Fwd = Filer's Files #26 Salute to the UFO Patriots

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3 4:08 PM
      Forwarded by: fwestra@...
      Originally from: Majorstar@...
      Original Subject: Filer's Files #26 Salute to the UFO Patriots
      Original Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 17:29:14 EDT

      Filer's Files #26 -- 2000, MUFON Skywatch Investigations
      George A. Filer, Director, Mutual UFO Network Eastern
      July 3, 2000, Majorstar@..., Sponsored by Electronic Arts
      Web Site at: http://www.filersfiles.com.-Chuck Warren Webmaster.

      ON JULY 4TH, WE SALUTE THOSE AMERICANS AND OUR ALLIES who have given their
      lives, their fortunes, to support democracy in the US and other nations.
      Many of us are convinced that our Earth is being visited by alien craft.
      These aliens may be our friends or a deadly enemy, but to ignore them is
      foolishness. We encourage the news media to consider that we receive
      thousands of reports each year from witnesses who see, photograph and
      video UFOs. One eyewitness in a court of law can convict and put to death
      a murderer. Why are multiple witnesses ridiculed and ignored if they see a
      UFO? Just look at NASA shuttle tapes with an open mind. There are UFOs all
      over the place. I'm convinced it is our patriotic duty to find the answer
      to what is in our skies. Ignoring a threat does not make it go away. I
      have numerous friends who have served our country gallantly who have
      chased or seen UFOs, I wish to thank the patriots who had the courage to
      report UFOs despite the ridicule. In some ways this is harder than going
      into battle. Have a great summer.

      THE EARTH WILL REACH ITS GREATEST DISTANCE FROM THE SUN this year on the
      4th of July, but don't expect a break from the heat of northern summer.
      The Earth has a slightly elliptical orbit around the sun. The sun is in an
      eleven year solar storm cycle that appears to effect UFO activity. Low
      solar storm activity and high number of reports. Now with high solar storm
      activty, reports in June are about half the number of last year's. Low UFO
      activity may reflect the high cost of aviation fuel this year? But since
      1947, when high UFO activity was first reported there appears to a reverse
      relationship between solar storm activity and UFO reports. Air Force Blue
      Book files reveal over a thousand reports for 1952, 1957, and 1966 years
      with relatively low solar activity.

      TEN PERCENT OF UFO REPORTS REMAIN UNEXPLAINED

      Royal Air Force Director of Intelligence, R. V. Jones, states in the
      Condon Report that, "Over the period from January 1959 to September 1967,
      the British Ministry of Defence received 6254 UFO reports. Seventy remain
      unexplained after investigation. For comparison, the American figures,
      given by the Staff of Project Bluebook are 6817 alleged sightings in the
      years 1953 to 1965, of these, 1248 were reported too vaguely to allow an
      attempt at explanation. Of the remaining 5569, there were 237 for which
      explanations could not be found. Summarizing the British and American
      experience, it appears perhaps 10% of the sightings cannot be explained.
      In this residue, it is probable that the majority of witnesses have made
      substantial errors in their descriptions. A point of dispute is whether
      after such errors have been allowed for, there is enough left that is
      unexplained to make us think that there is a gap in our knowledge either
      of natural phenomena or of an extraterrestrial invasion of our atmosphere,
      perhaps by intelligently controlled spacecraft." The Scientific Study of
      Unidentified Flying Objects, Dr. Edward Condon Director, pages 929-930

