Re: UFOnet: I'm so glad to see some of you feel the same way.

  • Roger Anderton
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2001
      >>>deception lies in wait everywhere.
      >>Nobody is safe from it.

      The person who knows this is supposed to be enlightened.

      Hi Ted

      >>>But neither Aristotelian nor the Copernican conception of the world
      is totally wrong, they only became restricted in their area of validity.

      Correct, both theories are wrong. The correct theory is Relativity.
      >>>We still say the sun rises in the east and not that the earth has
      turned us across the day and night borderline.

      Not quite everyone.
      Most of us for instance - ask what time does this train we are on, get to
      the next station. Is it only Einstein aboard the train, that asks what time
      does the next station arrive on this train?

      even if we know that its weight is caused by a gravity, which is
      curvature of spacetime.
      But when the truck breaks down, do we need someone who can repair it?
      And if building the truck depends on knowing what gravity is, but no one
      understands the technical journals from our forebears, what does the idiot
      behind the steering wheel then do? Get out and walk ?

      >>>If during the development of a "warp drive" all forces turn out to be
      a phenomenon of a ten-dimensional geometry, as Michio Kaku
      writes in his book "Hyperspace", then this shouldn't upset religious
      people, because it is an indication for a creator.

      That theory was rediscovered in the 18th century by a Jesuit priest, and
      encoded in Pagan Mystery religions from Thoth religion to Gnostics, and
      condemned by the Church as Satanism. In the mythology of the Church the
      Serpent (that which gives initiation to hidden mysteries) is the Devil, and
      all knowledge is Evil and it was this Initiation that led to The Fall of
      Man. Religious types do not want the creator to be the Devil, and would much
      prefer the answer to be God. I think they would be upset. And They have been
      upset for 2000 odd years, and no one expects the Spanish Inquistion.