UFO Crash Into Dam Threatens Water Supply Of Oz Town

  • Jeroen Kumeling
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 9, 1999
      ----
      SIGHTINGS
      ----

      UFO Crash Into Dam Threatens Water Supply Of Oz Town
      From Tony Robb <Praufo@...>
      PRA Research Group Co-ordinator
      12-8-99

      From Bremner Thomson (TSA) <Bremner.Thomson@...
      12-8-99

      Jeff...

      Town's water supply tested after mystery crash

      Testing will continue today on the water supply dam at Guyra in northern New
      South Wales after an unidentified object crashed into it.

      Emergency services have quarantined the dam and severely restricted the use
      of water until they know what the object is, and whether it has left any
      dangerous residue.

      The object gouged a path 15 metres long and six metres wide in reed beds and
      mud at the dam sparking a full emergency response.

      The fire brigade and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) say initial
      testing has determined the object is benign, but want to carry out further
      testing today before giving the town water supply the all clear.

      Divers are to be sent down later this morning to physically examine the
      object and until then no-one is prepared to speculate what it might be.

      A police guard was put at the scene overnight and the media were directed to
      leave the area by hazardous materials officers from the fire brigade.

      The dam itself was not damaged and there have been no reports of casualties.

      See ABC Site:

      http://www.abc.net.au/news/newslink/nat/newsnat-9dec1999-23.htm

      Bremner Thomson

      Researchers from Phenomena Research Australia (PRA) on location at GUYRA,
      NSW, have reported that the investigation is at present a POLICE matter. The
      alleged object was NOT seen to enter the dam and until further evidence is
      presented the matter remains unresolved.

      Melbourne researchers, JOHN AUCHETTL and RON BARNETT reported from the
      location this morning.

      "There is a surface mark and burns that lead into the dam indicating some
      impact, but this was not evidence of a satellite or meteorite impact. The
      splash marks are consistent with an impact. However, an explosive device
      would produce a similar effect."

      "Until we get to see what is at the bottom of the dam, we can not rule out
      anything from a car to a elaborate hoax. Samples of the burnt area and water
      have been taken for further investigation."

      "It must be stated, that until more work has been done on the area, the
      alleged UFO story has no foundation, but the isolation and security of the
      site was mandatory and recommended, to preserve the data."

      The police will have to get into the dam and have a look, and after that,
      the field investigators could make some decision.

      http://www.theage.com.au/breaking/9912/09/A26303-1999Dec9.shtml

      A township in northern New South Wales has had its water supply cut off
      after an unidentified object crashed into the local dam. Plans are now in
      place to truck water in from Armidale and Glen Innes.

      Some time between Monday and midday yesterday the projectile slammed into
      the Guyra water supply dam on the outskirts of the town, north of Armidale.
      Police said it was first noticed by a local council employee carrying out
      routine maintenance work.

      Fire brigade spokesman John Hobar said an area of reed beds measuring four
      metres by 10 metres had been flattened, fuelling suspicion that the object
      may have fallen from the sky.

      But he said he had checked with a number of space agencies, meterological
      experts and authorities in Canberra and there had been no sightings of an
      unidentified object falling from the sky.

      Hobar said the brigade's hazardous material unit went to the scene and
      tested the water for toxins and radioactive material, but the results were
      clear. "We're not prepared to declare the water safe until we actually site
      the object. We're not prepared to take any risks."

      Water supply would only be restored when authorities could guarantee its
      safety, he said.

      The local council has isolated water supply to the town by switching off
      pumps and treatment works.

      Hobar said crews were unable to identify the object last night because it
      had become embedded in the dam and the water was muddy.

      Divers will be brought in this morning to try to make a positive
      identification.

      TONY. ROBB PRA Research Group Co-ordinator

      praufo@... (041) 8330316

      Phenomena Research Australia [PRA] P.O. Box 523, Mulgrave, Victoria,
      Australia, 3170 Australian & Asia UFO 1961-1999 - 38 YEARS OF RESEARCH
      SERVICE

      _____

      Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 11:45:33 +1100 From: Nick <nebulon@...
      To: eotl@... Subject: UFO threatens water supply in NSW town

      AAP -- A township in northern New South Wales is facing severe water
      restrictions after an unidentified object crashed into the local dam. Some
      time between Monday and midday yesterday the projectile slammed into the
      Guyra water supply dam on the outskirts of the town, north of Armidale.

