Re: UFOnet: I'm so glad to see some of you feel the same way.

  • Roger Anderton
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2001
      The deeper you look into the UFO topic the worse it gets, so I don't think
      anyone can be prepared for the worst.

      People have interesting responses to finding out that 'they' have been
      deceived, ranging from 'don't care' to refusing to give up their false
      beliefs, and then trying to destroy evidence.

      If ETs are here then you have the following:-

      1. Our understanding of modern physics must be wrong. Many astrophysicists
      claim that travel between stars is not possible.
      2. A new perspective on our history. If ETs turned up in the 20th century,
      then our history would need revising, e.g. ETs could have been interacting
      with certain groups of people such as Nazis.
      3. If ETs had been here thousands of years, then they could have had great
      influence on our religions. For instance ETs could have been mistaken for
      angels, or even the Biblical God himself.
      4. People who are in psychiatric care, labelled as 'mad' claiming alien
      contact, voices in their head, could be telling the truth.
      5. US Military could be using ET technology to have tactical advantage over
      other nations. Show ETs are here is a threat to national security.

      So, ETs being here, for "starters" upsets:-

      1. Scientists
      2. Historians
      3. Theologians and Religious fanatics
      4. Psychiatrists
      5. Military

      A lot of people would be shown to be believing lies, or deliberately
      espousing lies to cover up the truth. Who doesn't it upset?

      And when you upset a lot of people what do you get? The usual answer is a
      lot of fighting and killing.

      Your instinct/ intuition is correct to fear the ET presence being revealed.

      The truth is out there, and a lot of people want it to stay like that -
      buried as deep as possible.

      The best a person can do is prove to themselves that what they have been led
      to believe (by the education system of this culture) is a lie, and the
      response on finding that out is to be upset.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2001
        Hi Roger,

        deception lies in wait everywhere.
        Nobody is safe from it.

        Galilei has overcome it,
        Einstein has overcome it.

        But neither Aristotelian nor the Copernican conception of the world
        is totally wrong, they only became restricted in their area of validity.
        We still say the sun rises in the east and not that the earth has
        turned us across the day and night borderline.
        We still can drive a Truck without knowledge of relativity theory,
        even if we know that its weight is caused by a gravity, which is
        curvature of spacetime.

        If during the development of a "warp drive" all forces turn out to be
        a phenomenon of a ten-dimensional geometry, as Michio Kaku
        writes in his book "Hyperspace", then this shouldn't upset religious
        people, because it is an indication for a creator.

        Only abducted persons have to keep their amnesia,
        until the military is able to protect them.

        (Encyclopaedia Britannica:
        Amnesia seems to represent a psychoneurotic escape
        from or denial of memories that might cause anxiety and
        is thus an example of repression, or motivated forgetting.
        These memories are not actually lost, since they can
        generally be recovered through psychotherapy or after
        the amnesic state has ended)

      • Roger Anderton
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2001
          >>>deception lies in wait everywhere.
          >>Nobody is safe from it.

          The person who knows this is supposed to be enlightened.

          Hi Ted

          >>>But neither Aristotelian nor the Copernican conception of the world
          is totally wrong, they only became restricted in their area of validity.

          Correct, both theories are wrong. The correct theory is Relativity.
          >>>We still say the sun rises in the east and not that the earth has
          turned us across the day and night borderline.

          Not quite everyone.
          Most of us for instance - ask what time does this train we are on, get to
          the next station. Is it only Einstein aboard the train, that asks what time
          does the next station arrive on this train?

          even if we know that its weight is caused by a gravity, which is
          curvature of spacetime.
          But when the truck breaks down, do we need someone who can repair it?
          And if building the truck depends on knowing what gravity is, but no one
          understands the technical journals from our forebears, what does the idiot
          behind the steering wheel then do? Get out and walk ?

          >>>If during the development of a "warp drive" all forces turn out to be
          a phenomenon of a ten-dimensional geometry, as Michio Kaku
          writes in his book "Hyperspace", then this shouldn't upset religious
          people, because it is an indication for a creator.

          That theory was rediscovered in the 18th century by a Jesuit priest, and
          encoded in Pagan Mystery religions from Thoth religion to Gnostics, and
          condemned by the Church as Satanism. In the mythology of the Church the
          Serpent (that which gives initiation to hidden mysteries) is the Devil, and
          all knowledge is Evil and it was this Initiation that led to The Fall of
          Man. Religious types do not want the creator to be the Devil, and would much
          prefer the answer to be God. I think they would be upset. And They have been
          upset for 2000 odd years, and no one expects the Spanish Inquistion.