3709RE: [ujeni] Food for thought

  • Ken Shockley
    Mar 26, 2003
      RE: [ujeni] Food for thought
      Mark, I agree with you wholeheartedly.  And I commend you on your restraint.  Let me add, though, that this sort of contrast,

      (1) Between President Bush and Saddam Hussein ... Hussein is the bad
      guy.

      straightforwardly, and perhaps intentionally, misses the point.  No one doubts that Hussein is a bad guy, not even Michael Moore (what WAS he thinking?).  However, Hussein's badness does not of itself vindicate actions against him, his regime, the (formerly) sovereign state of Iraq, or the people of Iraq.

      Ken

      (10) Whether you are for or against military action, our young men
      and women overseas are fighting to defend our right to speak out on
      these issues. They deserve our unreserved support. I hope this helps.

      Lord, how I loathe this argument.  "Listen you lefty pinko punk, we're out here busting hump to preserve your right to speak your mind, and here you are actually trying to *DO* that!  What the hell is wrong with you?"

      Mark