1126news of note

  • Kenneth E. Shockley
    Mar 15, 2000
      I received word today that I've been offered a Fulbright Grant to
      Australia. I should be there between Feb and Oct 2001. If you're in the
      neighborhood stop by. If you're not, start saving and stop by anyway.
      WOOO-HOOO!!!

      _________________________
      Kenneth Shockley
      Department of Philosophy
      Campus Box 1073
      Washington University
      St. Louis, MO 63130

      "Simple reciprocity is less controversial than it should be- whether as a
      standard of fairness or even as an appropriate operationalization of the
      Golden Rule.... An eye for an eye is hardly fair when one relies far
      more heavily on eyesight in his work than the other. A beer for a beer is
      hardly fair when the person who bought the first round is far richer than
      the one obliged by that rule to buy the next"
      - Robert Goodin, _Protecting the Vulnerable_
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic