Filer's Files #38 -- 2000

  • Jeroen Kumeling
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2000
      Filer's Files #38 -- 2000, MUFON Skywatch Investigations
      George A. Filer, Director, Mutual UFO Network Eastern
      September 25, 2000, Sponsored by Electronic Arts, C. Warren
      Webmaster http://www.filersfiles.com - Majorstar@....

      UFO REPORTS NUMEROUS IN NORTHEAST UNITED STATES

      ASTRONAUT GORDON COOPER'S UFO FILMS

      In recently published memoirs "Leap of Faith: An Astronaut's Journey into
      the
      Unknown", by USAF Colonel L. Gordon Cooper (Ret.) recounts how he chased
      UFOs
      over Germany in his F-86. Following this experience, Cooper was very open
      minded about UFOs. He writes, "I knew an Air Force master sergeant assigned
      to a team that received an emergency call-out from Washington D.C., to the
      Pacific southwest (not Roswell.) He told me they reached a canyon and found
      a wreckage at the site. According to his friend -- and I had been around
      him
      enough to consider him a reliable guy -- a metallic disk-shaped object had
      crashed, and sitting atop the wreckage were two very human-looking fellows
      in
      flight suits, waving at them. They were hustled away, and the sergeant
      never found out who they were or what happened to them."

      As a captain stationed at Edwards Air Force Base, Calif., on May 3, 1957, he
      became aware that a metallic, saucer-shaped craft had landed (silently)
      sometime after 8:00 a.m. on base property. He alleges that the event was
      filmed by a startled technical film crew on assignment 50 yards away, the
      craft zooming out of sight when the photographers tried to approach it for a
      better camera shot. Cooper writes that, upon learning of the incident, he
      telephoned appropriate Pentagon officials, who ordered him to have all the
      film developed (but not printed) and to ship it immediately to the Pentagon.
      He adds that, before complying, he chose to peek at some of the negatives,
      which confirmed the existence of the "saucer" as described to him by the
      film
      crew. Cooper notes that he heard nothing more about the film or the results
      of any investigation. Thanks to Dwight Connelly

      ARE UFOs PROTECTING EARTH FROM ASTEROIDS?

      The newly-discovered Near-Earth asteroid 400 meter space rock (NEA) 2000
      RD53
      passed our planet on September 17, 2000, without danger of collision. Harv
      Howard writes, "Perhaps the UFOs are not only observing earthly natural
      perils, but are actually saving us for now and for a long time in the past
      from the impacts of asteroids that would have otherwise cleaned our plow.
      As
      for pulsars: when they were first discovered by an English grad student (her
      mentor took the credit), the knowledge was kept secret for several months
      because it was first assumed that they were intelligent signals. Their
      characteristics do exactly fit the model proposed for a Type III
      civilization
      as proposed by N. S. Kardashev. But then, he proposed his three types of
      civilizations to explain the earlier discovered quasars which were also
      thought to be beacons from advanced civilizations. My personal feeling is
      that they are indeed exactly what Kardashev described, but the minds of most
      humans cannot accept such a fantastic reality beyond what we humans are
      capable of ourselves. Since neither phenomena could be hidden from the
      public nor innocent scientific investigators, they had to be acknowledge;
      but
      yet were explained away as unique and totally natural. After all, what
      humans would want to believe that there are powers out there with virtually
      god-like abilities? Thanks to Harv Howard, hhoward@...

      GIANT SUNSPOTS COULD FIRE FLARES AT EARTH

      Impact an interplanetary shock wave struck Earth's magnetosphere on
      September
      15, 2000, at 0500 UT (1:00 AM EDT). Geomagnetic effects were mild and there
      were no reports of widespread aurora. However, the largest sunspots seen in
      nine years are currently on the surface of the sun, and with each rotation
      of
      the sun, they spend a little time aimed directly at the Earth. Known as
      Sunspot Group 9169, the blotch on the surface of the Sun covers about 6
      million square kilometers (12 times larger than the surface of the Earth).
      The group appeared a few days ago, and so far, it has behaved itself, but it
      could generate a huge coronal mass ejection in our direction. These result
      in spectacular Auroras, the incandescent colored night light occurring
      primarily in high latitudes of both hemispheres. This sunspot activity may
      generate aurora shows, with visibility perhaps reaching as far south as the
      Gulf of Mexico. You might take a peak at the night sky during the next few
      weeks, when ever the viewing is good and get a peak at the most dazzling
      show
      in decades. Fortunately our atmosphere protects us from most of the
      geomagnetic effects. You might watch for UFOs as well since activity seems
      to be increasing.

