OT: Re: UFOnet: Earn $50,000 or more in SCAM SPAM!!!

  • shadra
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2001
      Although I doubt the sender will read this, I hope that this will keep anyone from falling victim to this SCAM.

      This is a pyramid scheme / chain letter and it is VERY ILLEGAL in the U.S. This quote is taken directly from the USPS web site and is part of Pub.300-A Consumer and Business Guide to Preventing Mail Fraud:

      http://new.usps.com/cpim/ftp/pubs/pub300a.pdf

      "Chain Letters

      Have you ever received a chain letter or e-mail message guaranteeing you'll "earn big $$$$" with one small investment? All you have to do is send $10 to everyone on the list, place your name at the bottom of the list and mail it to 10 friends. Then just sit back and watch the checks fill your mailbox.

      Don't waste your money. Chain letters don't work. What's more, if you mail chain letters, you could be committing a federal crime. The same law that prohibits lotteries covers chain letters as well."

      Moderator, would you please consider removing "mark_coll23" from the group?