Fwd = Filer's Files #1- 2001, Merry Millennium

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2001
      Forwarded by: fwestra@...
      Originally from: Majorstar@...
      Original Subject: Filer's Files #1- 2001, Merry Millennium
      Original Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 17:10:55 EST

      Filer's Files #1 -- 2001, MUFON Skywatch Investigations
      George A. Filer, Director, Mutual UFO Network Eastern
      January 2, 2001, Sponsored by Electronic Arts; Webmaster
      Chuck Warren http://www.filersfiles.com Majorstar@....

      HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND A MERRY MILLENNIUM

      UFO SIGHTINGS HAVE BEEN FEW IN DECEMBER -- But good UFO sighting reports came
      in from New York, North Carolina, Florida, Indiana, California, Washington,
      Chile and Turkey. Although there are thousands of reports each year, the
      last five years have shown that December and the Christmas Holidays have the
      least number of reports. Perhaps people are too busy to report sightings
      during this period, but more likely the UFO aircrews go on vacation. Polls
      show that 7% of the total population have seen UFOs, but only a small
      percentage are actually reported.

      As we start the new Millennium, it is time to expose the fact that alien, and
      most likely extraterrestrial presence has been with us for many thousands of
      years. Today our newest technology such as radar and satellites are picking
      up the UFOs on a regular basis. There is also good evidence that UFOs may
      provide a safety hazard to our aircraft. Important aircraft accidents such
      as TWA Flight 800 and EgyptAir Flight 900 have numerous reports of UFOs in
      the vicinity. Jeff Challender has put together raw video footage from space
      shuttles orbiting Earth. These show incontrovertible evidence that the NASA
      downloads show UFOs moving at tremendous speed both in our atmosphere and in
      space. I personally feel many of the ancient historical and religious texts
      also tell the story of our visitors. Ancient Sumerian, Indian, Greek, and
      Biblical texts reveal that our Earth was visited by angelic messengers flying
      in strange craft that are remarkably similar to those seen today.

      Human nature has tendency to reject and bury those factors that might be a
      threat. Politicians, scientists and high ranking military appear to have the
      most to lose if it turns out these unidentified flying objects are manned by
      non human intelligence. Most of our readers realize that some UFOs may be
      natural phenomenon or classified military aircraft. However, it seems
      doubtful that humans have developed craft that can fly at 100,000 mph, but we
      should realize that we may have been fooled on occasion by clever
      counter-intelligence efforts to hide new aircraft.

      Our world still faces major environmental problems in the new Millennium.
      New diseases, an energy shortage and the threat of international terrorism
      all point to difficult times ahead. President Bush needs all the help he can
      get to overcome these serious problems in the future. It will be interesting
      to see if the new president is willing to publicize the UFO presence. His
      father and President Clinton appeared willing to ignore the problem.

      Less than a hundred years ago the Wright Brothers flew at Kitty Hawk, and now
      we are getting ready to visit other planets. For the first time in history,
      we present a threat to other intelligence's by venturing forth to other
      planets. The future of our civilization may depend on the actions we take
      regarding the visitors. We must learn more about the visitors who could
      cleverly exploit us, using religion, sex or the entertainment industry
      against us. There is evidence in the past, they attempted to give us lessons
      on how to live as brothers. It is time we matured and find ways to eliminate
      hatreds and wars as a means of settling disputes. There may be accidental
      encounters between the visitors and us. The fact they have not simply
      destroyed us indicates they choose to keep us alive. Until we know their
      plans and motives we must gain intelligence information on their intentions.

      During the last Millennium many great men have come and gone. Leaders like
      Winston Churchill, Roosevelt, scientists such as Einstein, Kepler, Tesla, and
      Bell. Its interesting that most of the greatest men also had a curiosity
      about UFOs. In reflecting about the past, I thought about those who had left
      there mark on my life. A great actor who died this year, had a great effect
      on me. I met Sir Alec Guinness in London and he was gracious and friendly.
      He was in my opinion the true superstar of the "Star Wars" movies. I think
      he knew there is a God the Creator or Father of the universe when he stated
      with a sparkle in his eye, "May the Force be with you!"

      ASTROALERT: METEOR SHOWER TO WELCOME 2001

      Periodically our earth travels through parts of the sky that are more
      dangerous because of potential asteroids. As the Sun moves through the
      galaxy it pulls the planets along with it. Once each year we circle the sun,
      but we appear to be moving into an area where there is more debris in space.
      Asteroids are relatively dense bodies that range in size from 1 to 760
      kilometers. An asteroid or even the smaller meteoroids could cause severe
      damage to the Earth. It is fortunate that we now have the ability for space
      travel and an increasing ability to spot danger in our skies. Tim Edward's
      writes, " One of the strongest annual meteor showers will peak over North
      America during the morning hours of Wednesday, January 3, 2001." The
      Quadrantid meteor shower has the capability to produce 100 meteors per hour
      at the time of maximum activity if viewed from dark rural sites away from any
      sources of light pollution. Quadrantid meteors should be seen in a remote
      region of the sky near the intersections of Draco, Hercules, and Ursa Major.
      Gary Kronk has provided a finder chart at:
      http://comets.amsmeteors.org/meteors/showers/quadrantids.html. Thanks to Tim
      Edwards tedwards@...