      HINTS OF LIFE ON MARS -- The crust of the planet Mars may hold two to
      three times more water than scientists had previously believed.
      Additionally, new photos show obvious areas of water erosion apparently
      caused by flowing water. Water is the universal solvent that life must
      have to exist. Scientists appear a little perplexed since the
      temperatures are thought to average only -50 Centigrade and water on Earth
      freezes at O Centigrade. Apparently the water on Mars is not the same as
      our water, it is probably much heavier. This finding is based on a study
      by Dr. Laurie A. Leshin of Arizona State University, whose report will be
      published in Geophysical Research Letters on July 15. She compared the
      amount of deuterium, an isotope of hydrogen, found in the Martian
      atmosphere. Deuterium, a heavier form of hydrogen, combines with oxygen to
      make "heavy" water. In today's thin Martian atmosphere, water has a
      deuterium-to-hydrogen ratio five times higher than is found in water on
      Earth. The heavy water compound mixed with other chemicals found in sea
      water may have a much lower freezing temperature than water here on Earth.
      Comets probably carried water rich in deuterium to Mars since they have
      the same ratio of deuterium as Martian interior water. The core of Mars
      may generate heat thawing the water of the planets anciet ocean. There
      have been reports of geysers and infrared indications that heat exists.
      Our ancestors may have been Martian since some hardy Martian organisms may
      have survived a journey through space and colonized Earth. As you read
      this, flash floods may be carving new channels on Mars as photography
      shows clear evidence of erosion caused by floods. These new findings point
      to the likelihood of life on Mars, since almost every where on Earth where
      water has been found life exists. Life flourishes in even the most
      unlikeliest places such as 10,000 feet below the surface in Antarctica.
      Scientists claim its just too cold on Mars for life but ethylene glycol or
      methyl alcohol retard freezing and melt ice. We use them everyday in our
      autos to keep them from freezing. We may have unknown chemicals, minerals,
      or unknown heat sources that occur on Mars that create flowing water.

      "Obviously Mars looks dry from photographs, but it is quite possible that
      a layer of permafrost exists beneath the planet's surface evaporating into
      the atmosphere at a very slow rate. There is even the possibility that, in
      some regions, sufficient water is collected to form subsurface oceans."
      These are not my ideas, but they are contained in the Air Force's
      Environmental Space Science's Book taught at the Air Force Academy 1972.

      Every few years tremendous windstorms occur on Mars with 200 mph winds
      that raise voluminous dust clouds and obscure the surface. When these
      winds subside, there is a noticeable greening of the planet. This greening
      according to scientists is actually greenish ferrites making it appear the
      planet has vegetation or micro organisms similar to lichen. This is called
      false foliage, but perhaps there really is a form of life? Up until a few
      weeks ago, we were told there was little or no water and no life on Mars
      based on findings from the Viking Lander. I suggest inaccurate testing was
      accomplished by the Viking Lander.

      NEW YORK CITY BLACK DISC

      MANHATTAN -- On Tuesday, June 27, 2000, five witnesses observed a partial
      black ring which they described as a flattened "U" shape slowly movng
      overhead across the sky towards the northeast at 8:00 PM. The sky was
      light in the early summer evening when five witnesses saw a donut or "U"
      shaped craft. It was different from the sky and was likely a light colored
      material which was blocking our view of the rest of the dark ring, thereby
      creating the initial impression of the flattened "U" shape. All I can say
      is, the way it looked and the way it moved it was not tumbling or changing
      orientation. It was a black partial ring with a light sky-colored or
      perhaps shiny reflective material transmitting the color of the sky. It
      filled the interior and seemingly blocked our view of the rest of the
      black ring, giving a black flattened "U" shape moving slowly, steadily,
      and solidly across the sky. It was an unusual ring flew out of site due to
      extreme distance. I have seen nor heard of no other which quite fits the
      same description, although I have been studying this field for several
      decades. It is hard to determine the size, but I would guess it was a bit
      smaller than a 747 aircraft at 3 or 4000 feet up. There were five of us
      watching the object as it flew over lower-mid-Manhattan heading
      east-northeast. The consensus was we saw a UFO. Thanks to Larry Clark
      www.nymufon.org. and Steve Jones gargoyle@...

      NEW JERSEY ELLIPTICAL BLACK UFO SEEN

      MONTCLAIR -- On Saturday, June 18, 2000, at approximately 7:00 PM, Max
      Gebhardt sighted a strange dark object high in the sky. Max reported, "The
      UFO approached from the northwest and departed to the west. It was a very
      small black object, possibly a U-2 or a low-orbit satellite, very near the
      air traffic corridors." Montclair is only 13 miles west of New York City.
      "I lost sight of it after 15 minutes due to its size. It was tiny, black,
      elliptical, possibly very far away, maybe 20 to 30 miles flying at 30,000
      feet at about 550 miles per hour." Thanks to UFO Roundup Vol. 5 # 26 June
      29, 2000 Editor: Joseph Trainor

