Bible and demise of dinosaurs

  • Nicky Molloy
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 1999
      I just found this in the archives of IUFO. Most interesting.

      IUFO Mailing List

      Re: Who Or What Killed The Dinosaurs?
      Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 20:51:41 -0700
      From: watcher
      Subject: Re: IUFO: Who Or What Killed The Dinosaurs?

      -> IUFO Mailing List

      Scripture has much to say about the demise of the (tannin) i.e. Hebrew for dinosaur...
      "But you O God are my king from the ages; you bring salvation upon the earth. It was you who rent/dashed open the sea by your power; you
      broke the heads of the "dragons" in the waters. It was you who crushed the heads of Leviathan and gave him as food to the vast wilderness...you
      dried up the ever flowing rivers". Psalm 74:12-15
      "He who made the Pleiades and Orion, who turns blackness into dawn and darkens day into night, who calls for the waters of the ocean and pours
      them out over the face of the earth-the Lord is his name." Amos 5:8,& 9:6
      "There is the sea, vast and spacious, teeming with creatures beyond counting living things both large and small and leviathan, which you
      formed to frolic there...When you hide your face, they are terrified; when you take away their breath, they die and return to the dust. When you
      send your Spirit, they are created, and you renew the face of the earth".
      Psalm 104:25-30
      "He turned rivers into a desert, flowing springs into thirsty ground, and fruitful land into a salt waste, because of the wickedness of
      those who lived there. He turned the desert into pools of water and the parched ground into flowing springs; Psalm 107:33-35
      "Who says to the watery deep, 'be dry?" Isaiah 44:27
      "By a mere rebuke I dry up the ocean, I turn rivers into a desert; their fish rot for lack of water and die of thirst. I clothe the sky with
      darkness and make sackcloth its covering." Isaiah 50:2,3

      "The earth trembled and quaked, and the foundations of the mountains shook; they trembled because he was angry. Smoke rose from his nostrils;
      consuming fire came from his mouth, burning coals blazed out of it. He parted the heavens and came down; dark clouds were under his feet. ...Out of
      the brightness of his presence clouds advanced, with great stones and bolts of lighting. The Lord thundered from heaven; the voice of the Most High

      He shot his arrows and scattered "the enemies", great bolts of lighting and routed them. The valleys of the sea were exposed and the
      foundations of the earth laid bare at your rebuke, O Lord, at the blast of breath from you nostrils" Psalm 18:7-15
      "The mountains saw you and writhed. Torrents of water swept by, the deep roared and lifted its waves on high. Sun and moon stood still in the
      heavens at the glint of your flying arrows, at the lighting of your flashing spear." Habakkuk 3:10

      All these verses are an exactingly accurate way of describing what happens when a mountain size asteroid or comet slams into the earth at 40
      miles a second.
      "flying arrows?' actually the Hebrew has chatzik, meaning piercer or thunderbolt.
      The asteroid impact theory combines thermal explosions on the order of billions of tons of tnt, global rains of fire, mountain uplift, 100
      ft land waves propagating 1,000 mph from impact zones, mountain range size tsunami washing over continents, month long earth quakes, impact
      detritus injected into the upper atmosphere causing years of global winter...etc. all seems to be included in the Scriptural account.
      David@Watcher http://www.mt.net/~watcher/stones.html

      Posted by: watcher <watcher@...>