Filer's Files #17

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 1999
      Filer's Files #17 --1999, MUFON Skywatch Investigations
      George A. Filer, Mutual UFO Network Eastern Director,
      April 30, 1999, Majorstar@... (609) 654-0020

      DO ALIEN POWERS EXIST?

      In 1950, President Harry S. Truman stated, "I can assure you that
      flying saucers, given that they exist, are not constructed by any
      POWER on earth." White House Press Conference on April 4, 1950.

      In 1959, Dr. Wernher von Braun, a great space pioneer, made an
      intriguing statement, reported in Germany. Referring to the
      deflection from orbit of the US Juno 2 rocket, he stated: "We find
      ourselves faced by POWER far stronger than we had hitherto assumed,
      and whose base is at present unknown to us. More I cannot say at
      present. We are now engaged in entering into closer contact with
      those POWERS, and in six or nine months' time it may be possible to
      speak with more precision on the matter." Thanks to Neues Europa
      1/1/79, and "Above Top Secret" by Timothy Good.

      In the year 62, Paul wrote: "For our fight is not against flesh and
      blood, but against the rulers, against the POWERS, against the world
      forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in
      the heavenly places. Ephesians 6-10. Editor's Note: Perhaps its just
      a coincidence that persons with apparent inside knowledge should use
      POWERS to describe these visitors. It is my belief that the answer to
      the riddle of the UFOs is found in the statements made by various
      worldwide leaders and in ancient religious writings. They generally
      point to visitation of the Earth by POWERS rather than simply
      visitors. POWERS infer a fairly large force with an ability to
      operate with national might with both spiritual and political
      strength. My personal feeling is these POWERS effect mankind to a
      much greater extent than most of us realize.

      JAY LENO stated on his late night television show on April 26, 1999,
      regarding the alien visitors. "Only buy products made on Earth. Look
      for the Earthling label before you buy."

      PENNSYLVANIA PIZZA SLICE SHAPED UFO

      WEST MIFFLIN -- Stan Gordon reports two UFO sightings over the suburbs
      of Pittsburgh, during the past week. On April 21, 1999, the occupants
      of a car saw an object that looked like an 1/8 slice of pizza at 9:15
      PM. The crust end of the pizza was flying forward and was covered
      with numerous white non-blinking lights. Witnesses could only see the
      silhouette of the craft against the sky. The observers live near the
      flight path of an airport, and are familiar with seeing various types
      of aircraft. The nearly triangular shaped object was seen at the same
      time as a commercial airliner aircraft was observed moving towards
      Pittsburgh. According to one of the viewers, the triangle was above
      the airplane, and stopped as the aircraft continued. Suddenly the UFO
      caught up and began to pace the aircraft. The triangle shaped object
      was in a diagonal position with the plane when a bright beam of white
      light was emitted towards the commercial aircraft. The beam at first
      was narrow, but expanded until it completely illuminated the aircraft.
      Then the beam of light vanished.

      SOUTH PARK - Several nights later on April 25, 1999, a witness who is
      a professional and works in a scientific field saw a UFO. He had
      recently started a photography course and was out on a photographic
      class project, shooting some landscape shots when the sighting
      occurred. He observed a V formation of six or seven lights moving
      east above the moon. The lights were an orangish-pinkish-white color,
      very luminous and non-blinking. They were slow moving lights and
      sighting was observed from 7:25 to 7:35 P.M. The witness took several
      photographs of the light formation, and is awaiting development of the
      film. Thanks to Stan Gordon PA UFO Hotline 724-838-7768 Website:
      www.westol.com/~paufo. Editor's Note: The triangular pizza shape UFO
      was often reported over the Hudson Valley in the 1980s.

      FLORIDA

      The witness was "deadheading" on a flight from Atlanta to Orlando
      without passengers. She and the other "sky goddesses" were hanging
      out in the back when the Captain called them all forward. The Captain
      wanted them to see what he and the copilot were looking at. She
      describes it as a big cigar shaped craft, just off the wing,
      approximately the length of the plane or slightly bigger. It stayed
      there for 20 minutes or so. It was the most interesting and
      terrifying thing she had ever seen. The Captain called it in
      (probably not a smart move) and had a conversation with the tower.
      This, I guess, had to be done because of regulations, etc. Eventually
      the craft flew off without a discernible exhaust. On landing, they
      were met by "official" guys in black suits and taken to a room and
      ordered NEVER to discuss what they had seen. She took this as a
      physical threat. Thanks to CAUS and Zog (zoggy@...)

