.
      GOD SAID IT, I BELIEVE IT, AND THAT DOES IT.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic