Tracie,

  • Erol Erkmen
    Message 1 of 2 , May 29 8:37 AM
      Tracie,
      Let me tell you that TUVPO has about 3500 members and daily 1000’s visitors including visitors from United States. In our mailing lists. We have lots of members from your country.

      In summary we receive, hundreds of UFO reports by filling out the form on our web page.  Before evaluating these reports we investigate their sources, and we found out that most of them can not be based on serious facts and I assume the same is valid
      for your country.  Also many of the web site owners are of the same opinion.Tuvpo definitely refuses to publish such reports.

      Comparing the population, social and other conditions of Turkey,  with your country,it is natural that  the number of reports received by us is much less than yours.Furthermore, the subject of UFO is secondary importance in Europe and Turkey as most of the people who are interested in the subject, work in other profession and
      deal with this subject in their spare time.. Obviously,  because it is very difficult to make money and make a living by only concentrating on UFO. As an example,a book published on this subject would sell maximum 3000 copies in Turkey,where as there are many people who make money out of this in your country. I personally work as an color seperation engineer   in the printing sector.
      Now lets sat that you observed an UFO and detected it with a camera and many other people witnessed  it together with you and this may be a sufficient proof for the existence of UFOs. However the problem is that this proof is not sufficient at all to be able to definitely say that extraterrestrial life exists as there are many other questions to be answered.  For example, (may be) the flying object can be produced
      in our world or it may be an some kind a atmospheric phenomenon . These possibilities can be increased and the existing proofs are not sufficient to clearly admit that our earth is being visited by the extraterrestrial life.
      If we can be able to eliminate all assumptions and explain that UFOs are belong extraterrestrial visitors, only then we can say that extraterrestrial life exist,otherwise it is known by many of us that UFOs are being seen and detected by lots of people. This is the point of view of TUVPO. We do not find it correct to mislead people on this subject without having solid facts. For this reason we do not support the project disclosure because there are not enough proofs..

      Coming to the scientific  methods, if you have observed our link project A.L.P  page,You must have had an opinion about us. All reports should be thoroughly studied and assumptions should be reduced to the minimum and all techniques should be used. TUVPO has used these techniques in its ALP Project and the same techniques will be adopted also in its new project called PULSAR.
      Our new project is being guided by experts from fields of military,biology,and engineering. All of them bleive the existence of extraterrestrial life including myself.

      It has to be considered that with the continiously developing communications sytems the worl is getting smaller and therefore every action of worldwide UFO groups carry responsibilities against the public and influence one another. TUVPO feel
      free to reject such project considering the region and people it represents and has the right to publish its ideas and opinion.

      best regards
      Erol Erkmen

      our refs:
      project alp
      project pulsar (new)
      ufotechnique
    • *...tracie...*..x
      Message 2 of 2 , May 29 10:19 AM
        Hiya...

        Thank you for taking the time out to explain your position.

        What I still don't understand though, is how you can make such sweeping statements about the Disclosure project? (In your original post).

        Their whole point is that people are too frightened to come forward, and those who have come forward, are not enough in your opinion to be classed as proof?

        Disclosure's point is that there 'are' many witnesses to most of the events, but they're either too frightened/fearful of possible repercussions that they don't talk/admit to people what happened... at least, not publicly.

        So until those who are behind Disclosure, can get the guarantee's that they're looking for, for the other's 'too' come forward, then there will never be enough 'public' information to class as proof, right? Is that what you're saying?

        Then let's hope that Disclosure 'does' succeed, because if those with the authority to 'make' this public and open catch wind of that attitude, that's all they'll need to hang on to, and all the reason they need to not change things.  It will all continue to be hushed up, people will continue to be made out to be wacko's because they have no way of finding out who the other witnesses to their same events are.  People don't have to be in a group to equal to 'numerous' witnesses.

        Let's use this as an example; if something - let's say an ordinary plane - is high in the sky, it can be seen by thousands.  But I, who look up at that plane, do not know if the thousands of other people looked up and saw it unless it is made public.  But if it's kept quiet, if that flight was classed as top secret or whatever, etc and decided to not log that flight or they chose to wipe the records of it, there is no 'proof' that 'I' ever saw that plane - is there?  There would be nothing to say that those 'thousands' of people saw it, right? Those thousands of people would be feeling very much alone, just like me, right? If you saw that plane in a photo I took (and not everyone is lucky enough to have a camera in their hand at the time) , you'd say that wasn't proof enough, right?  Or would it be proof enough, because you'd seen it yourself? : )

        I understand what you're saying... I just wanted to know what you you classed as enough proof....the way things stand at present, worldwide, in your opinion, that proof just does not exist. Fair enough, you answered my question : )

        Poor Disclosure....they've got a lot of work on their hands and sound like they're never going to be able to make everyone happy... not if people can't see past the photo's to the bigger picture.... again,..I think that's their point..*wink*

        love,
        tracie..x
        p.s.  feel free to correct me if you feel I misunderstood anything : )