FWD: (IUFO) UFO-botsing boven Israel bevestigd

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 1999
      Hallo allemaal,

      Zo'n eerste bijdrage aan deze glimmend nieuwe mailing list moet
      natuurlijk wel een goeie zijn. Via via afkomstig van IUFO.

      Groet,
      Frits

      --[snipped]-----

      ISRAELI MID-AIR UFO EXPLOSION ANALYZED- IT'S THE REAL THING
      by Barry Chamish

      Last month I reported that I had acquired a video copy of a mid-air UFO
      explosion over the Israeli city of Rosh Haayin. I wrote that my impression
      was the video captured a profoundly important moment: the first mid-air UFO
      collision ever recorded. I requested that experts analyze the film
      scientifically.
      Within a day, Dwight Connelly of MUFON committed himself to having the
      video analyzed. The video is a compilation of two UFO events recorded by
      Spasso Maximovitch in 1995 and 1996. I sent Dwight both clips and he passed
      them on to MUFON's video expert Jeff Sanio for computer analysis. The
      following is his report.
      I will not comment on his conclusions. Jeff has no need of my analysis of
      his analysis. Let's just sum matters up like this: It's The Real Thing.
      Added to Israel's list of UFO firsts, is the first mid-air explosion between
      two unexplained aerial craft ever captured on videotape or any other media.
      Several film and TV producers asked me to release the clip for their
      programs but I had to turn them down. I am prevented by a copyright problem
      from reproducing the film, though I am permitted to display my copy. I am
      seeking a conference to premiere this remarkable event. In the meantime, I
      will publish MUFON's full report on
      http://members.tripod.com/~ufoisrael.

      TEXT OF THE MUFON REPORT:

      Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 23:39:44 -0800
      From: Jeff Sainio <jsainio@...>
      To: chamish@...
      Subject: my report

      I left out the stills from the video, as you've already seen them.
      The paper copy has already been sent.

      Dwight Connelly
      14026 Ridgelawn
      Martinsville IL
      62442
      1-16-99
      217-382-4502,4014
      Videoanalysis
      6/24/96
      Rosh Haayin, central Israel
      Spasso Maximovitch

      Events as reported to me from Barry Chamish (chamish@...):
      `On 28/9/95, Spasso Maximovitch noticed an unexplainable object in the
      skies over Rosh Haayin in central Israel. He grabbed his video camera
      and captured a silvery, glowing object become, two, three and then four
      fiery orbs, in a near square formation, over a wide expanse of the
      northwestern sky. After this incident, Mr. Maximovitch became a constant
      skywatcher. His dilgence was rewarded on 24/6/96 when a similar silvery
      orb appeared in the lower western sky. He trained his video camera on
      the orb... And then a glowing white oval-shaped object appeared some
      20 degrees west of the object and streaked toward it at high speed.
      Within three seconds it struck the stationary orb, causing a huge
      explosion in the sky which must have destroyed both objects. Stunned,
      Maximovitch stopped filming immediately after capturing the explosion.`

      The submitted video, which was in PAL format, was converted to NTSC
      format. It shows several events; a group of lights, one apparently
      dropped from another (the dropping is seen in the stills marked
      28/9/1995 and 3:27:33); a stationary light which is apparently struck by
      a moving light, and a triangle of lights. The group of lights is
      interesting, but I could find no basis for investigating any form of
      anomalousness. The triangle of lights has no reference objects to
      indicate what or where it is.

      The stationary light was much more interesting. Various lights,
      probably streetlights, in the video were used as reference objects, and
      showed that the light was stationary over some 30 seconds. An
      approaching airplane's landing lights will appear stationary, although
      motionlessness over this length of time seems unusual.

      A vertical tower structure, apparently made of girders, is near the
      light. Some horizontal structure is atop the structure. It was not
      sufficiently defined for continuous measurements to be made from it.

      Another bright object appears to the left and slightly below the
      stationary object. In 2.9 seconds, it moves toward the stationary
      object, apparently hitting and exploding. In 1/4 second, the explosion
      disappears with no trace of either object. The 5-frame sequence to the
      right illustrates the sequence.

      The bright object can be seen to move between the girders of the
      vertical structure. This is useful in determining the relative size of
      the moving light. (The size of the light as seen on the video, is
      misleading; it is presumably much smaller than what is seen, due to
      extreme overexposure and glare.) The light disappears or reappears
      completely 6 times; in 3, the change is abrupt; completely
      bright-to-dark or vice versa. In the other 3, the change is gradual,
      with a frame showing partial brightness. What can be learned from
      this? One must remember that the video is a sequence of 1/50 second
      time exposures. Assume the light is small, and that the moving object
      has only one light. If by chance, the disappearance coincides with the
      period between exposures, an abrupt disappearance will be seen. A large
      light, or several lights horizontally separated, will never disappear
      abruptly while moving slowly. Since 6 occurrences form a useful
      population of samples, the moving light can reliably be said to be quite
      small. This probably eliminates the flame from a missile as a source.

      Although the vertical structure was not a reliable reference object, the
      two lights' relative position could be measured. Over 500 measurements
      of the two lights' position were made. The graph at right shows the
      distance between the 2 lights. Breaks in the data line are due to
      unreliable data from camera motion or the moving light going behind the
      girders. Reference straight lines show constant speed. The slopes of
      the lines show that the moving light spent about a second at some speed,
      then sped up about 16% before the collision. The 16% is not due to a
      zoom change; the tower is sufficiently visible to verify that its size
      does not appreciably change. Although the graph shows noise and missing
      data, the acceleration certainly occurred in under a second. No
      reasonable object I know of is capable of a 16% acceleration in a
      second.

      When the 2 objects apparently collide and explode, the apparent size of
      the light expands by a factor of roughly 2.5; this does not appear to be
      due to overexposure, but is the real size of the object. The last 2
      frames of the video are NOT overexposed, but diffuse; since overexposure
      is not involved, this indicates the actual size of the explosion is
      shown. The real increase in size of the bright area is certainly much
      larger than 2.5. In the video the explosion moves downward; this is
      probably due to camera motion of the startled videographer; the
      reference tower is too smeared to verify this conclusion.

      The explosion is not due to any conventional method I am familiar with;
      conventional, large explosions require much more than 1/4 second to
      disappear, and usually generate flaming debris that falls from the
      explosion. Neither characteristic is seen here.

      The acceleration, light size, and explosion are not explainable in any
      convention way that I know of, and this case remains unidentified.

      Jeff Sainio
      MUFON Staff Photoanalyst
      7206 W. Wabash
      Milwaukee WI 53223-2609