      NEW YORK GLOWING SPHERE

      NORTH MASSAPEQUA -- On December 2, 2000, 37 year old male and a 39 year old
      female were driving north on Hicksville Road in Nassau County. Suddenly a
      bright green light was spotted by both of them at exactly the same time. The
      witness said, "It would have appeared to have been an airplane or such,
      except for the fact that it was going straight down at rapid speed and then
      disappeared." The speed was definitely greater than an object falling from
      the sky. The object was directly in front of us at 11:15 PM and we only saw
      the object descending. We knew it cannot have been fireworks or
      ground-launched incendiary device. We looked down a few streets to see if we
      could see it where it may have landed. Witness 2 believes it landed, and
      quite possibly the light went out just before landing while moving to the
      northeast. Witness 1 believes it disappeared from view -- perhaps the light
      went out but it was still there. The object was in sight for about a minute..
      Less than 5 minutes later 3 or 4 helicopters were circling the neighborhood..
      Thanks to the MUFON's Worldwide UFO Database. http://www.mufon.com/ 1 (800)
      UFO-2166

      NORTH TONAWANDA -- Roger Hoeft III writes that back in about 1978-79 my
      brother and his wife told me of strange goings on that were occurring behind
      their home in Western New York. One evening in the fall, after dark, we
      observed a ship gliding over an empty field behind their home. This time it
      was observed from the side and had the "cigar shape" that is, long and not
      too high. There were several large picture windows, that I could see with
      binoculars. I could only see light in the windows. We watched as this one
      glided along at about 10 mph or so, and then it turned on it's side and took
      off at great acceleration towards the north. I presumed that it was an
      experimental aircraft, since the Niagara Falls Air Force base was only about
      10 miles away. Possibly this is where the craft I saw in '98 came from.
      Thanks to: Roger Hoeft III

      NORTH CAROLINA OBLONG UFO SPOTTED

      FAYETTEVILLE -- On November 30, 2000, Patricia Carter, her husband Bob, and
      her sister-in-law, Judy were driving when both ladies saw an object moving
      slowly across the sky at around 9:45 PM. Bob, thought it was a blimp. But I
      said, 'No way!' We saw red lights in an elongated pattern, on or around the
      perimeter of an oblong object. The object appeared to move at the speed a
      blimp would move, but it was too elongated to be a blimp. There didn't
      appear to be any other lights visible." "Then Bob stopped to speak with a
      man at Gray's Creek," near Fayetteville, NC. We were quite curious and
      persuaded Bob to turn the car around and follow the lights. By the time the
      object was nearly out of sight and traveling along north of the river. We
      lost sight of the object because of a line of trees that obscured our
      vision." See the Fayetteville Observer for December 2, 2000. Thanks to
      Stefan Duncan of AUFON.

      FLORIDA FLYING SAUCER SIGHTED

      CORAL SPRINGS - On December 23, 2000, a 43 year old educator saw a saucer
      shaped object with a dome at an altitude of 500 feet or less. The object was
      north of Coral Springs, only 250 feet away from the observers position at
      8:00 AM. The saucer flew back and fourth at high speed and appeared
      metallic. Its lights dimmed and eventually disappeared. The witness said,
      "I felt helpless, but I got a picture of it, but it turned out blurry."
      There was rain and a cloud cover. Thanks to the MUFON's Worldwide UFO
      Database. http://www.mufon.com/ , 1 (800) UFO-2166

      INDIANA SHINY METALLIC UFO SIGHTED

      MICHIGAN CITY -- The witness a 26 year old male was walking in Dunes National
      Park on December 21, 2000. When he got to the top of Mount Baldy at 8:45 PM,
      he looked down and noticed a shiny, metallic like tent sitting on the ground
      about fifty feet away. It had a dome with appendages. The witness states,
      "It sat there for about two minutes, then began whining, and finally took off
      at an incredible speed, making a high-pitched whining sound." I also noticed
      a strange smell. The object changed color to a bright red and finally fiery
      red heading higher and finally too far away to see. I looked at my watch,
      noticed that roughly two hours had passed. My memory and motor skills were
      effected by the incident. I had involuntary actions that included paralysis
      and a rash. Thanks to the MUFON's Worldwide UFO Database.

