Fwd: CAUS HIGHLIGHTs: Monday - July 2, 2001

  • Autymn D. C.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2001
      Subject: CAUS HIGHLIGHTs: Monday - July 2, 2001
      From: caus@...

      "Despite our ever increasing sophisticated technology, an open mind and a
      caring heart might be what is necessary to fathom our reality from its
      most
      deepest regions to its outer limits."
      ------------
      CAUS HIGHLIGHTS: Monday - July 2, 2001
      ------------
      PAST HIGHLIGHTS:
      July 2, 1947: This date marks the beginning of the famous Roswell
      Incident,
      one of UFOLogy's most well-known cases. The story over the years has
      grown
      in UFOlogical lore and includes a crashed saucer (or saucers) alien
      bodies
      (from three to five, some dead some alive), the emergence in prominence
      of
      Wright Field (now called Wright Patterson Air Force Base) outside Dayton,
      Ohio as a major UFO storage area, and a massive UFO government cover-up.
      ------------
      BOOK of the WEEK HIGHLIGHTs:
      Swamp Gas Times by Patrick Hughye
      I have known Patrick Huyghe since 1977 when we both became involved in
      the
      UFO phenomenon and attended weekly meetings at the home of Budd Hopkins.
      He
      is an excellant journalist and editor (the award winning Anomolist) with
      keen sense of objectivity, awareness and insight. I highlly recommend his
      latest:
      The Swamp Gas Times is a revealing memoir by a journalist who has covered
      the
      UFO field for more than twenty years. This honest, behind-the-scenes look
      at
      how the media handle UFO stories also examines the dramatic events and
      major
      players that have transformed UFO research in the past quarter century.
      In a
      series of commentaries and updates to articles written for the New York
      Times, Omni, Science Digest, Newsweek, and elsewhere. Autographed edition
      available here: http://www.anomalist.com/books/swamp.html
      ------------
      PARANORML NEWs NETWORK (P3N):
      Top Story: Lost City of the Dead in the Grand Canyon
      http://www.gci-net.com/users/v/vrartist/story.html
      ------------
      TODAY's HIGHLIGHTS:
      The following are the highlights from today's postings on the CAUS web
      site.
      The complete reports, links, analysis and commentaries are posted at our
      new
      address. Please bookmark: http://www.caus.org/home.shtml
      ------------
      HISTORIC UFO REPORTS
      Large Flying Disc Photographed in 1947

      The flying disc "was lots bigger then an automobile" and 13-year-old Bill
      Turrentine of 410 West fourteenth Street doesn't understand why almost
      everybody in Norfolk didn't see...>>>
      ------------
      CAUS UFO NEWS
      NIDS Becomes "Official" Organization for FAA Reports

      NIDS is pleased to announce that the newly printed Federation Aviation
      Administration (FAA) manuals indicate the National Institute for
      Discovery
      Science (NIDS) as the sole contact point in the United States to which
      the
      FAA reports UFOs....>>>
      ------------
      MEMBER COMMENTARY
      Comments on Disclosure

      I have been a recipient of your CAUS newsletter for some time now and
      have
      very much enjoyed reading and for the most part have agreed with your
      commentaries. And so now comes your "OFFICIAL DISCLOSURE: A Practical
      Impossibility." >>>
      ------------
      WEDNESDAY'S HIGHLIGHTs:
      Special Independence Day Feature
      ------------
      Watch the Skies!

      Peter A. Gersten
      Director

      (c) Copyright 2001 Citizens Against UFO Secrecy.
      CAUS is a registered service mark of Citizens Against UFO Secrecy. All
      Rights
      Reserved.

      (c) Copyright 2001 ParaNorml News Network.
      P3N is a registered service mark of the ParaNorml News Network. All
      Rights
      Reserved.
      Permission is granted to reproduce or redistribute CAUS Highlights or any
      portion thereof provided that proper credit is given to CAUS and its web
      site
      address is included.