      GEORGIA GREEN BEAM" AND "SHOOTING STAR

      TROUP COUNTY -- Researcher John Thompson reports a father, his
      fourteen-year-old son and friend saw a strange "green beam" in the sky on
      Saturday, June 17, 2000." Standing outside on Old Chipley Road at 1:30 AM
      the two boys saw the beam while looking southeast towards Pine Mountain.
      Turning around one boy said, "Do you see that?" The other, looking up,
      replied "Yea." At about a half-a-mile way, perhaps in extreme north Harris
      County, the boys saw a laser-like "ocean-green beam" standing between a
      low-hanging cloud and the ground. The beam was perpendicular to the ground
      and had an equal diameter its entire length. The somewhat dark green beam
      did not expand or retract; it was just there when they saw it. Watching
      the beam for "four seconds" one boy said it "totally went away." It did
      not fade; recede or contract but simply vanished while the boys had their
      eyes on it. Ten to fifteen seconds later, the boys saw a strange bright
      white shooting star fly south where the beam had just been seen. This
      seemed a rather odd coincidence. To this investigator it brought to mind a
      stranger incident in south Troup County that seemed to have a "cause and
      effect" relationship involving a "shooting-star" like object. On October
      10, 1996, a TV producer was driving northwest on the Big Springs-Stovall
      Road at around 10:00 PM when he noticed a bright, white, star-like light
      above a hill to his north. On the nearby hill, he noticed some kind of dim
      light or reflection. As he continued to drive, a standing "circle of red
      lights" on edge shot across the Stovall Road only fifty feet in front of
      him towards the illuminated "target" on the hill. After the 8 to 10 feet
      wide revolving circle of red lights hit the "target," the bright "star"
      shot away out of sight. The producer was entirely unnerved by the incident
      and initially thought someone had shot tracers at him, but could not
      explain the cause and effect relationship he had witnessed. He had not
      heard any gunshots.

      Strongly illuminated beams were seen in South Troup County in August of
      1995, on the Willie Hodnet Road. A married couple saw a square box over a
      pasture casting a white beam straight down. The beam they saw retracted
      and expanded but, like the latest incident, did not widen at any point. A
      third person saw this same UFO from a different vantage point. On January
      8, 1998, just north of LaGrange on Highway 219, another married couple saw
      an intense beam start in mid-air and go down to the ground a hundred feet
      below. This wide beam was so intense they said that it could not be seen
      through. At no time during all of these beam sightings was any sound heard
      or aircraft/search lights found to be responsible. The normal cast of
      characters was contacted to find, perhaps, a mundane explanation for the
      Old Chipley Road sighting. Calls to Callaway Gardens and its nearby
      airport showed that there were no lights of any kind displayed. Mr. Brad
      Castleberry, a civilian public affairs officer at Ft. Benning, said none
      of their fixed or rotary wing aircraft were in the Troup-Harris County
      area or had the capability to display a green beam. An earlier call to
      another source at Ft. Benning revealed that any craft based there capable
      of casting light only have a "night-sun" light capability. A "night-sun"
      light mounted on an aircraft illuminates an area beneath it much like
      daylight, but does not project a narrow beam. Calls to Troup County 911
      and the Pine Mountain police brought forth no other reports. The
      ocean-green beam remains unexplained. The shooting star may have only been
      a coincidence. Weather on the night of the sighting was scattered cloud
      cover with light wind and a temperature of around 70 degrees F. Ceiling
      was unlimited, visibility excellent and a near full moon out. The
      witnesses, despite their relative young age, are judged reliable. Thanks
      to John C. Thompson Copyright, 2000. All rights reserved.
      gingerjohn@...

      MICHIGAN THREE BLACK SPHERE'S CAUGHT ON CAMERA

      SAULT SAINT MARIE -- I had gone out in front of my house with a digital
      camera on June 15, 2000, to take a series of photographs, and to try out a
      new panoramic photo construction program for my computer. I took a total
      of eleven photo's of three black sphere's, in a 360 degree circle from the
      ground to the sky using a tripod, at about 5:30 PM-EST. I then went back
      in the house, copied the jpg. photo's from the disk in the camera onto my
      hard drive, and constructed the panorama. As I was scrolling around in a
      circle, I could see a small black dot in the sky to the west. The program
      allows you to zoom in, so when I did this, the dot appears to be a black
      sphere. I zoomed out and scrolled to the north, and there were two more
      black spheres'. In the photo, they almost appear to be in a large
      triangle formation. I would estimate the size of them in the photo to be
      about the size of a pencil eraser held at arm's length. I have the photo
      at 768x1024 pixels. Thanks to Peter Davenport NUFORC www.ufocenter.com.