      NEW YORK RECTANGLE SHAPED UFO

      NEW YORK CITY - Peter Davenport reports that on September 8, 2000, the
      witness says, "My workmate and I were sitting at lunch in the cafeteria in
      Manhattan building over looking Central Park. We saw a police helicopter
      circling the park because of the UN meeting of world leaders. Then, I saw a
      reddish/amber object which seemed stationary at first, but then began to
      move
      very slowly. I kept looking and the object now was showing a bright white
      color. I pointed that to my workmate and we decided to focus on the object
      and the helicopter. It wasn't long before we noticed that the flying object
      was actually moving in a circular fashion, traveling and spinning, that was
      evident because we could see the bright white color and then reddish/amber.
      Sometimes it appeared this was a two-colored object and sometimes one. We
      became more curious when we realized that this thing was really moving
      upwards and getting smaller and that we now would only recognize the bright
      white color. We knew it was not a balloon, nor a helicopter, nor any other
      object that we can recognize. We suggested it might be a flying saucer and
      we both laughed. I still do not know what the heck this thing was but I
      know
      I had never seen anything like it before.
      NEW YORK CITY -- A second report was received on September 8, 2000,
      describing a rectangle shaped object spinning around, changing colors
      constantly from red to white. New York police helicopters circle around the
      area, but they failed to see the object. The witness believed
      they are looking down on the city instead of up at the object. Object are
      climbing upwards and gets further away. Thanks to Peter Davenport NUFORC
      http://www.ufocenter.com/

      NEW JERSEY FLYING TRIANGLE UFO

      WALDWICK - I spoke on the phone with Brian McCrudden who says, "Some of my
      family and friends have witnessed strange lights and a triangle shaped craft
      in the sky starting on September 5th and continuing thru September 8, 2000."
      All sightings happened at night. The footage I shot is an object that
      changes form very fast. It looks like a worm at times. It jumps all over
      the place changing into different shapes. And at two different times it
      emits a green wave of light that is on the film. On September 7th my friend
      and I saw an extremely bright object moving over the tree tops. The light
      from the object lit up the woods below like it was day light. We live on
      White's Pond and have seen many strange UFOs. One object looked like a
      burning candle with a golden yellow center. It moved right over where we
      were standing. Frankly we got scared and my friend an I ran like hell back
      to the house. The objects seem to be circling our area. Brian indicated
      their home is on the standard flight path into Newark and they are use to
      seeing standard planes, but these are very different. Thanks to
      bjmccrud@... and Larry Clark nymufon@....

      NEW JERSEY FLYING RECTANGLE

      WAYNE -- I have investigated the Debra Yetman case more thoroughly and the
      witness has provided more detailed information concerning her May 15, 2000,
      UFO sighting. Debra filled out the MUFON forms and wrote: "Sitting in my
      backyard, 2:30 in the afternoon, I was reading Linda Moulton Howe's book
      "Glim
      pses of Other Realities, Vol. II". I don't know what made me look up other
      than wishing to myself how much I wish I knew for sure if these are real
      occurrences. I still remember the absolute shock I felt because they were
      not like anything I ever read or heard about from other people. They were
      just above the tree line so you could see it was not a bird, kite, balloon
      or
      plane. Two solid black objects moving at a 'fast pace.' There was no
      lights, no sound, nothing else to see! It was so close, I could see that
      they appeared totally solid from my ground point of view. One came right
      after the other moving in the formation I drew. They were probably the size
      of (in length) of a small car. The objects flew over the house then my yard
      and me! They then flew over the trees in my yard which are very high, 75 to
      100 feet tall continuing out of sight once over those trees. My reaction
      was
      shock and disbelief in my own eyes, because I could not imagine what they
      were. Still I can't except they must be UFOs. There was no chance to run
      and get a camera, it happened so fast. The dog was scared and wanted to go
      in. She didn't bark, but ran to the door with her tail between her legs. I
      went with her, and got scared and stayed inside for awhile. No one else was
      home.

      Editors Note: During September there have been almost nightly sightings in
      this general area of Northern New Jersey only ten miles west of New York
      City. Debra made a nice drawing of the two black objects that were
      rectangle
      in shape. Assuming they were twenty feet long they were about two feet
      thick
      and three feet wide. Moving north east at 50 mph they flew directly over
      the
      witness at an altitude of 100 feet. They look similar to the shape of a two
      by four. This particular odd shape flying wing has been seen in New Jersey
      before. One was see flying over Teterboro Airport by aircraft engineers and
      by police in Medford. This general area has had sightings periodically for
      fifty years.

      PENNSYLVANIA TRIANGULAR PATTERN LIGHTS

      HERMITAGE -- On September 9, 2000, my two friends and I were hanging out in
      the one friends backyard, which is actually located on the main business
      strip of our town. They were sitting at a picnic table and I was standing.
      I was talking when I looked up, I saw something fly overhead between two 40
      feet trees. I quickly turned and took a few steps to my left and watched
      the
      object disappear into the night sky. My friends got up from the table and
      asked, "Did you see that?" We discussed what we saw and each drew pictures
      of what we saw. It did not appear to be flying at an altitude greater than
      couple hundred feet. It was absolutely silent. We all saw the same thing.
      It was moving west to east but not at a moderate speed. It did not bank
      like
      a plane would and swiftly moved to the right. It consisted of three
      rectangular lights, gold-amber in color, not terribly bright, but
      distinct--no halos or blurriness to them. It was hazy that night. The
      rectangles were in a triangular pattern, one on top, two on the bottom as if
      there was one for each point on a triangle. Thanks to Peter Davenport
      NUFORC
      http://www.ufocenter.com/

      PENNSYLVANIA ROD SHAPED UFO

      BETHLEHEM -- Margaret Kichline writes, "This morning, September 16, 2000,
      went outside to see some deer that were in our neighbors back yard at 6:45
      AM." I walked around the back end of our wooded property checking out
      things
      and saw an object traveling very fast, that was silvery white-rod shape. I
      ran into my house to get my binoculars. The object looked strange with no
      wings at all. It was about an inch to 2 inches in size without the
      binoculars and it made no sound. The object had a faint white blinking
      light
      in the center. I followed it until I couldn't see it anymore going toward
      the airport in the clear blue sky. I watched it halfway through it's course
      and saw a low flying airliner crossing in another direction. It was very
      low
      and I could see it in detail without binoculars. Thanks to Margaret
      Kichline
      vixalien@... (Margaret Kichline)

      DELAWARE FLYING TRIANGLE

      WILMINGTON - On September 16, 2000, a mother daughter and three grandkids
      saw
      a very strange flying triangle. In each corner there was a bright white
      light. Each light blinked in turn one after the other. The object just
      hovered there and a very faint humming sound could be heard. There seemed
      be a little mist or haze around it. We didn't know what it could be. After
      a while in one corner there were two lights that shone, one bright white and
      the other was bright red. They flashed as the object slowly started to move
      away, then in a bright flash of light it was gone. There was a small trail
      of light left behind, but then it soon faded. Thanks to Peter Davenport
      NUFORC http://www.ufocenter.com/

      NORTH CAROLINA DISC UFO REPORT A HOAX

      MUFON Investigator Rex Peterson writes that the North Carolina story is a
      hoax perpetuated by someone who uses various aliases such as Paul Novak,
      Grendel 1, Grendel The Martyr, and Sceptic Trooper, etc. Apparently, Paul
      Novak chooses to spend a couple hours unashamedly typing out fake UFO
      reports.

      Editor's Note: I have often mentioned, "These are initial reports and need
      further investigation." I admit we have difficulty in determining if
      someone
      is dishonest when sending or calling in a report. This particular report
      was
      detailed and several typed pages long. It probably took more than an hour
      write. Most of the key details of the story such as the loss of life in the
      Hurricane Floyd , the flooding on Tar River, NC and other details seemed
      accurate. Our investigations, phone calls, travel costs are at our cost on
      volunteer basis. The final reports are signed. We consistently find that
      99% of the 300 people a month reporting UFO reports are truthful. Generally
      people are quite excited by their sighting. These initial reports are
      reported has quickly as possible to you the reader, and investigation is
      done
      after the fact usually taking many months. When ever possible our
      investigators interview the persons who wrote the report and have them sign
      form indicating their willingness to stand behind their report.

      As an Intelligence officer and flier who spent twenty years in the Air Force
      it came to my attention that UFOs are traveling in our skies at high speeds
      in disregard for the safety of the flying public. Almost every major
      aircraft accident such as TWA Flight 800 and EgyptAir 990 often involve
      reports of UFOs often by hundreds of people. I personally chased a UFO
      while
      in the Air Force while serving in England. London Control directed our
      intercept of the target UFO that was hovering over the Stonehenge area.
      UFOs
      are treated very seriously by the government, millions of pages of
      government
      documents have already been released. My experiences have shown me that
      this
      is very serious to the US and UK. High ranking retired military personnel
      in
      France, recently released their historic document "UFOs and Defense: What
      Should We Prepare For?" written by the French Association. Initiated by
      four-star General Bernard Norlain, former Commander of the French Tactical
      Air Force and Military Counselor to the Prime Minister, COMETA, or
      "Committee
      for In-Depth Studies", is composed of French generals, admirals, engineers,
      doctors, physicists, and other high-ranking officials including the Chief of
      National Police, and the Research Director of the French equivalent of NASA.
      Cooperation between various governments is encouraged. China has asked for
      international cooperation partially do to a UFO and commercial aircraft
      collision.

      Dr. Edgar Mitchell, the Apollo 14 astronaut who was the sixth man to walk on
      the moon, strongly supports such cooperation. Along with five-star Admiral
      Lord Hill-Norton, the former head of the British Ministry of Defense and
      Major Gordon L. Cooper, one of America's original seven Mercury astronauts,
      Mitchell is calling for Congressional hearings to shed light on the UFO
      question. "People have been digging through the files and investigating for
      years now. The files are quite convincing. Occasionally the skeptic will
      attempt to hoax a sighting, but I personally feel they do more damage to
      their own cause than they realize. Our goal is to obtain valid sightings
      and
      to determine exactly what is going on.

      GEORGIA FLYING TRIANGLE

      LA GRANGE - Researcher John Thompson writes, "I had a person in my office
      say
      that they along with 4 other adults saw a triangle shaped craft, with four
      large non-blinking lights Labor Day night. It was going north towards
      LaGrange. It was very high, and moved at a speed like a satellite. A large
      central brilliant white light on its bottom came on. The light,
      interestingly, faded on and faded off like a dimmer is twirled and then
      twirled back quickly. The light expanded and then rapidly contracted.
      After
      flying past they heard a "dim humming noise" like a B-2 Stealth bomber makes
      which one of the witnesses has seen fly over during an airplane show in
      Columbus. No one thought it was an airliner. No lights were seen blinking
      or of any other color besides white. It was seen at 10:00 PM on September
      4,
      2000, on a clear night. Their drawing of the craft shows a huge diffused
      light covering about half of the triangle shaped craft they saw. The three
      other white and much smaller lights were at each corner of the craft.
      Thanks
      to John Thompson

      MISSISSIPPI CONTRAILS WITNESS SILVERY DISC

      TUPELO -- On September 16, 2000, a silvery disc flew from west to east
      against clear blue sky. My wife had called me out to view the contrails
      crisscrossing the morning sky. I retrieved my binoculars to try to identify
      the aircraft when the disc appeared just below a fresh con-trail. I pointed
      it out to my wife, and she saw it without the aid of binoculars. The disc
      was about 10,000 feet high and the sighting lasted from 20 to 30 seconds.
      Thanks to Peter Davenport NUFORC http://www.ufocenter.com/

      AZORES UFO REPORTS

      LAJES FIELD -- Henry Deitchman writes, "During the many years of my life as
      an Air Traffic Controller, it was always a fantasy of mine to one day see a
      UFO. In 1973, my fantasy was realized while working as a controller at the
      Radar Approach Control at Lajes Field, Azores Islands in the middle of the
      Atlantic. My first few months there were quiet, but then the Arab/Israeli
      War started and the USAF started resupplying Israel with arms. During the
      entire time of the resupply airlift, a few weeks, the radar and tower
      controllers encountered not less than one UFO incident per day. It got so
      bad that we even started sending out NAVY P-3 Sub Chasers our electronic
      warfare airplanes, covertly, to try to identify where they were coming from,
      but all efforts proved useless. The UFO's would follow our aircraft during
      the day and even make low approaches to the runway at night. None of the
      controllers were afraid of collisions, but it did bother us keeping in mind
      who we were in control of and who the observers were. Before you ask, yes,
      we did have fun with them. Occasionally we would turn an F-4 to chase them,
      not that we thought we could catch something that fast, but it kept us all
      honest and broke the monotony. All considered, it was a fantastic
      experience. Except the debriefing afterwards by some officers sent in from
      the states." Thanks to CAUS and Henry Deitchman

