FWD: [UFOR] Moon anomaly reported to NUFORC

    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 1999
      From: Francisco Lopez <d005734c@...>

      From: slk <slk@...>
      Via: CURRENT-ENCOUNTERS@...

      At 09:40 AM 5/2/99 -0700, Peter Davenport wrote:

      (THE FOLLOWING ARE QUOTES)

      I thought you might like to correspond with Mr. Perez about the sighting
      he had of something against the disk of the moon. I do not know
      whether it was in our atmosphere, or not, but since it had a "tail,"
      that would be my preliminary presumption.

      The moon-related messages are copied below.

      Regards,

      Peter

      Peter B. Davenport, Director National UFO Reporting Center PO Box 45623
      University Station Seattle, WA 98145 director@...
      http://www.UFOcenter.com Hotline: 206-722-3000 (From 8AM to Midnight
      Pacific preferred)

      (BEGIN COPIED MESSAGE #1) Subject: Re: Shadow Line across the moon? Date:
      Fri, 30 Apr 1999 15:36:22 -0700 To: t3arMageddon@...

      Daniel Perez wrote:

      At about 8:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time in Michigan Center, Michigan I
      saw something weird involved with the moon. There was this long narrow
      shadow stretching across the bottom part of the moon. A friend of mine
      who was with me at the time first noticed the line and said "What the
      hell?", then I looked up and saw the same line. My friend moved his
      head up and down to make sure there weren't any electric lines or tree
      branches possibly making this line and there wasn't. I did the same
      thing as my friend and got the same result.

      I also looked around to see if there were any jet contrails in the
      vicinity of the moon and there were none. This was an unobstructed
      view of the moon. I looked up and saw the same line and then it
      dissappeared about five seconds later.

      I'm thinking there might have been a stream of asteroids that might
      have passed between the Earth and the Moon and they breifly blocked
      the reflected moon light, but whatever it was would have to be pretty
      big to make a shadow of that magnitude. I also noticed the shadow line
      was in the vicinity of 19.5 to 33 degrees South Latitude on the moon.
      I don't know the exact latitude but it looked to be in that
      neighborhood.

      Has the reporting center recieved any other reports? Has any other
      MUFON groups recieved similar reports?

      Yours truly,

      Daniel Perez

      (QUOTE)

      Dear Mr. Perez,

      Thank you very much for sharing the information with our Center!

      May I pass your report along to a gentleman who monitors the moon??
      His name is Francis Ridge, from Mt. Vernon, IN, and he runs The
      Lunascan Project. He is very interested in serious-minded reports
      like yours.

      Thank you again!

      Peter B. Davenport, Director
      National UFO Reporting Center
      PO Box 45623
      University Station
      Seattle, WA 98145
      director@...
      http://www.UFOcenter.com
      Hotline: 206-722-3000 (From 8AM to Midnight Pacific preferred)

      (BEGIN COPIED MESSAGE #2)

      Subject: Shadow Line across the moon? Date: Sat, 01 May 1999 01:51:52
      -0400 From: "Daniel Perez" <t3armageddon@...> To:
      director@...

      Thank you very much for sharing the information with our Center!

      May I pass your report along to a gentleman who monitors the moon??

      Sure go ahead.

      His name is Francis Ridge, from Mt. Vernon, IN, and he runs the
      LUNASCAN

      Project. He is very interested in serious-minded reports like yours.

      I'm still trying to figure out what it was. It could be something as
      simple as an asteroid being in the right place and right time to make
      a long narrow shadow that spanned the width of the moon or something
      extremely weird. The fact that two people saw it at the same time (my
      friend and myself) proves that we weren't seeing things. The exact
      time and date we saw this event was 8:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time on
      April 29th, 1999 and we saw it here in Michigan.

      Yours truly,

      Daniel Perez

      (BEGIN MESSAGE #3)

      Subject: Shadow Line across the moon
      Date: Sun, 02 May 1999 09:18:48 -0700
      From: "Peter B. Davenport" <ufocntr@...>
      To: Daniel Perez <t3armageddon@...>

      Daniel Perez wrote:

      Are there any people that run "Moon cams" that archive live video or
      pictures of the moon? That's one possible way to see if this event
      was recorded and to add more than just eyewitness observations as
      proof that the event took place. I'll do some looking around on the
      net to see if I can find anything.

      Yours truly,

      Daniel Perez

      That is what Francis Ridge does. He photographs the moon, using a
      telescope and video camera. It is a very high quality operation, and
      is sponsored by NASA.

      By the way, contrary to your suggestion in your last message that the
      line across the moon you witnessed might have been caused by an
      asteroid, asteroids do not leave visible "trails" behind them in
      space. That takes place only when they hit an atmosphere, and begin
      to burn or shed material.

      I will send your message to Francis Ridge this morning.

      Regards,

      Peter B. Davenport, Director
      National UFO Reporting Center
      PO Box 45623
      University Station
      Seattle, WA 98145
      director@...
      http://www.UFOcenter.com
      Hotline: 206-722-3000 (From 8AM to Midnight Pacific preferred)

      (END MESSAGE #3)

      ------------------

      Daniel, Peter, List,

      Thanks for the information. We've not been doing any scanning
      recently, for several reasons. Weather has been a big factor, but we
      just moved the Control Facility upstairs and haven't run all our
      cables as yet. We have done some work on the scopes, readying them for
      an upcoming session. Also, the STU (Scope Transport Unit) is being
      modified so we can pull into position much quicker and for longer
      periods.

      BTW, TLP is not being sponsored by NASA. Our work (along with ALPO) is
      in cooperation with Dr. Alan Binder's LUNAR PROSPECTOR MISSION, which
      is in an extended mission mode at the present time. Anomlies are
      catalogued and reported to Lockheed Martin via ALPO's David O. Darling
      and the area of the LTP is targeted by the spacecraft during an
      appropriate orbital pass.

      As for the object you reported, Daniel, I'm not sure what you
      observed, but it falls more into the UFO/IFO category than LTP, since
      Lunar Transient Phenomena deals more with medium and high res
      telescopic objects. If, indeed, the phenomenon was actually occurring
      on or near the Moon, it would have been a major event.In the meantime
      we will take comments and do some checking.

      Sincerely,

      Francis L. Ridge
      Coordinator,
      The Lunascan Project

      Support AND USE the research web sites by sending $1 a month to:
      Sites
      618 Davis Drive
      Mt. Vernon, IN 47620
      Main InterLink Site Directory: