Conspiracy's use of Skepticism

  • Roger Anderton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2001
      How Skepticism retards progress

      1. Religious Skepticism

      Kent Davis Moberg in his book The Magic of the Universe says:

      In the beginning of the second century AD., the Greek astronomer Ptolemy described an Earth-centered Universe. Some 1,400 years later, Copernicus proposed for the first time that the Earth rotated around the Sun.

      He neglects other Greek philosophers like Aristarchus of Samos, who Copernicus credited with the Sun- centered theory, never mind, he continues:

      Then in 1610, Galileo found evidence for the Copernican system by using one of the first astronomical telescopes. But the religious inflexibility of the Middle Ages would not hear of such a preposterous concept....

      What he neglects to mention is that it was the religious inflexibility of his fellow scientists that Galileo faced. Anyway, he continues:

      ..and in 1633, the Roman Catholic Inquisition forced him to retract his contention. He recanted in a cathedral before the people.

      Because he was under threat of torture.

      It had taken nearly 50,000 years for Homo sapiens sapiens (modern humans) intelligence to evolve enough to comprehend the Universe even in its most primitive relationship to the Earth.

      Galileo was forced to recant his heresy that the Earth moved, because his contemporaries believed for religious reasons that it didn't move.

      Although our evolution continues exponentially with time, it appears that unwarranted skepticism continues to limit our advance.

      i.e. Galileo's contemporaries were skeptical about the Earth moving, because it did not agree with their religion.

      Why are humans so skeptical? Is skepticism born out of caution? Scientific caution is good, but to what point? The hard evidence strongly supporting the existence of ET life is way beyond overwhelming, yet many scientists continue to ignore it. Why? Is caution a by-product of fear? What are we afraid of? Is fear innately human? Could this fear have evolved from the millennia of human conflict in the struggle for dominance. Will the human race ever grow up?

      Today, the "inquisition" consists basically of two groups.

      First, there are the skeptics who believe that humans are the only intelligent life among the billions of galaxies similar to our own throughout the Universe, or that other life exist, but it could never travel across the vast distance to Earth. These people attempt to explain the unknown purely by citing current scientific, religious, or human understanding.

      The other group is of course the military, who believe they have our best interest and safety in mind when they conceal the truth. This is an interesting notion - they know the truth, but they are acting like skeptics. Perhaps they believe they must preserve our social stability by slowing down the exponential curve of learning and intelligence, releasing new technology only when they believe we are capable of meshing it into our social fabric. Or, perhaps they wish to prevent it from falling into hostile hands. Regardless of their reasoning, military behaviour regarding top - secret leaks or witnesses to UFO crashes can be directly compared to the harsh and sometimes fatal treatment of heresy during the Roman Catholic Inquisition of the 1600s. Hollywood has dramatised this most effectively in the X Files series.

      Both groups, for different reasons, try to explain the unknown in terms of current human knowledge. One example of this is the attempt to explain ET transportation (UFOs) in terms of rocket propulsion technology, instead of in terms of a more probable, advanced type of propulsion such as the manipulation of gravitational and electromagnetic fields that could instantaneously transport matter to new locations. I personally believe this is how some UFOs get from A to B in seconds with little or no sound. Though currently just a theory, try to imagine for one moment the impact of such advanced technology on human transportation here on Earth and throughout space.

      Galileo was theoretically and scientifically correct. However, closed minded 17th century religious fervour superceeded scientific proof. The lesson for our generation is that it is unproductive for humans to explain the incomprehensible with closed or biased mind. In essence, we may become skeptics simply because we are unwilling, perhaps out of fear, to expand our level of comfort with the unknown.

      The successor to Galileo was Newton, the successor to Newton was Einstein. Then in the 1920s there was a Quantum Revolution, which Einstein said was wrong. If Einstein was right then the Quantum Revolution could have overturned the Copernican Revolution. "Galileo was theoretically and scientifically correct" with the Copernican Revolution, counteract against that and you become 'theoretically and scientifically incorrect'. And then you would be believing the Modern Science of the 20th century for 'religious fervour'.

      This first group of people who call themselves Skeptics do not learn their lesson. They apply skepticism against other peoples' beliefs, but they never apply them to their own beliefs. And then Religious Skepticism retards progress.

      While this second group of people the military, who pretend to be skeptics. Since when have the military known what they are doing? Give them some alien advanced technology. They are bound to mess it up, particularly if the people they think are experts are the first group, the ones they have kept in the dark for national security reasons.

      Then what if the military themselves have been kept in the dark? What if they think they know what they're doing, but have been kept in the dark as well.

      2. How Intelligence deceives itself

      After WWII under Operation PAPERCLIP the US gave amnesty to Nazi war criminals, that they thought would be valuable to them in the Cold War against Communism.

      Consider the following information about top Nazi Master Spy Gehlen:-

      Reinhard Gehlen, Hitler's master spy and most senior officer on the Russian front of the Nazi war machine, had buried his Intelligence information in the Austrian Alps as soon as he saw that Nazi Germany was going to collapse. He realised that the next issue facing Western powers after WWII would be to prevent further Communist expansion, and made a deal with the US after WWII that was too good to refuse. What he had to offer got him amnesty from war crimes and made him an influential agent in America's anti-Communist war of nerves with Russia. He took command of his network of spies and became America's foremost intelligence source on the Soviet Union.

      The US being paranoid about communists, recruited hundreds of high ranking Nazi scientists and SS officers under Operation Paperclip. Many of those scientists had benefited from fatal experiments performed on prisoners and slave labour. Truman sanctioned their use.

      In other words the Nazi Intelligence apparatus was transplanted onto the American spy and military agencies. President Truman warned against setting up a permanent "Gestapo - like" intelligence agency. [ But obviously that went unheeded. CIA drug trafficking. Mysterious JFK assassination etc..] Hitler's espionage elite helped to create the CIA.

      Christopher Simpson in book Blowback notes that Gehlen's over alarmist reports on the USSR increased the tensions in the Cold War, issuing dire false reports that justified increases in US military budgets, making out that Soviets were preparing for an imminent attack, when really the Russians were still trying to recover from WWII.

      E H Cookridge in Gehlen, Spy of the Century says that in 1948 Gehlen nearly convinced the US that the Soviets were about to launch an assault on the West, and advised that the West should strike first.

      Former CIA officer Victor Marchetti said "The CIA loved Gehlen because he fed us what we

      wanted to hear. We used his stuff constantly, and we fed it to everybody else: the Pentagon; the White House; the newspapers. They loved it, too. But it was hyped up Russian boogeyman junk, and it did a lot of damage to this country."

      Gehlen undermined the "national security" that had justified his recruitment in the first place.

      Some researchers propose that Gehlen had his own hidden agenda - an ulterior motive beyond his personal hatred of communism.

      Carl Oglesby thinks that Gehlen's organisation operated as a cover for Odessa, an international underground set up to preserve the defeated Nazi Reich. This opinion is seconded by Military intelligence historian Colonel William Corson.

      Link this to Einstein. Before WWII there was a hate campaign conducted against him because he was a Jew. After WWII he was in America, and the same people that had conducted the hate campaign against him were now part of US's secret services, and were able to continue the hate campaign this time accusing him of being a Communist - as part of the McCarthy witch hunts.

      US Intelligence managed to get it 'knickers in a twist', and throw away the correct physics theory.

      Intelligence agents are not known for showing too much real intelligence.

      So, we have the blind leading the blind.

      The Conspiracy works full circle, and the deceivers who think they know the truth are themselves deceived.