      AUSTRALIA MYSTERY CROSS AND PRINTS

      Australian researcher Barry Taylor reports a local lady contacted him
      regarding a mysterious 'cross' that had appeared on her arm during the
      night.
      Also, there were mysterious 'finger' print marks on her bedroom mirror.
      The
      question is, "did the same 'entity' that scratched the cross on her arm,
      leave these mysterious finger prints on her bedroom mirror? A full DNA
      sampling of the prints was undertaken with the assistance of the Scientific
      Research group 'Phenomena Research Australia.' The results showed NO Human
      DNA, in fact no DNA at all of what could have made these prints. There was
      an unusually high density bacterial culture found in the prints. This is
      also unexplainable. the physical proof we are looking for that
      'inter-dimensional beings ' are visiting Humans in their own homes at night?
      Or does it have an 'Earthly' explanation, and all we have to do is find it?
      Thanks to Barry Taylor stingray@...> The print images and
      details are now posted at: http://www.nor.com.au/users/stingray/latesite.htm

      AUSTRALIA GUN SURRENDER INCREASES CRIME

      Bill Velek, Pro-Gun Judge and Prosecutor writes: "I thought you all would
      like to see the real figures from Down Under." It has now been a year since
      gun owners were forced by a new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms
      be destroyed by the Australian government, a program costing taxpayers more
      than $500 million dollars. The first year results are: In Australia
      homicides are up 3.2 percent, assaults are up 8.6 percent, and armed
      robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)! In the state of Victoria
      alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. (Note that while the
      law-abiding citizens turned in their guns, the criminals did not.) For 25
      years we had a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has
      changed drastically upward in the past year, since the criminals now are
      guaranteed that their prey is unarmed. There has also been a dramatic
      increase in break-ins and assaults of the elderly. Australian politicians
      are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased after such the
      large
      cost of ridding Australian society of guns. The Australian experience
      proves
      what happens when guns are taken from the hands of honest citizens. Gun
      control laws affect only the law-abiding citizens. At least 83,000,000 gun
      owners behaved peacefully today. Thanks to: Bill Velek
      http://www.velek.com/bill/boycott.

      WHY OIL AT HIGHEST PRICE SINCE GULF WAR?

      Demand for oil is at an all time high causing prices to soar. Many emerging
      nations are using more oil than ever before. China for example, now uses
      33.9 million barrels every day, more oil than the US and Europe combined.
      The US produces 12% of the world's oil, yet consumes 26% of it. During the
      last five years, the U.S. demand for oil went from 17.7 million barrels per
      day to 19.9 million barrels, a 12% jump, according to the EIA data. The US
      has the ability to produce more oil, but it would require drilling in
      Alaska.
      Saudi Arabia provides 60% of the oil from the Persian Gulf. Surprise, IRAQ
      is America's SECOND BIGGEST OIL SUPPLIER, 29% of the total American oil
      imports from the Persian Gulf. Perhaps if we quit bombing Iraq, the price
      of
      oil would fall. It might surprise you to learn that OPEC accounts for about
      40% of the world's oil supply. The US and many European nations went to war
      to defend Kuwait and its oil in 1990, but they only provide 10% of the U.S.
      Persian Gulf imports. OPEC is an eleven nation oil cartel that fixes the
      price of oil worldwide. This price -fixing organization is illegal under
      the
      antitrust laws in most advanced nations. Higher oil prices may be key to
      the
      US election.

