TUVPO UFO BLACK LIST

  • andromeda@xxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 1999
      ALEX BIRCH(BLACK LIST MEMBER)

      According to the original story, Alex and a friend were outdoors
      playing with a Brownie box camera on March 2, 1962 when they happened to see
      five unusual objects in the sky, seeming to hover over some trees. Alex
      managed to take one photo before the objects disappeared.
      That photo made him famous. Kodak experts said they could find no
      evidence of fraud. British Air Ministry and the Pentagon examined copies and
      ordered an investigation. The picture appeared in newspapers, magazines and
      on
      TV throughout the world. Alex became a celebrity guest at UFO conferences.
      But after ten years of hoopla, Alex called a press conference and
      said
      the photo was fake. He showed how he had done it, pasting images of the
      fuzzy
      UFOs on a piece of glass, then snapping a photo. At the time, some UFO
      researchers rejected the hoax story. Others said they knew it all along.
      Now, explaining why he changed his story, Alex says, "With the fame
      came a lot of misery. I faced a lot of ridicule and pressure. I decided to
      claim it was a fake in the hope that it would all go away and the pressure
      would be taken off me. But it did not work like that." He says he was often
      accused of making large sums of money with the photo but insists he made
      almost nothing.
      "The reason I have now decided to let the real story be known is
      because I think it is important that the public should know," Alex says. The
      Roswell UFO Museum wants to display his old camera alongside the photo,
      which
      they reportedly believe is authentic. But he has not decided whether to part
      with the camera yet.
      http://tatooine.fortunecity.com/acegarp/136/alex/alex.html
      more... in black list:
      Billy Meyer