      Police said it was first noticed by a local council employee carrying out
      routine maintenance work. Fire brigade spokesman John Hobar said an area of
      reed beds measuring four metres by 10 metres had been flattened, fuelling
      suspicion that the object may have fallen from the sky. But he said he had
      checked with a number of space agencies, meteorological experts and
      authorities in Canberra and there had been no sightings of an unidentified
      object falling from the sky. Mr Hobar said the brigade's hazardous material
      unit went to the scene and tested the water for toxins and radioactive
      material, but the results were clear. "There's a township of about 5000
      people and they're on severe water restrictions now," Mr Hobar told AAP.
      "We're not prepared to declare the water safe until we actually site the
      object. We're not prepared to take any risks." The local council has
      isolated water supply to the town by switching off pumps and treatment
      works. Mr Hobar said crews were unable to identify the object last night
      because it had become embedded in the dam and the water was muddy. Divers
      will be brought in this morning to try to make a positive identification.

      Large Object Falls Into Dam In NSW Australia

      From Ross Dowe <ippoz@...
      12-8-99

      Guyray NSW 9.30 am Today. 9th Dec 1999
      A large object has fallen in to a water supply dam.

      Police Duty officer Bill Strange says, "the object appears to be about
      15meters by 6 meters wide and has crashed into the Guyray Dam. Local
      residents have been advised not to drink water. Radiation tests are
      currently being conducted. At this stage no reactions yet."

      National Space Centre
      Ross Dowe
      nsc@...

      http://news.ninemsn.com.au/01_national/story_10734.asp

      SIGHTINGS HOMEPAGE

      This Site Served by TheHostPros
    • Giles
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 9, 1999
        Is there any hard copies of this in any magazines or papers?

        UFO Crash Into Dam Threatens Water Supply Of Oz Town
        From Tony Robb <Praufo@...>

        Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 11:45:33 +1100 From: Nick <nebulon@...
        To: eotl@... Subject: UFO threatens water supply in NSW town

        AAP -- A township in northern New South Wales is facing severe water
        restrictions after an unidentified object crashed into the local dam. Some
        time between Monday and midday yesterday the projectile slammed into the
        Guyra water supply dam on the outskirts of the town, north of Armidale.

        Police said it was first noticed by a local council employee carrying out
        routine maintenance work. Fire brigade spokesman John Hobar said an area of
        reed beds measuring four metres by 10 metres had been flattened, fuelling
        suspicion that the object may have fallen from the sky. But he said he had
        checked with a number of space agencies, meteorological experts and
        authorities in Canberra and there had been no sightings of an unidentified
        object falling from the sky. Mr Hobar said the brigade's hazardous material
        unit went to the scene and tested the water for toxins and radioactive
        material, but the results were clear. "There's a township of about 5000
        people and they're on severe water restrictions now," Mr Hobar told AAP.
        "We're not prepared to declare the water safe until we actually site the
        object. We're not prepared to take any risks." The local council has
        isolated water supply to the town by switching off pumps and treatment
        works. Mr Hobar said crews were unable to identify the object last night
        because it had become embedded in the dam and the water was muddy. Divers
        will be brought in this morning to try to make a positive identification.

        Large Object Falls Into Dam In NSW Australia

        >From Ross Dowe <ippoz@...
        12-8-99

        Guyray NSW 9.30 am Today. 9th Dec 1999
        A large object has fallen in to a water supply dam.

        Police Duty officer Bill Strange says, "the object appears to be about
        15meters by 6 meters wide and has crashed into the Guyray Dam. Local
        residents have been advised not to drink water. Radiation tests are
        currently being conducted. At this stage no reactions yet."

        National Space Centre
        Ross Dowe
        nsc@...

        http://news.ninemsn.com.au/01_national/story_10734.asp

        SIGHTINGS HOMEPAGE

        This Site Served by TheHostPros
      • Peter & Lynette Johnson
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 9, 1999
          Hi try this, http://news.excite.com/news/r/991209/08/odd-ufo
          Also the Sydney morning Herald

          Also try this web site, All The Worlds News Papers (Australia)
          http://www.webwombat.com.au/intercom/newsprs/Australi.htm

          THE AGE - MELBOURNE -
          http://www.theage.com.au/breaking/9912/09/A26303-1999Dec9.shtml

          THE DAILY TELEGRAPH - SYDNEY -
          http://www.news.com.au/
          ABC NEWS -
          http://www.abc.net.au/news/default.htm

          It sounds at this stage that it was simply a meteorite that
          impacted the dam site at an angle of slightly less than 45 degrees.
          Local council workers hope to recover the object with the help
          of a back hoe . The site is still under police command.

          Hope the above helps.:>)

          Peter Johnson
          AUFORN S.A.

          >Is there any hard copies of this in any magazines or papers?

          UFOs, Strange Phenomena, Astronomy, Skywatching, SETI, the
          >Latest on Aerospace Research and Space Travel, Free & New
          Energy,Exoscience, etc.