Fwd: [antigrav] Re: Excellent Greenglow progress

  • Autymn D. C.
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2001
      Subject: [antigrav] Re: Excellent Greenglow progress
      From: Rick Monteverde, rick@...

      Berkant -

      A few years ago I was watching the sky and saw one of those large
      bright green meteor cross the sky that end up as a green ball. I was
      able to triangulate its rough position from a simultaneous observer's
      report from about 140 miles away. It passed straight overhead for the
      other observer, and a low angle for me, so it was pretty far away.
      The thing was, I could definitely see "diameter" to the green ball,
      and had it under observation long enough to know it wasn't just
      after-image or glow. It was not a point source, it was a little
      better than Jupiter, which just shows visible disk area for most
      people. My calcs showed that for me to see that disk area, the ball
      would have to have been at least over 275 meters or so in diameter,
      probably more. Of course, the actual meteor was probably only the
      size of a peanut.

      The only explanation I can imagine is that it was glow from a
      tremendously high voltage. It was perfectly round, not teardrop, so
      it wasn't gasses associated directly with the meteor. It started out
      very fast and brilliant (had to look away for a moment), then slowed
      noticably and shed the sparks and tail it had initially, and became a
      singular green spot without any tail at all as it sailed at a slower
      rate across the sky. So spalling off all that outer stuff must have
      stripped off a large amopunt of charge, leaving a core to make a glow
      in the rarified gasses hundreds of meters across. This could also
      explain why these 'greenies' as I call them, have been reported to
      dramatically change direction sometimes. A mass of a few grams with a
      few bazillion volts of charge on it could easily be moved around by
      large patches of charged gasses in the upper atmosphere as it passes
      them. The patch of gas working against the meteor by electrical force
      may have tons of mass. The whole point being, there's one way to make
      huge charges on an object.

      - Rick Monteverde
      Honolulu, HI