Re: Source of Teloliths

  • Don Bennett
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2000
          Peter Johnson
          Thank you for your e-mail
          Back in the '60's, it was the late Stephen N. Green, Gem Village, CO.  I visited him on my way from Apollo (Downey CA) to SkyLab (Denver CO) in 1969.  A number of years later I bought about 40 pounds from a gentleman in the Mojave desert, north of Edwards AFB and west of Boron.  Unfortunately, my stepchildren have "organized" my stuff so well that most of it has disappeared.  I've got one piece that weighs 580 grams.  It's much too large for one person.  I'll have to break it up.  It's about 110 mm X 80 mm X 40 mm.  The piece I used in 1963 (since broken, the pieces lost) was roughly a one inch cube.  Send a self addressed stamped (oops! Won't work!  You're in Australia!  Where is Auforn?  Is it near Woomera?) bubble pak to D. P. Bennett, 516 Hagar Street, San Fernando, CA  91340-2326 and I'll send you a piece with a Xerox copy of the instructions for tuning it.  Alternatively, go to a Rock Shop and ask for Uluxite.  It's a mineral compound of Boron, with needle crystals, commonly called "television stone" because the needle crystals form a natural fiber optic effect. (Another problem.  I seem to recall that Uluxite is found only in the Mojave Desert, near Boron.  Oh, well.  Check around.) When you secure a crystal, e-mail me and I'll scan the tuning instructions and e-mail them to you.  Fair enough?
          Donald P. Bennett
          Secretary of the Astrolitic Legation
      You can visit The Astrolitic Legation's website (under construction) at
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 11, 2008
        This one goes back aways, but I encountered it in a round-about way
        while searching for information on S.N. Green of Gem Village,
        Bayfield, Colorado. Green was the fellow who introduced George Hunt
        Williamson to William Dudley Pelley. Fascinating to learn something
        about this aspect of his career and I would be delighted to
        correspond with Don Bennett if he is still around.

        I can scan an article by G.H. Williamson from 1954 which gives some
        background. Apparently, GHW was invited by Green to speak to a
        Colorado radio audience in late August 1953.

        Vance