      ILLINOIS BLACK TRIANGULAR CRAFT

      GREENFIELD -- On June 14, 2000, the witness reports, "I walked outside and
      looked west at a 2 o'clock position in the sky. I noticed nine brightly
      flashing lights in a V shape and moving in perfect formation and in unison
      at 9:30 PM. I immediately called a friend to look and we were on the phone
      as we both watched the black triangular craft. The lights were not quite
      as big as Venus appears, but they were blinking randomly. The open part of
      the V was at least 5 to 6 full moons across. Commercial aircraft would not
      have been in such a formation, and military aircraft at that distance
      would have been heard. There was no sound as they moved east to west
      across the sky at about the same speed as commercial jet aircraft. If
      these were multiple aircraft the formation was perfect. I watched them
      until they passed behind some trees. My friends who were still on the
      phone with me reported it moved west for at least another five minutes.
      They reported seeing an obviously recognizable airplane in the vicinity of
      the black triangle.

      CAHOKIA MOUNDS -- We were driving past the mounds on an old road near
      Route 111 on June 16, 2000, when we saw a strange light but just figured
      it to be an airplane. At 9:45 PM, as we got closer we could tell it was no
      airplane. It had four lights with blue and green colors. The craft was
      black in color but almost gray. It was only a 1,000 feet above the ground.
      It was a perfect triangular shape, with no curves at all. It was obvious
      that it was no airplane. It flew very slowly without sound and the lights
      from the craft were just so bright it lit up the area around the craft.
      The weather was a light rain, but we had clear sight of it. ST. LOUIS --
      A couple hours later at 11:30 PM, a caller to the National Reporting
      Center stated, "My mom and a friend were returning home, crossing the
      McKinley Bridge over the Mississippi River into Illinois. As they began to
      cross the bridge, they saw a large object hovering in the sky. The object
      was above the bridge near the CAHOKIA MOUNDS. They stopped and watched it
      for a minute or so. They said it was perfectly still, at a height where a
      very low flying plane would be. Both witnesses claimed it was difficult to
      make out an exact shape - but drew me a picture and verbally described it.
      They saw two large glowing circular white lights on the side, that were
      attached to a long cigar shaped fuselage. They had difficulty describing
      what attached the lights to the body. I asked what made them think it was
      not a helicopter? They said, "It was WAY too large for a helicopter and
      remained perfectly still without any sound." They decided to keep moving
      and the passenger was looking out the rear window at the object. She lost
      track of the object briefly but saw it just in time to watch it streak
      across the sky at incredible speed. She said, "It then stopped instantly
      over the Mississippi at a point south of their current position." They
      continued home. Thanks to Peter Davenport Director NUFORC
      www.ufocenter.com.

      TEXAS FUTURISTIC PLANES

      DALLAS -- Jonathan Miller writes, "I'm 17 years old and on June 23, 2000,
      for the first time I actually saw real life proof of something going on."
      I went outside at about 10:27 PM, to play basketball and was waiting my
      friends sitting on a swing. I am looking up at the sky, which had no stars
      and saw two bluish almost futuristic type planes soar by faster than any
      planes can go. They flew by quickly but I was able to see them in the
      dark. What I saw gave me chills. They passed by in not even in a second.
      They left blue lines in the dark sky that was visible for a couple of
      seconds. They appeared to be breaking the sound barrier over our
      neighborhood and I expected a boom. But they were totally silent. The
      lines disappeared and I yelled to my friend to come out fast. Thanks to
      Jonathan Miller gizmo0081@... and Larry Clark Lclark@....

