Fwd = Life in the Universe (ESO PR 16/01); Film about the VLT

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2001
      Originally from: esonews@...
      Original Subject: Life in the Universe (ESO PR 16/01); Film about the VLT
      Original Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 19:36:01 +0200

      Dear subscribers,

      we are today announcing a new educational programme "Life in the
      Universe" that will be carried out within the framework of the
      European Science and Technology Week 2001. The main organisers are
      CERN, ESA and ESO, the organisations behind last year's very
      successful Physics On Stage project. Read about the details in ESO PR
      16/01 at:

      http://www.eso.org/outreach/press-rel/pr-2001/pr-16-01.html

      and visit the dedicated website (still in the process of being built
      up) at:

      http://www.lifeinuniverse.org

      A few weeks ago Discovery Channel finished editing of an hour-long
      programme about the ESO VLT on Paranal. The film will be shown on the
      various Discovery network channels in the course of the summer and
      autumn. At this moment, we have been informed about the following
      tentative schedule:

      Iberian peninsula: July 8 (8 - 9 pm); July 9 (9 - 10 pm); August 18 (6
      - 7 pm)

      Northern Europe and Asia: November 18 (time not known yet)

      Germany: January 25, 2002 (in the evening)

      We will keep you informed when more information becomes available.

      Kind regards,

      The ESO EPR Dept.

      Copyright ESO Education & Public Relations Department
      Karl-Schwarzschild-Strasse 2, D-85748 Garching, Germany