Fwd = [UASR]> Encyclopedia Mythica

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2000
      Forwarded by: fwestra@...
      Originally from: "Terry W. Colvin" <fortean1@...>
      Original Subject: [UASR]> Encyclopedia Mythica
      Original Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 08:33:26 -0800

      < http://www.pantheon.org/mythica/ >
      Information about the Encyclopedia Mythica.

      This is an encyclopedia on mythology, folklore, legends, and more. It
      contains over 5100 definitions of gods and goddesses, supernatural beings
      and legendary creatures and monsters from all over the world.
      This is by no means a complete work and I try to update it frequently by
      adding new articles and expanding or revising existing articles. However,
      since this is rather a lot of work for one man to do, I welcome
      contributions; either more information on existing articles or completely
      new ones. You can find more information about contributing here.
      The Encyclopedia Mythica has been on-line since May 15, 1995.
      Some of the topics you will find here, are about:

      * Legendary animals such as unicorns and dragons;
      * Objects like Excalibur and Mjollnir;
      * Gods and goddesses from many religions, including Greek, Japanese,
      Hindu, and Native American;
      * Imaginative places such as Atlantis, Avalon, and Thule;
      * Supernatural creatures such as gnomes, leprechauns, and fairies... and
      many, many more.

      And the best part, it's completely free! No banners and no advertisements!

      Terry W. Colvin, Sierra Vista, Arizona (USA)
      < fortean1@... >
      Home Page: < http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/8958/index.html >
      Sites: Fortean Times * Northwest Mysteries * Mystic's Cyberpage *
      TLCB * U.S. Message Text Formatting (USMTF) Program

      Follow the U.S. presidential race on our Politics list!