      WASHINGTON:

      KENNEWICK - The night skies across Eastern Washington were lit up
      April 21, 1999, by a giant fireball. The flaming orange object was
      seen from Prosser to the Spokane area and was likely part of the Lyrid
      meteor shower that climaxed Wednesday, said Peter Davenport, director
      of the National UFO Reporting Center in Seattle. Even the Missoula
      emergency dispatch line was flooded with calls, Davenport said. Many
      eyewitnesses said it was bigger than they imagined possible. Based on
      two reports out of Spokane, Davenport said the meteor appeared "larger
      than the disk of a full moon" and had "some kind of peculiar green
      tail behind it." Thanks to Peter Davenport. Editors Note: There have
      been a series of strange reports regarding meteor showers and
      Fastwalkers that seem to penetrate our atmosphere. You should be
      aware that meteorites are more precious than gold. If you can find
      one it can be sold for thousands of dollars. If you get a real UFO
      we're offering a million.

      NEVADA

      LAS VEGAS -- On March 21, 1999, at 7:15 PM, a policeman reports, "I
      observed five oblong shaped objects, reddish orange in color, flying
      in a loose formation, side by side." These objects were traveling
      from south to north over the western side of the City of Las Vegas,
      where I reside. As these objects flew north, I called my wife, who
      came outside and also observed the objects. At this time, the objects
      broke formation and began flying amongst themselves at incredible
      speeds. They continued doing this for a short time and then regained
      an online formation and continued north. After they had passed over
      our home, they suddenly again broke formation and two of the objects
      veered off in a northwest direction and three began flying in a
      northeast direction. They were still visible to us when they again
      veered back into an online formation and then disappeared out of view,
      still in a northerly direction. The whole episode lasted about 5 to
      10 seconds. The altitude was estimated to be about 40,000 plus feet.
      There was no sound detected. I am a recently retired Police Sergeant,
      from California, and have moved to the Las Vegas area. I spent 30
      years with my Department and really never believed in UFO's. After
      seeing these objects and the way they were able to maneuver, I know we
      have nothing capable of such speeds.

      An E-mail from Anchorage, Alaska states, "In the early to mid 70's I
      lived in Las Vegas, NV. I was trick-or-treating with my son on
      Halloween night 1974, when we not only saw a UFO, but were engulfed in
      it's light." Everyone else in the neighborhood was also hit by the
      light. I know some time was lost, but don't know how much. When we
      recovered, our trick-or-treating was over. Neither of us remember
      anything after the light engulfed us until it was over. But we do
      remember that we acknowledged to each other what was happening. I
      remember checking in the paper the next day and there was a paragraph
      or two many pages into the paper saying there had been UFO reports,
      but it was explained as something promotional. We saw the UFO so
      close (it was right at the tree tops -- which are not very tall in Las
      Vegas) and there was no mistaking what it was. I have always believed
      in UFO's and had no fear of this experience afterwards. My son,
      however, who was in 3rd or 4th grade at the time and is now 32 years
      old and still has nightmares about it. Thanks to Alaska.

      DENMARK

      Pilots in four commercial airliners saw a red object moving rapidly
      over Danish aerospace on February 3, 1999. According to the Daily
      Mail in England, the pilots saw a fast moving object that suddenly
      stopped before departing at 5:30 PM. It was also seen on radar. Clas
      Svahn of UFO-Sweden is investigating the case. He has contacted the
      Scandinavian Airlines System (SAS), two of the aircraft were from SAS,
      Debonair Airlines whose pilot filed the report, Danish Civil Aviation
      Authority and flight security department - Swedish military radar
      experts - Swedish astronomer who is an expert on Bolides and meteors.
      The Civil Aviation Authority faxed to Clas Svahn the following
      information: "Unidentified bright light below BAe146 at FL280 [28.000
      feet, 8.400 meters]. Area below aircraft was illuminated for 10
      seconds by incandescent light which was not considered to be an
      aircraft landing light. Three other aircraft reported seeing object
      moving at high speed or static. ATC at Kastrup, Copenhagen was
      informed, but they reported no other aircraft in the vicinity. Five
      minutes later a radar return was present at 75 miles on the aircraft's
      weather radar. The atmosphere was reported as stable and no other
      aircraft were in vicinity." It is clear that the report has been
      exaggerated in English and Swedish media. The object was not, as
      stated in Daily Mirror as large as a battleship. It was no object at
      all, but a light shining on the sea below the aircraft. Professor
      Bertil Lindblad, an authority on Bolides, confirms that they do leave
      behind a trail of ionized gas that reflects on radar. The ten-second
      observation tends to confirm that the object was most likely a bolide,
      but research continues. Thanks to Clas Svahn of UFO Sweden

