Fwd = BBC Space Online Update: Asteroids and Aliens

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2001
      Originally from: Space Online <space.online@...>
      Original Subject: Space Online Update: Asteroids and Aliens
      Original Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 12:12:28 +0100

      ***SPACE Chatroom***
      By popular demand, our SPACE chatroom is now open on Mondays and Wednesdays
      from 9pm till 10pm. To join in tonight's discussion, you can log on at:
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/livechat/chatrooms/chat_space.shtml
      To get a flavour of what might be under discussion, you can browse through
      our message boards at
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/space/spacechat/index.shtml

      ***Save the World from Space Invaders!***
      Test your reflexes with our online version of this classic game. Be warned
      - it's addictive!
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/space/playspace/index.shtml

      ***Space Rocks***
      Last Sunday's episode of SPACE talked about the threat posed to the Earth by
      asteroids and comets - but they've also played an important role in the
      lives of the planets. You can uncover the secrets of the Solar System in our
      exclusive online videos:
      Follow a comet, as these space snowballs streak across the Solar System:
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/space/solarsystem/comets/index.shtml
      Explore the asteroid belt - the junkyard of the planets:
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/space/solarsystem/asteroids/index.shtml

      ***This Week in SPACE - Sunday 5th August, 2030-2100***
      Black holes are the Universe's ultimate monsters, sucking everything into
      their super-dense centres. There are an estimated ten million of these
      cosmic killers in our galaxy and once created they never die. What are the
      chances of Earth having a fatal encounter?

      And don't forget...

      ***3D Tour of the Solar System***
      Take a holiday in the stars with our interactive 3D tour of the Solar
      System:
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/space/solarsystem/index.shtml
      But watch out for those asteroids!

      Happy Holidays!