Carpet circles

  • visions
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2001
      I'm doing some research into 'carpet circles'
      Don't laugh but many will remember circle researcher John Sayer's experience
      when he awoke one day - I think with his girlfriend - and they found crop
      circle type indentations in the house carpets!
      They couldn't fathom how they'd been caused and experimented with the legs
      of furniture etc to no avail,
      Then I came across this reference on a sceptics website:

      "The Dean of UFO skeptics, Philip J. Klass, reports in his Skeptics UFO
      Newsletter that Joe Barron, MUFON's (Mutual UFO Network) chief investigator
      for the UFO "hot zones" of Gulf Breeze, and Pensacola, Florida, allegedly
      has discovered a new UFO landing strip: the carpet inside his house. Barron
      reports discovering two mysterious 7-inch-diameter indentations in his
      carpet (Is this the first report of carpet circles?) after having heard a
      very loud noise. Three more identical rings were found in another room.
      Barron concluded that "as a result of the loud noise, and finding the rings,
      contact was established with me by some entity which, at this moment, is a
      mystery to me."
      http://www.csicop.org/si/9511/psychic-vibrations.html "

      If anybody's heard of similar experience to this could they drop me an
      email?
      Meanwhile for a smile click on this :
      http://www.legendsmagazine.net/pan/pictures/carpcirc.htm

      Cheers
      Dave Haith

      E-mail address: visions@...

      'If you keep a green bough in your heart the singing bird will come'
      'You must be the change you wish to see in the world' Gandhi
    • Roger Anderton
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2001
        Dave

        Animals walk around in a circle. So, you need to be able to say these people
        don't have pets.

        In answer to question of "Why do dogs walk about in circles before lying
        down?"

        Ian Fleck says in Daily Mail Sept. 1, 2001 p 52:

        "Like many stereotypical behaviour patterns in animals, the best way of
        understanding them is to imagine dogs in the wild. A wild dog will often
        sleep in the open, and a good way to flatten vegetation to make a
        comfortable bed is to tramp around in a circle.

        It's also possible that dogs, being social, sleep together and circling is a
        way of marking out territory and making more room."

        Once you eliminate the mundane possibilities, it would be interesting if
        this crop circle phenomenon was working in a more easily tested environment.

        Good luck
        Roger

        > I'm doing some research into 'carpet circles'
        > Don't laugh but many will remember circle researcher John Sayer's
        experience
        > when he awoke one day - I think with his girlfriend - and they found crop
        > circle type indentations in the house carpets!
        > They couldn't fathom how they'd been caused and experimented with the legs
        > of furniture etc to no avail,
        > Then I came across this reference on a sceptics website:
        >
        > "The Dean of UFO skeptics, Philip J. Klass, reports in his Skeptics UFO
        > Newsletter that Joe Barron, MUFON's (Mutual UFO Network) chief
        investigator
        > for the UFO "hot zones" of Gulf Breeze, and Pensacola, Florida, allegedly
        > has discovered a new UFO landing strip: the carpet inside his house.
        Barron
        > reports discovering two mysterious 7-inch-diameter indentations in his
        > carpet (Is this the first report of carpet circles?) after having heard a
        > very loud noise. Three more identical rings were found in another room.
        > Barron concluded that "as a result of the loud noise, and finding the
        rings,
        > contact was established with me by some entity which, at this moment, is a
        > mystery to me."
        > http://www.csicop.org/si/9511/psychic-vibrations.html "
        >
        > If anybody's heard of similar experience to this could they drop me an
        > email?
        > Meanwhile for a smile click on this :
        > http://www.legendsmagazine.net/pan/pictures/carpcirc.htm
        >
        > Cheers
        > Dave Haith

      • visions
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2001
          Hi Roger
          As far as John Sayer is concerned I remember his circles were way too small
          for a dog - about three to six inches across I think.
          Maybe a guinea pig did it or a dozen cokroaches with planks and rope?

        • TimeStar
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 2001

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/