John Hutchison

  • Jerry Shifman
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2000
      On April 27 Fox broadcast two "Best Evidence Caught on Film" programs:
      one on ghosts and one on UFOs. In the one on ghosts I was amazed to
      see a segment on John Hutchison and his Poltergeist Machine. The
      program was all about ghostly manifestations of various sorts,
      and John's machine was included to show that what appear to be
      paranormal effects could actually be caused by ordinary electronic
      means -- not mysterious at all.

      I found this absolutely fascinating! Could the producers be so
      clueless that they thought the effects John could produce were
      just ordinary results from a tabletop electronic device? Good
      grief! They had some mind-boggling footage of metal rods flexing,
      objects flying off the table, etc. Then they made the point that
      this was not ghostly at all, but caused by John's machine.
      Can you believe it!? They cast John in the role of debunker!

      Which brings me to a question. Could someone please tell me where
      I can get more information about John? I think I read somewhere
      lately (here?) that his home/lab had been ransacked for a second
      time by police -- or agents of some sort. Is this true?

      Jerry