      MICHIGAN INVESTIGATION OF FILMED UFO

      DEARBORN -- A UFO video clip was filmed on Ford Road on September 5, 2000, of
      an odd bright light in the northeast sky at 6:50 AM. The object was only a
      few degrees above the horizon and the Sun had not come up yet. The witness
      pulled into the new Visteon building's parking lot and started filming. At
      first he thought it may be a cloud, but it actually sat motionless and then
      slowly moved to the southeast. The video shows a "ribbed" disk shaped form
      which appears underneath the "illuminated/reflecting" upper section of the
      object. The video and other UFO investigations can be seen at this excellent
      web site. http://members.home.net/tattoo89/UFO_1_Backup-1-1.mpg

      NEW MEXICO WHITE SANDS MISSILE RANGE

      OROGRANDE -- MUFON researcher Tony Rullan writes regarding Fred Wilcoxson's
      assertion last week in your files that, White Sands Missile Range (WSMR) has
      alleged underground bases. I tried to see them from the top of the mountains
      (in public lands) west of Orogrande. One day from 10 AM to 2 PM, I and two
      other MUFON members saw from the highest peak, that 30 people went into a
      tent west of Orogrande. I presume that the tent had an underground entrance
      since it was too small for that many people. Then a black helicopter landed
      and one man got off and walked into the tent. The tent was a red inflatable
      type of tent (not a normal tent). It looked like those kiddy tents build for
      kids to jump in. Anyway, I did not see any airstrip or airport for planes.
      We did see a whole bunch of helicopters (old types) to the west of Orogrande
      (nothing suspicious here) and south of where this tent was located. While I
      lived in El Paso, I met a lady who worked as secretary in an underground base
      in WSMR. The base she worked at, though, was on the East side of the range
      close to the Organ Mountains. My friend Wayne, once ran into another
      underground facility on the northern end of the range, by the Oscura
      Mountains. He saw all the air ducts from above. He does have permission to
      go into the range. With regard to Fred Willcoxon's claim of discs flying out
      of a base near Orogrande, I doubt this but anything is possible since WSMR is
      huge. Thanks to Tony Rullan

      ARIZONA UNIDENTIFIED OBJECTS

      PINAL COUNTY -- I live in a remote area of the San Tan Mountains. I have had
      several sightings over the last three years always when there was no moon.
      There is no electrical service in the area, so there is no light
      interference. At the time, I spent almost every evening outside enjoying the
      stars and the quiet. From within the mountains I observed a helicopter,
      sometimes two that followed a large object closely. It was completely dark
      with no lights, but made a strange sound. I am familiar with aircraft and
      turbine engines, but these are very quiet and have a strange sound. I
      assumed that it was a new experimental aircraft from a facility within the
      San Tans Mountains. Often these craft headed to Sacaton, where there is a
      very strange facility surrounded by orchards on the Indian Reservation.
      After finding this facility I became intrigued, because it is a very odd
      facility. I am not claiming that it is alien, but the facility and these
      sightings are interesting and may worthwhile. Thanks to the MUFON's
      Worldwide UFO Database. http://www.mufon.com/

      CALIFORNIA UFO SHOWS UP EACH YEAR

      SANTA BARBARA -- This letter was written to Dr. Leir. " On December 17,
      2000, my friend and I were on the roof when he saw an object in the sky. The
      object was almost straight up in the sky overhead, and about the size of
      Venus, but looked metallic from a reflection of the sun. Atmospheric
      distortion was evident, when comparing it to aircraft flying in the area. We
      assume the object was at a higher altitude. Looking through binoculars, I
      saw a puff of smoke or vapor from the UFO. We both lost sight of the object
      when it split into three separate smaller ones, and the total brightness went
      down. It split from one to two and from two to three. (X to x x to
      x) The split off flew north east. When I moved I lost them in the field of
      view. We viewed the object for about 7 minuets, just before 4:50 PM. This
      object has shown itself each of the past going back to 1992, during the
      Holidays. It has been witnessed by many individuals and studied by MUFON.
      Thanks to James Brandt and Dr. Leir.

      WASHINGTON FLYING FLASHING LIGHTS

      SEATTLE -- On December 23, 2000, four witnesses noticed strange flashing
      lights. A 34 year old witness is now in the military, his 33 year old wife
      and 13 their year old son were driving to Tacoma. Upon entering the Seattle
      city limits around 8:00 PM, they saw what looked like a flying police car's
      lights up in the sky. The lights were within visual range of a large
      commercial aircraft. The flashing lights came from the east and accelerated
      suddenly for about a full second, increasing from helicopter speed to full
      throttle jet fighter speed. It took about 20 seconds to cover the distance
      to the coast. Once over the water, the flashing lights made a 180 degree turn
      and returned half the original flight path. It then made a 90 degree turn
      toward the South and moved quickly out of sight. It was 500 to 1000 feet in
      altitude. The object was visible for several minutes. The object moved from
      500 feet to one mile away before disappearing. Thanks to the MUFON's
      Worldwide UFO Database.

      CHILE UFOs SIGHTED AGAIN

      There have been a series of sightings in Chile's 2nd Region in recent months..
      Local researcher Jaime Ferrer reports that a luminous object with an
      almost-rhomboidal configuration was seen on Monday, December 18, 2000, at
      22:30 hours in the area known as Ojo de Apache, two kilometers west of
      Calama. The witness Mrs. Maria Angelica was walking home on a road with no
      lighting in the area when she saw the UFO. She lives in terror, because
      every night she hears violent stomping on her rooftop that she feels are
      related to the UFO. She claims, her animal-owning neighbors have lost many
      animals to the intruders. What is m