Fwd = [UFOinfo] Discovery Channel searching abductees

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4 3:39 AM
      Originally from: ufoinfo@yahoogroups.com
      Original Subject: [UFOinfo] Digest Number 440
      Original Date: 4 Aug 2001 08:09:50 -0000

      Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 19:16:37 -0000
      From: jaychacha2001@...
      Subject: Discovery Channel

      We are seeking participants for a quality documentary we are
      producing for The Discovery Channel/US about alien abduction. We will
      be examining the cultural and historical aspects of this phenomenon.
      Looking at the consistent descriptions of this experience across time
      and cultures, we will explore the connection between sleep paralysis
      and supernatural nocturnal assaults and paranormal experiences
      including incubus/succubus assaults, spirit possessions, old hag
      attacks, ghostly visitations, out of body experiences and alien
      abductions. We will also conduct interviews with doctors and experts
      in the fields of alien abduction, sleep study, folklore, and
      psychology. Recognizing the terror and isolation that some people
      experience due to alien abduction and sleep paralysis, we hope to
      create greater understanding of and awareness about each phenomenon,
      while presenting an open forum for everybody's beliefs. If you are
      willing to share your alien abduction and sleep paralysis experiences
      and perhaps be interviewed on camera, please email Jason Ciaccia at
      jciaccia@....

      Cheryl Houser and Craig Coffman are producing this one hour documentary.
      Cheryl was one of the producers of CHILDREN OF DARKNESS, a PBS documentary
      about children with mental illness that was nominated for an Academy
      Award. She produced David O. Russell's (director of THE THREE KINGS and
      FLIRTING WITH DISASTER) debut feature film SPANKING THE MONKEY and worked
      with Robert Bolt (author of DOCTOR ZHIVAGO, LAWRENCE OF ARABIA and MAN
      FOR ALL SEASONS) on the script for THE MISSION. She has also been the
      supervising producer on over 60 hours of documentaries for The Discovery
      Channel, the Learning Channel, The History Channel, Lifetime and other
      major US cable stations.

      Craig has produced and directed high quality historical, wildlife and
      current events documentaries for outlets ranging from The Learning
      Channel, The History Channel, USA Network, CBS-Network, Showtime,
      Lifetime, National Geographic, Nickelodeon and Children's Television
      Workshop. He has also created and produced an original comedy series for
      Comedy Central and an original music series for VH-1. Craig's programs
      have garnered many awards including a Cine Golden Eagle and the Women in
      Radio and Television's top award.

      Cheryl and Craig are making this program with Atlas Media Corp,
      producers of hundreds of hours of award-winning documentary programming
      for stations in the US and around the world. Some of Atlas' series
      include HISTORY'S LOST AND FOUND for the History Channel, EXTREME CUISINE
      for the Food Network, RITUALS OF THE WORLD for the Learning Channel,
      MYSTERIOUS PLACES and EXOTIC ISLANDS for The Travel Channel and AUDON'S
      ANIMALS

    • ajb60@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 5 6:04 AM
        This sounds good as long as we don't have to listen to the likes of Terry
        Matheson tell everyone that the phenomena is not real. Enough of the tired
        old debunking efforts. SOMETHING is going on here, maybe not in all of the
        cases, but there is something going on. I don't want to see Matheson,
        Nickell, or even Seth Shostak of SETI again telling us that UFO's don't
        exist. I am sick of the same old tired debunking specials from networks who
        do not do research and simply accept the debunking explanations as gospel. It
        reminds me of how mainstream press simply accepted the ludicrous statements
        of people like Edward Condon and Donald Menzel without actually looking into
        it. I sincerely hope that this special does a very important subject justice.