      OREGON UFOs FILMED

      HOOD RIVER -- James A. Gilliland reports that on June 24, 2000, there was
      a wonderful display of UFO activity. One very large craft flew directly
      over the Bridgehouse. It morphed from one light disk into three and four
      then returned to one again. Yes, it is on film. We have footage of ships
      rising on both sides of Mt Adams now. One in particular was immense. It
      rose up, went behind the mountain then moved right towards us. An aviation
      expert was present and had no doubt he had seen a UFO. It later ascended
      and hovered for the rest of the evening next to a triangular star pattern.
      Several were filmed last night, with one crossing the sky at a very high
      altitude and speed. Thanks to James Gilliland Self-Mastery Earth Institute
      <james@...., www.cazekiel.org

      NEW MEXICO NIDS COW ANIMAL MUTILATION SURVIVES

      On May 20, 2000, NIDS was alerted to a two year old Charolais cow which
      had been mutilated near Cuba, New Mexico, three days previously but the
      animal had survived. The animal was recovering at a nearby veterinary
      clinic. On May 22, 2000, the NIDS veterinarian plus two NIDS investigators
      arrived to examine it. The animal's left ear had been removed completely,
      its right ear was substantially removed and the animal's lips appeared to
      have been injured or degraded. A search for needle marks was negative.
      Both veterinarians concurred that there was no evidence whatsoever that
      the animal had been attacked by predators or scavengers. Rather, they
      concurred that a sharp instrument had likely been used to remove the ears.
      Multiple blood samples, a small tissue biopsy and fecal samples were taken
      and analyzed. See "http://www.nidsci.org"

      UK STRANGE DAZE MAGAZINE

      Strange Daze is an English publication that contains serious articles and
      papers by leading authors and researchers in the fields of Ufology, the
      paranormal and cutting edge science. There are no hard and fast rules
      governing submissions to the magazine, apart from an insistence on
      quality, integrity, and a realistic approach to the subject. So far,
      Strange Daze has been primarily aimed at a semi-academic readership and
      the magazine's detailed technical features often reflect this. The quality
      of writing is high and for this reason, much of the material showcased in
      Strange Daze has eventually finds its way into the wider world of
      publishing. Editor Gloria H. Dixon and the editorial team have a bold
      vision for the magazine's future, focusing on the profound issues of
      consciousness and our hopes, fears and expectations in this brave new
      world. The current edition (Issue 20) of Strange Daze contains a major
      feature by aviation writer Bill Rose on secret "Cold War" space projects,
      including the Pentagon's plans to build a military fortress on the Moon.
      In his lengthy article "The Scare in the Air," journalist DR David Clarke
      traces UFO sightings back to the beginning of the last century and takes a
      close look at Zeppelin activity during World War One. Kate Taylor, who is
      now regarded as an important authority on modern American political
      history, examines the possibility that Ted Kennedy was framed at
      Chappaquiddick. Ufologist Michael Lewis looks back at Millennium madness,
      while Dave Newton, Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society discusses the
      latest astronomy and space exploration developments. Last is Gloria
      Dixon's fascinating account of paranormal events at one of Britain's most
      mysterious locations, Windwhistle Hill. Strange Daze costs =A310 for four
      issues per year in the UK and =A315 for other subscribers. Website at:
      www.strangedaze.ic.24.net. HEATHERD77@...

      Editor's Note: Bill Rose's article revealed the US planned to build a
      military fortress on the Moon were stopped apparently due to the high
      cost, but I wonder if there were other reasons? Dr. David Clarke's Clark's
      article concerning Zeppelin Dirigible activity during World War I was
      particularly interesting to me since I flew over England for four years.
      During World War I hardly a night would go by without numerous reports of
      German Zeppelin activity over England, but the Germans only had one Naval
      Zeppelin and five Army airships in service when war was declared. Within a
      few months most had been destroyed or wrecked. German records reveal
      Zeppelin activity was very limited any where near England, yet sightings
      of airships was frequent and may have been UFOs. Captain Stansfield of the
      trawler SS Ape and many of his crew on December 15, 1914, reported
      sighting a black airship. After the war airship records were read and all
      German airships were in their hangars due to bad weather. On September 6,
      1914, Flight Commander C.E.H. Rathborne of the Felixstowe Naval Air
      Station, Suffolk returned from an early morning patrol in his RNAS
      seaplane to make perhaps the first report of a UFO by a military officer.
      "At 5:35 AM. whilst on patrol. I sighted an airship steering
      south-southeast, with a silver colored envelope on the horizon while
      flying at 1,300 feet, 27 miles south of Orfordness." A military
      intelligence report estimated the total number of reports of "enemy
      signaling" to be as high as 2,000 from the Scottish Command alone during
      the first year of the war. By January 31, 1916, nine Naval Zeppelins had
      been built and were ordered to bomb central England. The Zeppelin scares
      and rumors generated thousands of reports of phantom airships that based
      on their records seldom ever flew near England. It appears many of the
      reports may have been UFOs since records reveal no known aircraft or
      airships were flying. Were these British eyewitnesses lying, mistaken, or
      had they really seen UFOs in their skies?

