UFO : [Fwd: [UFO ROUNDUP, Volume 6 Number 1]

  • crash
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2001
      UFO ROUNDUP
      Volume 6, Number 1
      January 4, 2001
      Editor: Joseph Trainor

      http://ufoinfo.com/roundup/

      COMET-LIKE UFOs CROSS THE
      BIGHT SKY OVER CANBERRA

      "Unexplained reports of sonic booms, flying silver
      objects and flares seen falling from the sky were made
      to emergency services throughout the A.C.T.
      (Australian Capital Territory--J.T.) and South
      Coast last night," i.e. Tuesday, December 26, 2000.
      "'Space junk' sighted over Calwell was believed to have
      sparked a grass fire beside the Monaro Highway, an A.C.T.
      Fire Brigade spokesman said."
      "The fire, near the intersection with Isabella Drive, was
      quickly contained by six fire-brigade units, but speculation about the
      cause was rife throughout A.C.T. emergency services."
      "An eyewitness at the Calwell shops said she saw a piece
      of something silver crashing into the ground, an ambulance
      spokesman said."
      "A.C.T. police confirmed that a flare had been seen
      falling from the sky over the Monaro Highway and said they had
      received similar reports of floating space junk from the South
      Coast" of Australia.
      In Batemans Bay, New South Wales, southeast of
      Canberra, the national capital, "police were also fielding
      calls last Night (December 26) about sonic booms,
      flares and 'big comets in the sky' but no damage was
      reported and no objects were found, a spokesman said."
      Another newspaper report stated, "A small meteorite's
      fall to Earth was the most likely cause of a sonic boom
      and streaks of light over southeastern Australia which
      sparked dozens of calls to police."
      "'It is most likely to be a meteorite,' said Ian Warren,
      operations supervisor at the Deep Communications complex
      in the national capital, Canberra."
      ""'The size of the meteor would probably be coffee cup
      size,' he said, 'That would cause a sonic boom and
      would also cause some good flares around it.'"
      "Callers in Batemans Bay, N.S.W., 155 miles
      (248 kilometers) south of Sydney, compared the mysterious
      lights in the sky Tuesday night to flares, police inspector
      Peter Volf said. The callers said the lights were
      accompanied by an explosion strong enough to shake buildings."
      "Fire authorities in Canberra, about 62 miles
      (105 kilometers) west of Batemans Bay, said they were investigating
      whether debris from the meteorite was the cause of three
      grass fires which began overnight Tuesday." (See the
      Canberra Times for December 27, 2000, "Speculation
      'space junk' caused fire." Many thanks to Gerry Lovell for
      forwarding the newspaper articles."

      WEIRD PHENOMENON REPORTED
      AT ADELAIDE HILLS, A.C.T.

      A strange phenomenon, which may be related to the
      UFO flyover, occurred in Adelaide Hills, A.C.T., a suburb
      of Canberra, on Wednesday afternoon, December 27, 2000.
      First, M.B., an eyewitness to the UFO overflight,
      reported, "Ten flaming tails, moving horizontally, very high
      speed. Strange flying objects were seen by dozens of
      people across the continent last night (December 26).
      It was as if they were flying straight into an invisible wall,
      and beyond the wall they were no longer in the third
      dimension."
      Twenty hours later, Richard H. of Adelaide Hills, A.C.T.
      reported, "What happened to me on (Wednesday) December 27,
      2000, at 4:16 p.m., . I went outside to attend to my trailer
      and to fold up the tarp (tarpaulin--J.T.) As I pulled up one
      corner of the tarp to fold it, I could see it had leaves stuck to it.
      I was shocked to see that the leaves were another colour.
      I saw that the leaves were brilliant, brilliant orange I looked
      at my hands and they too were the same colour."
      "I had a feeling the colour was coming from above in
      the sky, and I looked up, but I couldn't see any objects.
      There was no cloud movement in the sky, and the clouds
      were a really strange colour. Nothing was moving. Not a
      sound. Not even the sound of rustling leaves. No
      birds singing. Nothing."
      "I got scared and went towards the house to get my wife
      to come out and take a look at the leaves and the sky. But
      when she came out, the sky was back to normal and the
      leaves were green and all sound had returned. I thought for a
      moment I was on the set of an X-Files movie." (Many
      thanks to Diane Harrison of Australian UFO Research
      Network for this report.)
      (Editor's Comment: Obviously something interfered with
      Richard's brain or optic nerve, preventing him from seeing the
      color green. But what?)