      WERNHER VAN BRAUN'S FBI FILES

      Tim Cooper advises that the CIA and JIOA had created files on von Braun in
      1945 and he and his brother were interrogated after they surrendered to the
      U.S. Army. Von Braun was smuggled into Canada by the OSS first, and then
      came to the U.S. through Operation OVERCAST. Approximately 100 of von
      Braun's rocket team were secretly working for the U.S. Army's Rocket
      Division
      at White Sands and Fort Bliss from 1945-1947 under a one-year contract which
      was periodically renewed. In 1947 Operation OVERCAST was changed to
      PAPERCLIP after it was known that Truman approved of the recruitment of the
      German team. Von Braun was allowed to cross into Mexico under the
      supervision of Army CIC to recruit more Germans but were later restricted
      Fort Bliss and White Sands until 1948. Army CIC purged his PAPERCLIP file
      before being investigated by the State Department and FBI and was cleared
      of
      war crimes. Approximately 200 Nazi scientists were similarly protected from
      extradition orders to stand trial at Nuremberg. Please see;
      http://home.earthlink.net/~rcollins637/reports/von_braun_fbi_file48.htm

      THE 11TH GREAT UFO CONGRESS will be held at the Days Inn in Bordentown, NJ
      on
      October 7 and 8, 2000. Scheduled speakers are Tom Carey -Roswell Crash,
      Hans
      Holzer, Life After Death, Antonio Huneeus UFO Briefing Document, Don Ecker
      The Dark side of the Moon, Vicki Ecker - In search f the Secret Keepers,
      Mike
      Mannion -Project Mind Shift, Pat Marcattilio -The Origins of Civilizations,
      James Mosely - A Skeptical Ufologist and Sam Sherman - Edwards AFB Encounter

      NEW NASA SHUTTLE VIDEO OF UFOs IN SPACE

      Jeff Challender has prepared a new tape of various UFOs that were caught on
      recent Shuttle video footage. Jeff has noticed that when NASA is picking up
      UFOs they have tendency to first zoom in to observe the UFO better and then
      they cut the feed to the outside world. Jeff spends hundreds of hours
      watching the shuttle broadcasts from space. He is now an expert on NASA
      missions and even those onboard the shuttle are likely to see what Jeff
      does.
      He has gained his experience from watching numerous shuttle missions and
      using Jeff's directions you will be able to learn the difference between
      space junk, ice crystals and real UFOs. Using his experience you can also
      learn the difference. One segment has 24 UFOs watching the shuttle from
      space. I feel confident we could go into a court of law and convince any
      jury that there are UFOs moving at high speed around the Earth. Send $25
      to:
      Jeff Challender
      2768 Mendel Way - Sacramento, California 95833-2011

      US GOVERNMENT UFO PROOF RELEASED: Audio tapes of a genuine UFO Alert at
      Edwards Air Force base and studied by the Foreign Technology Division at
      Wright Patterson Air Force Base, are now available for distribution to the
      public. Sam Sherman's audio documentary tape called THE EDWARDS AIR FORCE
      BASE ENCOUNTER on the night of October 7, 1965, uses the actual voice
      recordings provided by the Air Force. During this event 12 high tech
      luminous UFOs invade secure air space and came down low over the runways at
      Edwards AFB. Tower operator
      Sgt. Chuck Sorrels spotted them and notified the Air Defense
      Command. Sgt. Sorrels is heard on the original tapes and in a new segment
      where he verifies the event as it is heard on the archival recordings. The
      UFOs are described and a decision is made to launch F-106 fighter
      interceptors. You are there for an important part of UFO history. Hear it
      for yourself, it's the best UFO tape ever made. Tape cost is $14.95 each
      plus $2.00 for shipping - total $16.95 -- (for overseas orders-out of US -
      add $6.00 shipping cost --total -- $20.95) you can send either a personal
      check or money order to: Independent International Pictures Corp, Box 565,
      Dept. GF, Old Bridge, New Jersey 08857.

      MUFON UFO JOURNAL -- For more detailed monthly investigative reports
      subscribe by contacting MUFONHQ@.... Mention I recommended you for
      membership. Filer's Files is copyrighted 2000 by George A. Filer, all
      rights
      reserved. Readers may post items from the files on their Web Sites provided
      that they credit the newsletter and its editor by name and list the date of
      issue that the item appeared. Caution: Most of these are initial reports
      and
      need further investigation. Send your letters to Majorstar@....
      Sending
      mail automatically grants permission for us to publish and use your name.
      Please state if you wish to keep your name, address, or story confidential.