      CANADA FIRST CROP CIRCLES OF 2000

      SASKATCHEWAN -- The first crop circles for 2000 were reported to
      CPR-Canada on June 19, 2000, near Willmar, south of Regina. Field
      assistant Beatta van Berkom and local reporter Dawn-Marie Barker report
      five rings were found in pasture grass, each averaging about 26 feet in
      diameter, and two feet wide. At least three of the rings have a cut in the
      ring, making them more like a horseshoe.

      RUSSIAN CROP CIRCLES MYSTIFY FARMERS

      YUZHNOYE -- The overnight appearance of crop circles in a field in
      Southern Russia June 24, 2000, has puzzled farmers who claim aliens landed
      there. Russian Public TV reported that a farmer from the village of
      Yuzhnoye, Stavropol Territory called in local officials "to record an act
      of vandalism" after finding that his field of ripe barley had been ruined.
      Closer examination revealed four distinct circles -- one 20 meters in
      diameter in the center and three outer ones 6 meters in diameter each. The
      barley had been smoothed down "as if by hand" in a clockwise direction.
      Representatives of the Stavropol Security Council found no traces of
      radiation or chemicals, and human intervention was ruled out. Eyewitnesses
      in a neighboring village said they had seen a UFO landing in the field.
      Vasily Belchenko, Security Council Deputy Secretary, was inclined to
      believe them. "Aliens" took crop samples from the field. "There is no
      doubt that it was not man-made," he said. A 20-cm-deep cylindrical hole
      with polished walls was found right in the center of the large circle
      suggesting the aliens were taking soil samples. Thanks to the BBC
      monitoring at Caversham and Steven L. Wilson, Ndunlks@...

      PRESIDENT JOHN F. KENNEDY AND UFOs

      Robert Collins writes...Besides all the other possible scenarios as to why
      JFK might of been assassinated UFOs have come up as perhaps another
      reason: Did JFK really intend to make an announcement on Roswell and an
      assassin's bullet got in the way? Was JFK's willingness to be open about
      many things including UFOs within the government earn him the permanent
      wrath of people like Dulles, Colby and Hoover? Please see:
      http://home.earthlink.net/~rcollins633/reports/kennedy_assassins_.htm

      BEFORE YOU BUY OR SELL A HOME SEE MY FREE REPORT -- All real estate agents
      are not the same? Some real estate agents or sales representatives are
      part timers and inexperienced. Others are experts with an excellent
      experience and capabilities. When you are selling or buying your home, you
      need to make sure you have the best real estate agent working for you
      before you make any important financial decisions on one your biggest
      investments! Remember, the majority of people do not know the right
      questions to ask, and what pit falls can cause major problems. Picking the
      right real estate agent can be a wonderful experience, and picking the
      wrong one can be a big mistake that can waste your time and cost you
      thousands! Find out, "What you need to understand before hiring any real
      estate agent!" These are the questions that many agents do not want you to
      ask. Learn how you can obtain the best real estate agent for your needs.
      To get a free copy of this report, just call (609) 654-0020 or e-mail us
      at Majorstar@....

      PHOTOGRAPH BOOKLET of some of the best UFO shots available and data on
      their propulsion systems by US Navy Commander Graham Bethune. Send $10.00
      check or money order to G. Filer 222 Jackson Road, Medford, New Jersey
      08055

      MUFON UFO JOURNAL -- For more detailed monthly investigative reports
      subscribe to the Journal by contacting MUFONHQ@.... Mention I
      recommended you for membership. Filer's Files is Copyrighted 2000 by
      George A. Filer, all rights reserved. Readers may post items from the
      Files on their Web Sites provided that they credit the newsletter and its
      editor by name and list the date of issue that the item appeared. Send
      your letters to Majorstar@.... Sending mail automatically grants
      permission for us to publish and use your name. Please state if you wish
      to keep your name, address, or story confidential.