      LUMINOUS UFOs SIGHTED
      IN SOUTHERN COLORADO

      Strange luminous UFOs were sighted in the
      San Luis Valley of southern Colorado during
      November and December of 2000.
      On November 2, 2000, at 9:35 a.m., Betty P. was at
      her ranch in rural Saguache County and "looked out (the window)
      at the (San Luis) valley and observed 'a large iridescent
      green ball' that appeared to be 'low in the sky to the west.'
      Betty estimated that the green UFO was over Center,
      Colorado (population 3,000), located about 25 miles
      (40 kilometers) from the Baca Grande development
      "Initially, (the UFO) looked to be about 25 degrees above
      the horizon but seemed to slowly sink. She described the object
      as being 'a lot bigger than the full moon' and remarked
      that it appeared iridescent green at first but slowly drifted down toward
      the horizon it became more yellow in color. She estimates that the
      sighting lasted three to four minutes."
      (Editor's Note: That green UFO is still in the USA.
      See the following story.)
      On Wednesday, December 13, 2000, at San Antonio
      Mountain near the Colorado/New Mexico state line, "a witness
      south of Antonito, Colorado called to say he was
      watching 'a huge bright light' which he described as
      being located 'three-quarters up San Antonio Mountain.'"
      San Antonio Mountain is located approximately
      10 miles )16 kilometers) south of Antonito.
      On Sunday, December 17, 2000, at 10:35 a.m., at the
      Baca Grande Development, a female Buddhist nun
      "while out walking in the Baca Grande Development
      heard a 'sonic boom.' She looked up to locate the
      source of the sound and observed a hovering
      'pencil-shaped object' between her vantage point
      and the nearby Sangre de Cristo mountain range.
      The object was a ruddy reddish color, and she described
      it as being about 15 to 20 feet (5.6 to 6 meters) long and
      about 3 to 4 feet (one meter) wide."
      Author/researcher Christopher O'Brien noted,
      "I heard the initial boom sound while watching TV but
      thought it was an Air Force pilot breaking the sound barrier."
      On Monday, December 18, 2000, at 7:10 p.m., "a woman
      and her two daughters were driving west from Moffatt,
      Colorado (population 12,000)" heading into rural Saguache
      County "when they caught sight of 'a big yellowish-white light,'
      traveling slowly south over Moffatt. They watched the light
      for two or three minutes and then called" the grandmother
      in Moffatt to see if she could confirm the sighting. The
      grandmother, however, was unable to see the object.
      "The initial witness reported that the light was flying
      too slowly to be a low-flying plane and did not exhibit
      the usual FAA (navigation) lights."
      (Many thanks to Christopher O'Brien, author of
      The Mysterious Valley and Enter the Valley for
      these reports.)

      NEON-GREEN UFO SEEN OVER
      NORTHWESTERN VERMONT

      An unusual neon-green UFO flew over northwestern
      Vermont the evening of Wednesday, December 27, 2000
      and was seen by many people in Burlington, Essex,
      Essex Junction and Chittenden.
      "A bright object raced across the Vermont sky that
      was seen by scores of people was probably a meteor,
      officials say."
      "'It was very green--neon green--streaking across the
      sky,' said Donna Day of Essex, Vermont
      (population 1,000.) 'It had an orange tail. It disappeared
      behind the horizon and there was a flash of light.'"
      "The object was bright enough to be seen clearly even
      under the city lights" of Burlington (population 11,000).
      Burlington, a port on Lake Champlain, is the largest
      city in Vermont and is located on Interstate Highway I-89
      approximately 74 miles (118 kilometers) northwest of
      Montpelier, the state capital. (See the
      Rutland, Vt. Herald for December 28, 2000,
      "Apparent meteor flashes in the sky.")

