Fwd = We've got company

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2001
      Original Date: 2 Jul 2001 17:43:46 -0000

      Salon.com

      We've got company

      Astronomer David Darling talks about the controversial science of
      astrobiology and the near-certainty that extraterrestrial life forms
      exist in our solar system.

      - - - - - - - - - - - -
      By Suzy Hansen

      June 29, 2001 | We earthlings have long fantasized, feared and hoped
      that we're not alone in the universe. Yet somehow, our dreams of alien
      life only seem to feature the UFO-flying variety of creature. In "Life
      Everywhere: The Maverick Science of Astrobiology," astronomer (and
      author of about 40 science books) David Darling contends that "life"
      encompasses more than E.T. and the green-skinned go-go girls of "Star
      Trek." Bacterial life-forms from other planets have the potential to
      profoundly affect our understanding of the cosmos, as well as
      ourselves. Darling expertly explores the accomplishments and goals of
      this young, controversial science and looks with great optimism to the
      possibility of discovering life on Mars, on the moons of Jupiter and
      even on planets outside our solar system.

      Darling spoke to Salon from his home in Brainard, Minn.

      --[FULL Interview at above URL]-----