'Close Encounters Of The Third Kind' In Real Life

  • stig.agermose@xxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 1999
      Here at the dawn of the new millennium it might be relevant to look
      back upon a landmark movie of the past century, and one of its sources
      of inspiration.

      The e-mail is forwarded from 'alt.alien.research'.

      Stig

      ***

      From: indiana_mufon_member@...
      Newsgroups: alt.alien.research
      Subject: Oct 1973 UFO Wave!!! I Witnessed The Event!!!
      Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 22:20:31 GMT

      Oct,1973 UFO Wave? I was here in Indiana, and was 19yrs of age, at
      that time. That month, it was very warm when the sun set, and the
      temperatures around the country were mostly mild, to very warm for
      that time of year. Here in Indiana the night time air was about 70
      degress, and a 5 mph breeze, and visability was vertually unlimited. I
      remember me, amd a friend of mine watching the night sky for the hole
      month of Oct, especially after all the reports of abductions, and UFO
      sightings. I still remember the way the night sky looked to this day.
      It was very much like the same sky for the movie close incounters. You
      could look into the night sky, and in 1 minute, or less, and in any
      direction, see things moving about the stars, from all sorts of
      different directions. Hopefully someday, you all will be as lucky as i
      have been, to witness such an event. This event, is what brought on
      the making of the close encounters movie, and the movie really starts
      off from real reports that were taken that first warm Oct, 1973 night.
      The first report that i know of that was taken, was from a commercial
      airline pilot flying at high alltitude over the state of Indiana, and
      in the vicinity over Elkhart, Indiana. And this is how the movie close
      encounters starts off. But enough of the movie talk. Here is a link to
      the Oct, 1973 Wave, and there are many accounts of reports. Are all
      these people imagining these things? Did all these people make false
      reports? I doubt it very seriously. These reports are from the U.S.
      only, and not to even mention all the other reports world wide that
      Oct, 1973!!! false reports from coast to coast? false reports world
      wide? There was lots of reports taken on one certain night, all across
      the U.S.!!! And it is not feasable to consider this some kind of
      hoax!!! There were reports in my own home town of suspected landing
      sites, but nothing much ever became of it, and it was reconized by the
      authorities to be hog wash, and nothing more!!! Thanks For
      Reading!!!!!!!

      Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
    • Stig Agermose
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 30, 1999
        As you may have noticed, 'indiana_mufon_member@...' forgot to post
        the URL of the site dealing with the October 1973 wave, but he has
        retrieved his mistake! Go to

        http://www.avalon.net/~middlecoast/ossamp.htm

        for a sample chapter of Kevin Randle's book about the events and follow the
        link.

        Stig