      UFO MYSTERY AT LYNCH
      MOUNTAIN IN KENTUCKY

      Since the beginning of December 2000, residents
      of Appalachia, Virginia (population 2,100) have seen
      unusual phenomena in the night sky over Lynch Mountain.
      The wooded mountain, located just over the state line
      in Kentucky, is approximately 14 miles *23 kilometers)
      west of Appalachia, Va.
      According to local resident Christ Light, "We have seen
      UFOs going from east to west and hovering over Lynch
      Mountain. Strange and bright white lights. They all
      appear to be egg-shaped objects."
      "Lynch Mountain has a government complex located
      on the peak," he added, "Also, it is a no-fly zone. I have
      been told by some of the older men who worked on it
      (a Department of Defense facility--J.T.) in the Fifties (1950s)
      that it is 15 stories underground."
      "You see white jeeps (Humvees) around the area all
      the time."
      Appalachia is on Virginia Highways 88 and 73,
      located about 25 miles (40 kilometers) south of
      Pikeville, Kentucky. (Many thanks to Christ Light
      for this report.)

      CYLINDER-SHAPED UFO
      PHOTOGRAPHED IN MICHIGAN

      On Christmas Day, Monday, December 25, 2000, J.L.
      went outdoors before 9 a.m. to set up his telescope at
      his home in Troy, Michigan (population 14,500.)
      He wanted to capture the partial eclipse of the sun,
      which was about to sweep across the USA's Upper Midwest.
      He got more than he bargained for.
      "I was trying to get pictures with my videocamera but
      ran out of film (tape)," he reported, "So I took four Polaroids.
      On one of the shots, I have an unbelievably huge
      cylinder-shaped object. It looked like it had ten indentations
      like a big door on the left. Amazingly, the object appeared
      to be behind the sun. I have a house roof as a reference
      (point) in two of the shots." (Email Form Report)

      CASSINI REACHES JUPITER

      "NASA's $3.4 billion" robot spacecraft Cassini
      "passed Jupiter at the closest point of its trip Saturday,"
      December 30, 2000, "using gravity from the solar
      system's largest planet to swing it toward Saturn."
      Cassini is scheduled to arrive at Saturn, its final
      destination, in July 2004.
      "While passing Jupiter over the next few months, Cassini
      will team up with the Galileo spacecraft to make dual
      observations of the planet and its surroundings."
      "Scientists at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory"
      in Pasadena, California, USA "steered Cassini to
      within 5 million miles of Jupiter early Saturday to
      give the spacecraft a gravity boost as it heads for a
      rendezvous with Saturn in July 2004."
      "Galileo, which was launched in 1989 and
      began orbiting Jupiter in 1996, also will test
      Cassini's instruments for Saturn."
      "The Cassini spacecraft was launched in 1997 on
      an 11-year mission. While near Jupiter, it will help
      with studies of the planet's atmosphere, moons, faint
      rings and magnetosphere surrounding" the gas giant.
      "The Galileo spacecraft, which has been hampered
      by a high-gain antenna that never fully deployed,
      already is deep within the Jovian magnetosphere,
      while Cassini just entered it early Thursday,"
      December 28, 2000. (See the Duluth, Minn.
      News-Tribune for December 31, 2000, "Cassini makes close
      flyby of Jupiter," page 2.)

