Re: UFOnet: [horizions.radio] Freedom of Speech & Alien Abductions.

  • Scott Roberts
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 29, 2000
      My hope is that everyone can have healthy disagreement, but still enjoy what they are doing. I love a good debate, Russ, and you already know that about me. But what I want above anything else is for everyone to have fun doing what they are doing. And where things take a serious turn - such as abduction cases and people who are genuinely in trauma (even if they are only unsubstantited claims) - I'd like to see open dialogue and heartfelt communication.

      I'd like to see Horizons and the radio show be a part of opening up dialogue, not closing it down. However, Lan is going to continue to be tenacious. Spurious claims will receive no free lunch on our show. As we have said, "show me the alien!" If there is no emperical scientific data to back up a claim, let's work together to see what we can do to find some. That's the purpose of this radio show, and I hope everyone continues to listen, support and CONTRIBUTE. This community needs a show like this to preach beyond the choir loft.

      You know why Scotland never gained it's complete independence (but for a few short decades) from England? Because they were fraught with incessant in-fighting! That's why Scotland remained under Englisah rule. The same principle applies to this community. Continue in-fighting, and we'll get nowhere.

      In the meantime, persoanlities will conflict, but it doesn't have to be injurious or beyond the pale of common decency. I make a call, as one of Horizons' principles, for a burying of thehatchet - hopefully not in someone else's head. There have been things said and feelings hurt. However, NOBODY is beyond the ability to find a level field of play. Let personality conflicts be damned. I have always believed in the ideal that we "accomplish much more together than separate" (too bad that hasn't helped my marriage any.... sheeesh...).

      Peace to you, my friend.
      Scotty

      * * * * *

      You definitely should be the spokesperson for the group.