Re: [SO] !!!Speed of Light Broken!!!

  • Jeroen Wierda
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2000
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: <tedwards@...>
      To: "DreamScape News" <dreamscapenews@onelist.com>; "DreamScape Theories"
      <dreamscape_theories@onelist.com>
      Sent: Sunday, June 04, 2000 6:52 AM
      Subject: [SO] !!!Speed of Light Broken!!!

      > Eureka! Scientists break speed
      > of light
      >
      > Jonathan Leake, Science Editor
      >

      > SCIENTISTS claim they have broken the ultimate speed
      > barrier: the speed of light.
      >
      > In research carried out in the United States, particle
      > physicists have shown that light pulses can be accelerated to
      > up to 300 times their normal velocity of 186,000 miles per
      > second.
      >
      > The implications, like the speed, are mind-boggling. On one
      > interpretation it means that light will arrive at its destination
      > almost before it has started its journey. In effect, it is leaping
      > forward in time.

      [JW] Here I would like to express my usual logical thinking. The writer of
      this article is missing something... everything that crosses a certain
      distance takes time. The faster this distance is crossed, the less time it
      takes. If light usually takes 1 second to cover that distance, now with that
      speed enhancement it will only take 1/300th second. So, the faster the speed
      of light will be, the closer you will get to point 0 (0,000000~~~0 seconds),
      but you will NEVER reach that full zero second mark. What you will see if
      you travel at 300 times the speed of light is the light that once passed
      you... so, you will in essence see a "fast-forward" movie running through
      the past (light that is coming from the point of destination) towards the
      present (the present is the time/light at point of destination). There is no
      time-travel, I explained that once in an article I wrote for pufori.

      Best,
      Jeroen Wierda
      pufori.org, chat4all.org