      THE ELECTRIC KID--A
      REAL-LIFE "SUPER-HERO"

      "A toddler whose body sets off store alarms gas
      security guards and scientists scratching their
      heads."
      "Harry Fairweather, age 2, has been nicknamed
      'Sparky' at a shopping centre in Winsford, England, UK
      because he keeps triggering door sensors designed to
      detect special tags attached to goods. He's set
      off the alarms and flashing lights at two other nearby
      shopping centres, as well."
      "'This first started about five months ago,' says Harry's
      mother, Paula. 'Harry was in his (baby) carriage when
      the alarms went off, it was quite embarrassing, but
      they knew we hadn't stolen anything. Then it began
      happening every time we came in and out (of the store).'"
      "'When Harry could walk, he was running
      backward and forward through the doors and the security
      system was going crazy. Even wearing only his underwear,
      he set it off. Everyone was baffled.'"
      "''We have been told by a top doctor that Harry has a
      rare condition that means he has an electric force
      held around him. At first I was really worried but have
      been told that is a gift and nothing to worry about.'"
      Like the Marvel Comics character Electro (real
      name: Maxwell Dillon--J.T.) Harry's body generates
      its own intense electromagnetic field. Such fields
      occurring in nature register 0.5 milligauss. Harry's
      field fluctuates between 0.71 and 0.73 milligauss,
      nearly a 50 percent increase over nature. The
      metabolic cause of this intense electromagnetic
      field is not known.
      Harry's "wild talent" also "includes psychic powers,
      according to Paula, who recalls a time when her alarming
      little boy announced that a woman 'had a baby in her
      tummy.' Paula says, 'She pulled me aside and said she
      had just found out the previous day she was expecting
      a baby.'"
      "Darren Crofts, customer services manager at the centre
      where the Fairweathers shop every week confirms Paula's
      story, saying their searches of Mom and son have revealed
      nothing illegal."
      "'This is absolutely baffling and we just cannot explain
      it,' says Crofts. 'We even called the head office to check
      the alarm system but it was fine.'"
      ""Says Professor Anthony Barker of the Royal
      Hallamshire Hospital in Sheffield, 'Theoretically, the child's
      body shape could be exactly the same length as the
      wavelengths emitted by the sensors, which could trigger
      the alarm.. But I have never heard of the problem, and
      there is no obvious answer.'" (See the National Examiner
      for January 2, 2001, "Electric toddler sets off security
      alarms," page 18.)
      (Editor's Comment: First it was that little girl in Peru who
      developed heat vision, now Harry. Welcome to the Twenty-
      first Century--the dawn of the "New Mutants?")

      PROOF OF ANCIENT MACHINERY
      ON EASTER ISLAND?

      Since its discovery by the Netherlands admiral Jacob
      Roggeveen in April 1722, mysterious Easter Island and its
      equally enigmatic giant stone statues has fascinated
      researchers.
      Located 2,500 miles (4,000 kilometers) west of Chile,
      this remote island in the South Pacific (called Rapanui
      by the Polynesians--J.T.) has long been thought to have
      been part of a much larger landmass. In his 1932 book.
      Colonel James Churchward theorized that Easter Island
      was once part of the "lost continent of Mu."
      During the summer of the year 2000, a USA
      archaeological team uncovered evidence to
      suggest the presence of heavy construction machinery
      on the island centuries ago.
      "During the summer of 2000, geologist Charles M. Love
      and a crew of 17 students excavated sections of the three
      main roads that carried (giant) statue traffic. Parts of
      these roads were actually carved into the island's bedrock--
      lava flows mainly (of a type known to geologists as
      pahoehoe--J.T.)
      "Strangely, the roads were not flat but V- and U-shaped
      in cross section. They averaged 3.5 meters (11.5 feet) wide
      and were not a trivial undertaking. In some sections, the
      roads were flanked by lines of rocks. Sometimes these
      earth-stones were accompanied by pits gouged out of
      the solid rock. Usually the pits occurred where the
      roads sloped uphill."
      "Love speculates that the pits were dug to
      accommodate some 'mechanism' invented to help
      move the multi-ton (stone) heads up the inclines--a
      primitive cog railway of sorts."
      "The pits and V-shaped profiles suggest that we
      still have much to learn about the Easter Island roads
      and exactly how the ponderous heads were moved."
      (See Science Frontiers #133 for January/February
      20001, page 1. Also Discovering Archaeology,
      volume 2, number 12 for December 2000, "The Easter
      Island Mystery" by Charles M. Love.)

