3401Re: [ujeni] Re: Help! Suggestions for to-be trainee?

  • David Binkowski
    Sep 14, 2002

      It sounds like you have received plenty of great ideas about what to bring on your trip.  You're so lucky to be doing your training in Dedza.  Perhaps my opinion is biased, but I think I had the best post in the country.  I was a volunteer in Dedza for three years teaching math at Mchisu MCDE.  Unfortunately, all the teachers I worked with there have since moved on (I've even heard that one is in jail!).  If you get placed there, you won't be disappointed.

      You must hike the mountain (a relatively short hike) and then treat yourself to a slice of cheescake at the Pottery shop.  Good luck, enjoy your adventure, and keep us posted!!!

      David Binkowski (94-97)