      EASTERN AUSTRALIA

      GRAFTON -- Barry Taylor reports that on: "March 24, 1999, at 7:30 PM,
      an orange UFO approached heading towards northwest. This type of
      orange UFO was the same that I, and many other residents had witnessed
      between June and October last year." First seen at around 2,000 feet,
      the object quickly climbed to pass overhead and through the 3,500 feet
      cloud base and out of sight. On March 30th, at 6:20 PM another orange
      UFO's flew directly over Grafton towards the south dropping 'sparks'
      from its underside before fading out. Two witnesses saw a small
      black, square shaped object continue moving on the same flight path
      and altitude as when illuminated. This article and image was
      published on the front page of the "Daily Examiner" Newspaper on April
      Fools' Day. My phone began ringing at 7:.30 AM concerning the UFOs.
      There were 13 calls reporting Orange UFO's over town. Around 9:15 PM,
      I received an anonymous call claiming that there were people setting
      off illuminated garbage bags. I drove to an area that gives an
      unobstructed view over Grafton. I saw two persons launch a bright
      orange fiery illuminated device that quickly rose into the air. They
      then jumped into a car and sped off. I video taped this orange sphere
      that was 3 feet in diameter rose to about 60 feet. Viewed on infrared
      night vision, I could see heat rising around the sides and over the
      top of the object. Unlike the real UFO's where the corona on I. R.
      is even all the way around with 'spikes' top and bottom. The object
      drifted about 500 feet down wind than began to fall with 'falling
      leaf' motion. I must admit, it was very impressive. It had a special
      explosive burnt chemical smell. The launch of this object was
      irresponsible and could have started a fire. Later, I saw another
      orange UFO heading in my direction. I went outside and stood in the
      front yard of the house and filmed this orange object. It was not one
      of the man made hoaxes, it was a real UFO. It hovered for 1.5 minutes
      at 1,500 feet. In 1996, persons from US operations at Pine Gap
      Australia, were caught while launching man made inflatable fiery
      devices at the time of orange UFO reports around Alice Springs. So
      are the same forces at work in Grafton today? Thanks to Barry Taylor.
      stingray@... Editor's Note: Why was someone trying to cover UFO
      operations with fake devices?

      AUSTRALIA: Two professional scientists and their kids wrote on April
      24, 1999. Last night my family and I watched two comet like objects
      in the western sky just after sunset, close to the horizon. Both
      followed a normal rotation of the Earth in their paths through the sky
      near the ecliptic, and remained of constant size and shape on viewing
      by telescope or binoculars for an hour. Hence these strange objects
      must be large and far away. The first was bright and fiery like a
      comet, with a compact head and long two-pronged tail; while the second
      was dark and elongated as for a doubly sharpened pencil. The second
      followed the first by 15 minutes through the sky on roughly the same
      path. Both could be seen by the naked eye, but only from a high
      viewing position. We were prepared to photograph these objects
      tonight, but the horizon was cloudy. Two weeks ago, a local observer
      noted a similar dark pencil-shaped object close to the horizon, just
      after sunrise. Whether natural or artificial, the objects must be
      quite large say 1-10 km. Thanks to: collie2@... (Rocket the
      border collie)

