Re: UFOnet: Re: Fwd = First Results from Brookhaven's Heavy Collider

  • Roger Anderton
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2001
      Unfortunately, scientists don't know what they are doing.

      When they were building the Atom Bomb, one of them came up with a theory
      that if an Atom Bomb was exploded then it would cause a chain reaction in
      the atmosphere, fusing all the air molecules everywhere in the world and
      destroying all life. The only way to find out whether such a theory was
      true, was to do the experiment. They did the experiment - exploded the first
      Atom Bomb and since the World did not end, they concluded that this
      particular theory was false.

      The only way, they have of finding out anything is by doing the experiment.
      May be these scientists will finally find the correct formulae to make this
      theory work?

      The BSE crisis is now in effect an unintentional experiment that has been
      carried out on everyone.

      On BBC2 Horizon on Thurs it has the story about a strain of artifically bred
      algae used in fish tanks, which got into the sea and mutated into what is
      now called 'killer algae' destroying eco systems.

      Science makes a lot of blunders, and is wise after the event. It relies on
      people having short memory spans, and then rewriting history after the
      disaster to make itself appear in the 'good light'. Dealt with by historian
      John Ralston Saul in his book Voltaire's Bastards.

      To these people we trust - playing around with our food by genetic
      engineering.

      Cheers Roger