Fwd = [MilCom] Black helicopters in Reading, PA

    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2000
      Forwarded by: fwestra@...
      Originally from: owner-milcom-digest@... (milcom-digest)
      Original Subject: milcom-digest V1 #1093
      Original Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 19:29:32 -0400

      Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 17:52:27 -0400
      From: "Richard L. Kramer" <N3VMY@...>
      Subject: [MilCom] McGuire air show SAT. ONLY/Black helos in Reading

      Thanks Dan for the clarification on the McGuire air show for Saturday
      only. On an airshow events website, they showed the T-birds for the
      3rd & 4th; however on the McGuire website they only listed the 3rd
      as the air show date. The following times are all EDT.
      The past 2 weeks here in the Reading area our local newspaper has
      carried several reports of "Black Helos" in the area late at night. I
      work 3:30pm - 2 or 3am so I was not able to check any freqs. About
      2 miles South of here 2 large helos buzzed several homes at near tree-
      top level and scared many residents. This happened about 2 weeks ago,
      and residents reported no markings on the helos and that they looked
      like CH53's. The second incident happened last week in the City of
      Reading, right over City Park. Several police officers were dispatched,
      and reported 2 large, black, unmarked helos flying at tree-top level.
      One of the officers shined his patrol car spotlight on the helos, and the
      helos took off to the West. The Chief air traffic controller at Reading
      Airport reported that the controllers on duty made no mention of any
      special ops in their reports and he knew nothing about the helos. Ditto
      for the State Police Drug Unit; and Ft. Indiantown Gap reported all
      their helos were on the ground at the Gap before 10pm. Both incidents
      happened between 11pm and 12am local time. Anyone else on the
      list have anything like this happen in your local area?
      Rich - Reading, PA

      - ---
      Submissions milcom@...