Fwd = [destinationspace] World Wide Watch

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1 3:50 AM
      Forwarded by: fwestra@...
      Originally from: "Diana Botsford" <diana@...>
      Original Subject: [destinationspace] World Wide Watch
      Original Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 22:11:06 -0000

      D E S T I N A T I O N : S P A C E
      http://www.destinationspace.net

      World Wide Watch 2000
      July 1st, 2000

      Destination: Space is proud to announce the kick of it's second
      annual World Wide Watch. Join fellow sky watchers from Morocco,
      Brazil, Australia, the United Kingdom, Israel, the US and more as we
      join efforts to search the skies for 24 hours on July 1st.

      This is an opportunity for all those interested in the phenomenon to
      participate in developing information for researchers around the
      globe in their pursuit of the truth regarding Ufology. It is a chance
      to cross boundaries between countries, attitudes and
      beliefs and simply join in a fact finding mission that will aid all
      involved.

      With a unique database powered by MadChicken.com, World Wide Watch
      2000 has recieved committments from 320 teams worldwide that will be
      searching the skies and sharing their information online.

      Turning up the heat this year, a contest is being sponsored by UFO
      Magazine for the team and/or organization that provides the most
      valid data submissions including non-sighting reports. The prize is
      a free one year subscription to UFO Magazine.

      On our new World Wide Watch section you'll find out what sort of
      equipment to bring with you on your watch. Take a walk down the
      annals of history and find out how J. Allen Hynek devised the current
      system of Close Encounters of the First, Second and Third Kind.
      Looking for a local group to participate with? Find out which
      organizations you can contact to locate other nearby groups to join
      with. Then visit the #briefing room chat and share your experience.

      Join us July 1st starting at 8pm, Sydney, Australian time. The event
      will end at midnight, Hawaii Time! http://www.destinationspace.net

      ====================

      For entry to the chat, you can either go through our
      website which includes a java chat client that will work with AOL,
      Macintosh and Web-TV as well as PCs or you can use any IRC chat
      client and visit our chat room on the chat.solarcafe.com server in
      the #briefing room.

      We look forward to seeing you online.

      Diana Botsford
      Producer/Host
      Destination: Space
      http://www.destinationspace.net
      "To follow knowledge like a sinking star,
      Beyond the utmost bound of human thought . . .
      To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield."
      Tennyson's Ulysses