Fwd = UFO tally hits 19 (UK Report)

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2001
      Forwarded by: fwestra@...
      Original Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 11:14:50 -0500 (EST)

      UFO tally hits 19

      THE DALES UFO mystery has deepened yet further following two more
      close encounters.

      Over the last few months, Mercury readers have reported seeing flying
      saucers, balls of fire and wedge-shaped craft in the skies over the
      Dales and Peaks.
      Now another UFO - shaped like a bowler hat - has been seen by two
      people hovering over Curbar Gap near Calver.
      A 46-year-old Youlgrave man, who asked not to be named, said the
      object was jet black and had a diameter of 100 feet.
      He and a friend saw the UFO at sunset on Saturday, January 6. It was
      300 yards away from them and 1,000 feet high.
      We watched it for ten minutes, then it just disappeared into thin air,
      he said.
      It wasnt a normal aircraft - there were no wings or an obvious power
      source or jet stream.
      It was just spinning with no noise apart from a low hum. There were no
      lights or portalls.
      I was taken aback. It was nothing like Ive ever seen before - it was
      huge. What it was, I dont know.
      Last Friday, Bakewell woman Heather Shuttleworth was travelling
      towards Haddon Bank when she looked out of her car window over Beeley
      Moor at 5.40am.
      She and her husband saw two bright lights, stopped the car and looked
      skywards through a pair of binoculars.
      Mrs Shuttleworth added: I knew they werent aeroplane lights - they
      were too bright.
      My husband carried his binoculars in the car as in past weeks we
      thought we had seen strange lights but thought they were aeroplanes.
      We couldnt believe what we saw. The lights were the shape of what
      flying saucers look like on documentaries.
      My husband got back in the car and about one mile from Friden towards
      Stanton Moor, there was a red bright light and an orange bright light
      coming towards each other.
      UFO WATCH
      1 September in Carsington: 65-year-old grandma Josie Stirland sees
      nine huge banks of vertical cloud, descending from the sky.
      2 The following day, a circular rainbow as large as the sun was seen
      over the same area.
      3 September in Ashbourne: Jo Buckley (68) sees a long streak of light
      and circular rainbow, similar to above, actually covering the sun.
      4 September 24 in Curbar: Pensioner sees bright light hovering over
      the village, along with a strange mist.
      5 October 1 in Matlock: Eight-year-old Emma Wheeldon sees six flashing
      lights one large and five smaller over the town, flashing red, yellow
      and blue.
      6 October 5 in Birchover: Man sees a bright light over the Bakewell to
      Ashbourne road. It moved slowly and changed from white to
      multi-coloured.
      7 October 5: Bonsall mum captures flying saucer on video for
      six-and-a-half spectacular minutes.
      8 October 21: Andrew Lynham sees a circle of red and green flashing
      lights in the clouds above Mill Peak.
      9 October: Man sees the same craft as in the Bonsall video this time,
      over Bonsall Moor.
      10 October: 46-year-old man sees bright white light behind the clouds
      at Rowsley.
      11 October 21: Jacky Swift of Matlock sees a 20-minute light show of
      white beams over Tissington.
      12 November 13: Man spots bright light over Matlocks Hurst Farm Estate
      before it shrinks and disappears.
      13 November: Stanton Lees pensioner Terry Green sees a light show over
      Rowsley... but thinks it could be disco lazers.
      14 December 25: Elaine Wachlarz of Youlgrave sees an illuminatedflying
      saucer in the Over Haddon area.
      15 January 6: Two men see a jet black 100-feet-wide UFO shaped like a
      bowler hat over Curbar Gap.
      16 January 13: Anne Saunders sees triangular UFO hovering abover Crich
      for three minutes before breaking into two pieces, each flying off.
      17 January 13: Matlock man sees similar UFO with a pink glow above
      Crich.
      18 January 17: Joan Power sees an oblong ball of fire over the Tops in
      Matlock, landing behind trees.
      19 January 26: Heather Shuttleworth sees bright red and orange lights
      over Beeley Moor.
      These are just the reported sightings to the Mercury. Have you seen
      any more? If so, telephone news editor Andy Darlington on (01629)
      582432.

      By Andy Darlington

      Published: 31.1.01 � Wilfred Edmunds Newspapers ltd