      From the UFO Files...

      2000: HAPPY NEW YEAR,
      COUNT SAINT-GERMAIN

      "Him?" The bartender shrugs, absentmindedly
      wiping a champagne glass. "Oh, that's What's-his-name.
      Comes in here once a year. Always on New Year's Eve.
      He ain't one of ours. European, I think. Businessman,
      maybe. Or maybe he's with one of them consulates
      in San Francisco. " He puts down
      the now-sparkling glass. "Never mind who he is, Janalee.
      Get over there and take his order."

      She us just a girl, maybe nineteen or twenty.
      Tall and tanned with an uplifted ponytail of honey-
      gold hair. Impatience mars her pretty face.
      She keeps glancing at the grandfather clock.
      The impatience finds its way into her voice, as well.
      "What are you having?"
      "Jack Daniel's, straight up," I reply.
      Without another word, she turns on her heel
      and strides back to the bar. Poor Janalee, I muse.
      It's New Year's Eve, the party night of the year. All
      of her sorority sisters are happily getting wasted,
      and she has to work. What a tragedy.
      I decide I'm not going too let one spoiled girl's
      attitude ruin my evening. This is a rather special
      night for me. It's the only night I have off all year long.
      And I like to spend it at a nice bar enjoying a drink.
      At my advanced age, it's very important to maintain
      the semblance of a normal life.
      I rather like the Brookdale Lodge. It's well worth
      the drive down from San Francisco. I've been
      coming here since 1990, ever since the Gilberts reopened
      the old place. I like the Victorian oval columns, the red v
      velvet drapery, the oak beams and, of course, the ambience.
      There's quite a colony of ghosts here. Occasionally they
      come to my table to say hello. They, at least, seem glad
      to see me.
      I know I'll have to move on some day.
      Find another bay in which to celebrate New Year's Eve.
      Time is the enemy of us all, even an Adept like myself.
      Oh, I go on, year after year, century after century,
      carrying out my assignments for the Hidden Masters.
      But not even I can keep coming back to the same place forever.
      People notice, you know. A waitress young Janalee's
      age served me at this very booth back in 1990. And
      what did she see? A European gentleman in his dark
      Saville Row suit and black topcoat. A man in his early
      sixties with a high forehead, bushy eyebrows, a long nose
      tilting downward at the tip, a blunt chin and full lips.
      But now it's New Year's Eve, 2010, and in comes that
      waitress, close to forty now, accompanied by her husband.
      She glances my way, and her eyes gleam in sudden
      recognition. But it can't be him, she thinks. He'd be...
      what? Eighty-five now!
      I see her puzzled frown, and I finish my glass of Jack
      Daniel's, and I'm on my way. It won't be safe for me
      to come back to the Brookdale for another seven or
      eight decades. It has happened before.
      Janalee brings my drink and bustles away, and I
      take a sip and listen to the music. Ahhhhh--Charlie
      Daniels. That has been my one true companion through
      the centuries--the music. There's no call for the clavichord
      any more, but I was quite handy with the violin.
      Remember New Year's Eve in 1879? That little tavern
      in western Siberia. Snow three meters deep and the
      wind howling off the taiga. I played a competitive duet
      with the Romani violinist, while the muzhiknyi drank
      and cheered. Off in the corner sat little Grigori
      Efrimovich, age eight, with his arms lopped around
      his knees, utterly entranced by the wild gypsy music.
      I match him note for note, tune for tune. The
      Romani fiddler suddenly halts. He senses something.
      He lowers his violin, makes the fica with his free
      hand, and walks away, muttering, "He is the Devil,
      that one."
      Ahhhhhh, monsieur, you were not the first to have
      made that observation.
      Janalee brings me another drink. My memory drifts
      back one hundred years, to New Year's Eve 1900, The opulent
      drawing room in London. Annie Wood Besant gushes
      like the British schoolgirl she once was. "It's here!
      The New Dawn! I can feel it!"
      I tried very hard not to laugh, for U heard the same
      thing, word for word, a century earlier. Only Adam
      Weishaupt said it in German.
      A snatch of country song catches my ear.
      "When you need me the most
      So does the coast"
      I frown. Twelve years now, and I still cannot
      fathom the meaning of those lyrics. There are other
      things I don't understand, either. Such as the American
      obsession with entertainment.
      I remember New Year's Eve in 1864. Sitting in
      that roadside tavern in Chittenden, Vermont. A roaring
      fire in the brick fireplace and a jug of hard cider on
      the oak tabletop between me and Zephaniah Eddy.
      "You know, Zephaniah," I said, a trifle sternly,
      "Your children were not given those...abilities...
      so that you could go into show business."