      ASTRONOMERS AND SCIENTISTS HAVE SEEN UFOs

      Brian Zeiler reports more astronomers than generally realized have
      seen UFOs. The list is compiled in a 1964 compilation of data from
      NICAP, a civilian UFO group with mostly Ph.D.s on the board of
      directors. Very scientific, pragmatic, academic group. On July 10,
      1947, a top astronomer saw an elliptical object which hovered,
      wobbled, ascended suddenly. August of 1949, Clyde W. Tombaugh,
      astronomer saw a circular pattern of rectangular lights, keeping fixed
      interval. Summer 1948, Carl Mitchell, physicist saw three luminescent
      greenish discs one-second apart, pass across sky from N to S. On
      March 20, 1950, Seymour L. Hess, meteorology and astronomy saw a disc
      or sphere in apparent "powered" flight. On August 3, 1951, Walter
      Webb, an astronomer saw a bright glowing light moving in undulating
      path. In 1952, W. Gordon Graham, astronomer saw an UFO "like a smoke
      ring, elliptical in shape, and having two bright pinpoints of light
      along its main axis move overhead from west to east. On August 5,
      1952, James Bartlett, astronomer saw during the daylight observation
      of Venus a flight of two disks with a diameter about 30 minutes of
      arc; passed overhead and turned east. Then two more disks with
      dome-like protrusions in center. On June 11, 1954, H. Percy Wilkins,
      an astronomer saw two silvery objects "like polished metal plates"
      moving against the wind. A third grayish oval arced across sky. On
      November 25, 1954, Marcos Guerci, meteorologist saw two luminous
      objects observed from airport; one apparently semicircular, other
      circular. 12/7/54 R. H. Kleyweg, meteorologist. Hemispherical disk
      tracked through theodolite. 11/1/55 Frank Halstead, astronomer. A
      cigar-shaped object followed by domed disk. 6/18/57 Henry Carlock,
      physicist. Observing sky with telescope; twice glimpsed UFO with halo
      around it and "what appeared to be three portholes." 11/10/57
      Jacques Chapuis, astronomer at Toulouse Observatory saw a maneuvering
      yellow star-like object for 5 minutes. The UFO finally ascended
      straight up out of sight. 5/22/60, Observatory Staff Majorca .
      Triangular UFO about 1/4 apparent size of moon sighted at 9:33 AM,
      spinning on its axis while on steady course. 3/16/61 R. J. Villela,
      a meteorologist in Antarctica saw a fireball-like object in low-level
      flight. 5/20/62 C. A. Maney, a physicist with six others saw a
      maneuvering light, turn sharply, and make sudden changes in speed.
      These reports cover only though 1964, so this should annihilate the
      myth that astronomers and scientists don't see UFOs. Thanks to- Brian
      Zeiler and NICAP.

      TOWER LIKE ANOMALY NEAR THE SUN

      On June 24, 1998, the Millennium Group Research Team posted the very
      first shot of what is now popularly known as "The ORCA." A strange
      tower like object that appears near Sunspot 8458. In October of 1998,
      the team began seeing a strange object in the lower left hand corner
      of the SOHO C2 images. At first it was thought to be an imaging
      anomaly, perhaps a wrinkle in a filter. We ignored it, but noticed it
      would show up intermittently for a few days and then it would be gone
      for a few days. The strange object that apparently is of tremendous
      size is called the Tower and only the tip of the Tower appears to be
      showing. It appears to be long and cylindrical as if it were a "tube"
      that had been sliced off at an angle. There is another shorter tower
      next to it. An image from the satellite YOHKOH also appears to show
      the geometric anomaly with extensions out of the center at a right
      angle and rays of light emanating from behind the object. It's as if
      sun light were radiating through or around a cloud, leading observers
      to conclude that this object is NOT on the surface, but at some
      distance from the sun. No other "sunspots" on the surface of the sun
      appear geometric like the Tower. The anomalies can be seen from two
      DIFFERENT satellites making it more likely that these are not image
      processing or digital aberrations. The strange mechanical looking
      structure does NOT appear to be a digital aberration because it is
      several pixels wide and there is evidence of tonal color gradation
      near the edges. This implies that someone did not put it there
      without considerable effort. See photos at:
      http://www.millenngroup.com/repository/solar/anomaly.html

      NOSTRADAMOUS PREDICTS WORLD WAR III

      CAPE TOWN -- Nostradamus by Jeremy Lovell (Reuters) - World War Three
      will start in July in the Balkans, last seven months and end in
      victory for the U.S.-led North Atlantic Treaty Organization, according
      to a new analysis of 16th century French seer Nostradamus. `He is
      clear it will start before the end of the century during the period of
      Cancer which is between June 22 and July 23, and in a triangle
      bordered by Greece, Italy and Turkey, which is the Balkans.''
      University of Stellenbosch Professor of Political Science Willie
      Breytenbach told Reuters, I have to emphasize I am a skeptic. I am an
      academic who was bored on a Sunday. But what I found was so chilling
      that I put pen to paper,'' he added. NATO allies have been bombing
      targets in Serbia in a so-far abortive effort to force Serbian
      President Slobodan Milosevic to stop expelling the ethnic Albanian
      majority from Kosovo. The air campaign has triggered angry responses
      from Russia, caused a biblical exodus of refugees from Kosovo and
      forced the allies to contemplate sending in ground forces.
      Breytenbach said he found references to the conflict in 18 of the 950
      quatrains written by Michel de Notre Dame in 1555. In one quatrain he
      mentions the Slav people and war in the mountains which, taken with
      what we know and the talk of land forces, all gelled,'' he added. One
      of the quatrains also mentions a tyrant whose name begins with `M,'
      which could refer to Milosevic. Another notes that the Serbs will
      change their prince, which Breytenbach took to be a reference to the
      possible overthrow of the Serb leader. In another verse there is a
      reference to three years and seven months of peace before the war.
      The Dayton peace accord to which Milosevic was a signatory, finally
      ended the conflict in Bosnia on November 21, 1995. Adding three years
      and seven months to that brings us to the end of June 1999,''
      Breytenbach said. Nostradamus made several references to the
      involvement of Greece, Turkey and Italy. Nostradamus, is quite clear
      the war will last seven months and the victor will have been born in
      America." Editor's Note: I predict WW III war will be averted and
      Milosevic will be ousted.

