Private rocket launch is 'suicidal'

  • Cris Wilson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2001
      >From: vincent gregory palmer <vincegpalmer@...>
      >>
      >If this is the same guy I watched on TV the other night, who had a ten
      >minute window granted by authorities to test his latest rocket from a beach
      >in the UK and managed to dig a bunker 6 feet too short for the fuses to
      >reach, then frantically digging a fresh one for his last chance to be in
      >the
      >race to space, then I look forward to the horror show in 2 years time.
      >
      >regards Vince

      Actually we who live in the Morecambe Bay area on the Cumbrian side enjoyed
      watching the rocket go up, it was also broadcast on Cumbria Radio, and we
      all look forward to the next instalment, but for positive reasons not
      negative ones.

      Cris
    • vincent gregory palmer
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2001
        I would enjoy watching it go up too, I understand your sentiment. I wouldn't
        put my life in his hands though. Manned space flight requires a high degree
        of attention to detail. Not making a fuse long enough, or measuring out a
        bunker six feet short is hardly encouraging is it.

        Vince