      "Are you kidding!?" He knocked back the glass of
      cider as if it were Pepsi. "You can make a lot of money
      in show biz. You can meet all the stars."
      "Like John Wilkes Booth?" I reply.
      "There you go!"
      Booth is the anomaly in American history--the
      only one who was a star before he became an
      assassin.
      Zephaniah was not interested in the betterment of
      humanity, only in his own. The children are his ticket
      out of that stony farm in Vermont. No more will he
      will he follow the mule's rump around the back forty.
      "Can I get you anything else, sir?"
      I look up. I have a new waitress. She's seven
      or eight years older than Janalee, a few inches shorter,
      with short chestnut brown hair and an engaging smile
      She probably wishes she could lose the ten pounds
      and keep it off. The name tag says Chris.
      "A refill would be nice. Jack Daniel's, straight up."
      I hand her the empty glass. "What happened to Janalee?"
      Chris tilts her head toward the clock. "Her shift ends
      at eleven. She's outta here!"
      "You don't mind working on New Year's Eve?"
      She grins. "Not at all. I could use the extra money.
      I've still got Christmas bills to pay, and the day care
      doesn't come cheap."
      :How many children do you have?"
      "Two." Her smile widens. "Danielle is four.
      Austin is two."
      "What does your husband do?"
      "I wouldn't know, mister." Her smile lost a
      bit of its luster. "I haven't seen him in just over a year."
      Putting the glass on her tray, she forced a grin. "Sit tight.
      I'll be right back with your J.D."
      I glance at the wide-screen TV. The news is on.
      I can barely make out the sound over Alan Jackson's
      Long-Necked Bottle. Hmmmm...how about that. A scientist
      has successfully grafted computer chips to human nerve
      endings.
      Where will this accomplishment lead in the
      new century? Will we see bionic hands, as deft and as
      nimble as Mark Hamill's in The Empire Strikes back?
      Able to snap its fingers and set a dime spinning upright
      on a tabletop.
      Or will we see legions of cyborg soldiers? Born
      in test tubes, weaned on steroids, raised in boot camps
      totally devoid of any human feeling or emotion, they exist
      only to enforce the political will of the Secretary-General.
      And if one of these unfortunate cyborg soldiers is killed or
      shredded beyond medical repair...why, just pop it down the
      incinerator chute, access the Net on your PDA and order a
      replacement from Cyborgs-R-Us.
      They make such progress...and never in the right direction.
      The TV shows clips from a football game. Sports--
      another American obsession. Remember the Army/Navy
      game in 1935? Now, where did I see that Fox Movietone
      newsreel? Ahhhh, yes, the Lyric Theatre at 802 Gay Street
      in Knoxville, Tennessee. Highlights of West Point quarterback
      Butch Blanchard's throwing game, accompanied by Lew
      Lehr's stentorian voiceover.
      Poor Butch. You should have won the Heisman
      Trophy. But fate had other plans for you, putting you in command
      of the base at Roswell twelve years later so that you could
      issue that all-important press release. The one that
      opened everyone's mind to...new possibilities.
      "...three, two, one...Happy New Year!"
      I glance at the clock. Midnight, already. It'll
      be sunrise in six hours, and I'll be back to work.
      A new year. A new century. New people to meet.
      Most of them haven't even been born yet.
      On my way to the cashier's stand, I see Chris
      standing nearby, having a moment's well-earned rest.
      Her empty tray sits on the counter. I reach for my wallet.
      What I'm about to do ensures that I won't be able to
      return next year. I'll have made myself far too
      memorable for that. But rarely can I do some immediate
      good in the world.
      I'll find another bar.
      As I pay the cashier, Chris turns to me and says,
      "Leaving so soon, sir?"
      "I'm afraid so. Tomorrow is a work day for me."
      I smile at a private joke. "A new dawn."
      "Tell me about it."
      Removing five bills from the wallet, i fold them and
      tuck them beneath the empty glass on her tray.
      "Thank you, Chris. You serve well."
      "You're welcome, sir. Have a nice drive back to
      San Francisco."
      As I head for the door, Chris glances at my tip,
      thinking, Why didn't he just leave me a five? And then
      she sees the 100 printed in the corner and Benjamin
      Franklin's enigmatic smile.
      "I must look up young Austin sometime in the next century. I'll
      take him out for a drink. Tell him what a fine waitress his mother was.
      Chris's mouth drops open. She stares in disbelief, but the
      five bills are quite genuine.
      "Whoa! Mister, wait! Hey, mister!"
      She is perhaps 45 seconds behind me as I leave
      the Brookdale. She pushed open the double doors
      and rushes into the cool, damp California night.
      There is no one in the parking lot.