      NASA WILL STUDY WORMHOLES AND SPACE TUNNELS

      NASA --A report from Jack Grimston indicates that NASA is considering
      funding research into wormholes, anomalies in space that could provide
      a short cut to space travel and allow astronauts to crisscross the
      universe in an instant. NASA is impressed with new research that
      suggests that wormholes, tunnels that are thought to link points in
      space separated by billions of kilometers, could be used for space
      travel. A NASA spokesman said although the research could take
      decades, the potential rewards were too great to ignore: "This could
      revolutionize space travel and ultimately allow interstellar voyages."
      The existence of wormholes was first proposed by Albert Einstein 64
      years ago, but physicists have always argued that they would generate
      such powerful gravitational fields that nobody could enter them. New
      research suggests, however, that such forces could be neutralized
      using negative mass -- space from which all the energy has been sucked
      out. Negative mass was once considered a purely theoretical concept,
      but its existence has been demonstrated by scientists at a government
      research facility in Los Alomos. NM. A second group of researchers,
      led by Matt Visser, at Washington University in St Louis has
      calculated that negative mass could be used to manipulate small
      wormholes, making them large enough for a spaceship to pass through.
      Wormholes are best imagined by drawing two spots on a piece of paper
      and bending the paper so that the two dots touch. They are together,
      but remain the same distance apart on the paper. Professor Visser
      believes that negative mass could be used to expand and stabilize
      smaller wormholes. If the research succeeds, it would transform
      humankind's view of its place in the universe. Scientists believe
      that, while the universe could be riddled with millions of tiny
      wormholes. But at the moment we are effectively stranded on Earth - a
      spacecraft could take thousands of years to reach the nearest
      constellations. The amount of negative mass demonstrated by
      scientists at the Los Alamos laboratory is so small that only the most
      sensitive instruments can detect it. Australian Sunday Times 4/20/99

      EDWARDS AIR FORCE BASE UFO ENCOUNTER

      Sam Sherman's audio documentary tape called THE EDWARDS AIR FORCE BASE
      ENCOUNTER on the night of October 7, 1965, uses the actual voice
      recordings provided by the Air Force. During this event 12 high tech
      luminous UFOs invade secure air space and came down low over the
      runways at Edwards AFB, where tower operator Chuck Sorrels spotted
      them and notified the Air Defense Command. I have met and spoken to
      Sorrels who is heard on the original tapes and in a new segment in
      which he verifies the event as it is heard on the archival recordings.
      The UFOs are described and a decision is made to launch F-106
      interceptors. You are there in an important part of UFO history. Hear
      it for yourself, its probably the best tape ever made and its record
      of a real event. The cost of the tape is $14.95 each plus $2.00 for
      shipping -- total $16.95 -- the buyer can send either a personal check
      or money order to: INDEPENDENT INTERNATIONAL, Box 565, Dept. GF, Old
      Bridge, New Jersey 08857. This a great tape to listen to with your
      friends. Even most military men enjoy the tape and feel it is
      authentic.

      MUFON JOURNAL For more detailed investigative reports subscribe by
      writing to 103 Oldtowne Road, Sequin, TX 78155-4099 or E-mail
      Mufon@.... Filer's Files Copyright 1999 by George A. Filer, all
      rights reserved. Readers may post items from the Files on their
      Websites provided that they credit the newsletter and its editor by
      name and list the date of issue that the item appeared. Send your
      letters to me at Majorstar@.... If you wish to keep your name
      confidential please so state.