Fw: [AABCC] Art Bell Hacked his own site

  • Jeroen Kumeling
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 1999
      ----------
      From: Jean Staffen <jstaffen@...>

      Subject: [AABCC] Art Bell Hacked his own site
      Date: vrijdag, 2. april 1999 1:40

      From: Jean Staffen <jstaffen@...>

      Art Bell admits the hacking of his site was an April 1st Joke, and puts his
      opinion about the war on record:

      The "Hack" seen on this site was a April 1st
      prank by
      myself and Keith Rowland, however it was also
      make a point. Though I do not agree in any way
      with
      what the Serbs are REPORTED to be doing, it is
      none
      of our damn business.

      The U.N. MIGHT make a case for intervention
      when
      one Nation invades another, as a Libertarian,
      even that
      causes me pause. To bomb until the Serbs agree
      change their internal policy is folly. Will we
      bomb for a
      few more days, weeks, months? Will we declare
      victory if they agree to talk? Will that end
      differences
      that have been festering longer then we have
      been a
      Nation? Is this the "NEW WORLD ORDER"? I want
      no part of it.

      If we must act beyond our own borders, then let
      us
      help those displaced by the madness. The real
      flow of
      refugees did not begin until our "goodwill
      bombing"
      began. Is our next act to be American troops on
      the
      ground? Would you see your Son or Daughter die
      change attitudes in Serbia?

      If War is to begin once again in Europe that is
      sad
      indeed, we should not light the fuse.

      If this IS the "NEW WORLD ORDER", then where
      were we when a half million Africans were
      hacked to
      death? Where were we when millions were
      slaughtered
      in Cambodia? The World is not a nice place and
      OUR
      BOMBS will not make it so.

      -- Art Bell

      See also AP story: Rights group: Rwandan
      genocide
      could have been prevented

      New hobbies? New curiosities? New enthusiasms?
      http://www.onelist.com
      Sign up for a new email list today