      Flash forward a century, to an item in the San
      Francisco Chronicle for January 2, 2101, page 18.

      CENTENARIAN VANISHES
      FROM CARE FACILITY

      Police in Santa Cruz are investigating the strange
      disappearance of a frail, elderly man from a high-rise
      nursing home on New Year's Eve.
      Austin Mackenzie, 102, vanished shortly after 8 p.m.
      from his room on the seventeenth floor. Mackenzie, a
      lifelong resident of Santa Cruz, has been living at the care
      facility for the past 15 years.
      "I don't understand it," Nurse Paloma Chang said,
      "Mr. Mackenzie was right there in his wheelchair when I
      checked on him at eight o'clock. There's no way he
      could have left the room. He hasn't been ambulatory since
      the stroke back in 2092. This is just crazy."
      Police questioned the staff, but no one remember
      seeing Mackenzie after 8 p.m. The investigation is
      continuing.

      And two days earlier, at the Cantina Hiamanga on the
      Calle Pichincha in Andahuayllas, Peru.
      Absentmindedly drying a glass, the bartender hears
      the rustle of the bead curtain. He looks up, and his dark brown
      eyes gleam in sudden recognition.
      "Buenas noches, senor. The usual, eh? Jack Daniel's,
      straight up. You see? I remembered this year. Ah, you
      brought your father with you."
      (See Man, Myth and Magic, Marshall Cavendish Ltd., London, 1982m
      pages 2460 and 2461. Also Haunted America by Mochae;
      Norman and Beth Scott, Tor Publications, New York, N.Y.,
      pages 42 through 64.

      And off we go into the new century. Be here next week for
      more UFO and paranormal news from around the planet
      Earth, brought to you by ""the paper that goes home--
      UFO Roundup." See you next week.

      UFO ROUNDUP: Copyright 2001 by Masinaigan
      Productions, all rights reserved. Readers may post
      news items from UFO Roundup on their websites or
      in newgroups provided that they credit the newsletter and its
      editor by name and list the date of issue in which the item
      first appeared.

      or use the Sighting Report Form at:

      http://ufoinfo.com/forms/form_sighting.htm

      UFOINFO: http://ufoinfo.com

      Official Archives of the UK UFO Network Bulletin,
      AUFORN Australian UFO Reports and Experiences,
      UFO + PSI Magazine also available, plus archives of
      Filer's Files and Oz Files.